ABF | ABF Strike Vote!

For some of you guys, it's about being a chest thumper on a soap box. And for people like me, it's about doing the right thing for myself and my coworkers. And it's not just a job. It's a great job with great benefits that can't be replaced with any ole job. Go look for yourself

One question Rolin62 Where do you think the great benefits that you enjoy today came from? It came from the same Teamsters you now criticize. Teamsters with balls that stood on picket lines, that fought and died for what they believed in. This is why you have the great job and benefits you speak of. So before you speak you just may want to read about the history of the Teamsters and understand why you just don't give away the gains you have so easy in the end.

One question Rolin62 Where do you think the great benefits that you enjoy today came from? It came from the same Teamsters you now criticize. Teamsters with balls that stood on picket lines, that fought and died for what they believed in. This is why you have the great job and benefits you speak of. So before you speak you just may want to read about the history of the Teamsters and understand why you just don't give away the gains you have so easy in the end.
Rollin 62 never walked a picket line or made a sacrifice for benefits or working conditions.He is truly a me teamster
What a doschbag.

If ABF even made an attempt to make any real changes in the supplement I would believe this thing could pass. But ABF has been like that form the beginning.
This is our offer and that's it.
If they gave up on the insult of the ten minute breaks, or the camera thing, and yes they are an insult, they might see some change in the vote.
But its just corporate America 101, make your employees miserable and afraid to lose their job or the numbers might fall a fraction of a percent.
The lack of that attitude when I came here is what made me stay, but it seems we are all doomed to work under that ideal until our economy falls apart.
ABF watched how the union reps handled The last call for a give back. They watched how the union reps handled YRC. In football, we call this watching film. They sat back and learned.They saw weak leadership and decided to push a little harder this time to get what they wanted.

new school vs old school,, new school will win every time! its time for change within the IBT,, total overhaul. Out with the old and in with the new..

If the south chicago teamsters go on strike it will be a 8hour shift on the line, and a 8 hour shift across the street at atlantis gentlemens club. BASHIN SC@BS AND SLAPPIN ASSEZ, HELL YEA BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

One guy thinks the no voters are stupid and wrong, another looking forward to slapping asses at the strip club after the 8 hour shift on the strike line? I do believe this has all been lost in the focus department.. ***** and asses seem to go together...No wonder we are in the position we are in.. 1st time I have heard a guy excited to go on strike and slap some asses on his down time..

By the way,, rollin you are the same person as justsayin from the oldschoolteamster site,, you have almost repeated yourself word for word and then when called out, you go away, i'm done, etc.. you are the same person.. busted!!!gone back and looked at stuff.. if not you are his joined at the hip twin!!!

I work for YRC Freight.i do not come on your board to criticize ridicule or deceive any of you.with that being said.if you all do go on strike nationwide.i will take time out of my schedule to be there for you and with you.I believe a travesty has been perpetrated from the get go.Do not fall asleep at the wheel.Do not overlook anything.Whether it be from the company or the IBT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

One guy thinks the no voters are stupid and wrong, another looking forward to slapping asses at the strip club after the 8 hour shift on the strike line? I do believe this has all been lost in the focus department.. ***** and asses seem to go together...No wonder we are in the position we are in.. 1st time I have heard a guy excited to go on strike and slap some asses on his down time..

By the way,, rollin you are the same person as justsayin from the oldschoolteamster site,, you have almost repeated yourself word for word and then when called out, you go away, i'm done, etc.. you are the same person.. busted!!!gone back and looked at stuff.. if not you are his joined at the hip twin!!!
Iam4us, if u were on here for awhile and posted on here alot, u would know i dont work for abf. So chill out, with reading all the posts trollin was writing i figure i would ease the tension. So u probley wont even see this till next feburary, seeing that u hardly ever post on here. Oh btw happy new year n merry xmas since i wont hear from u the rest of this calendar year

If the south chicago teamsters go on strike it will be a 8hour shift on the line, and a 8 hour shift across the street at atlantis gentlemens club. BASHIN SC@BS AND SLAPPIN ASSEZ, HELL YEA BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think this is funny!!! But I would have to change it to 4 hour shifts... Glad to see you back posting $outh$ide $tre$$

Can someone help me understand why Rollin62, his only friend on this thread (whom I will not name), and Southern Man are so worried about their jobs? It is only a job! What do you think Ththey would be willing to sacrifice to keep this job?
They like the benefits but will sacrifice nothing.

Personally I think this is funny!!! But I would have to change it to 4 hour shifts... Glad to see you back posting $outh$ide $tre$$

Thanks, ive been running like a dog, with our contract up in the air, and the not knowing whats in the future, i am guna get as much as i can hile i can. And i guess 8 hr shifts was alittle too long lol

Iam4us, if u were on here for awhile and posted on here alot, u would know i dont work for abf. So chill out, with reading all the posts trollin was writing i figure i would ease the tension. So u probley wont even see this till next feburary, seeing that u hardly ever post on here. Oh btw happy new year n merry xmas since i wont hear from u the rest of this calendar year

$outh $ide $tress--Just cause he doesn't post anything, doesn't mean he's not visiting this fine web sight. He has 45 posts since May 2013. That's even better than me. By the way tension is running high and Trollin is getting to much attention. Merry Christmas.:438:

Thanks, ive been running like a dog, with our contract up in the air, and the not knowing whats in the future, i am guna get as much as i can hile i can. And i guess 8 hr shifts was alittle too long lol

Glad to see you have found your way over here again!!! I like to wish you all GOOD LUCK with your contract, and hope the IBT will do a better job with your contract then they have with ours...

309 YRC Chicago

It was good hear today at the 710 union meeting, that ABF will pay health and pension benefits for the workers for all time spent on the picket line. Per PF

Last edited by a moderator:
Tutone..that statement kind of hit me the wrong way? Really now? Abf will pay health and welfare if you all strike? So said the union local? That is as bad as the union (not official) ok'd abf to ship 300 loads with owner operators.This almost sounds as bad as the talk about YRCW officials talking to ABF about buying them out during contract negotiations and the vote.

Just don't see humor in this, my apologies for ruffling your feathers. Although a good strip club may loosen the tension... Its all good.. Not a lot of time to post, I run OTR..

309 YRC Chicago

Tutone..that statement kind of hit me the wrong way? Really now? Abf will pay health and welfare if you all strike? So said the union local? That is as bad as the union (not official) ok'd abf to ship 300 loads with owner operators.This almost sounds as bad as the talk about YRCW officials talking to ABF about buying them out during contract negotiations and the vote.

Thats what everyone was told at the meeting, you will hear the same from the ABF guys who were there., And I hope the best for the ABF guys should they decide to strike .

I guess that would be true about paying HW even if there is a strike.Because the major part of contract was passed.ABF is assuming that the members wont go on strike nationwide if the central decides to strike about the supplements.

I am a Teamster for a different company.I always post that I dont intend to irritate or pass false statements.My opinion on the contract.I felt how it went down was wrong.