ABF | ABF Tenative Agreement Is Up

After reading the TA, all I can say is, we've been sold out. The propaganda posters in my shop lament the cost of pension contributions, yet they agreed to yearly increases for this. Judas keeps the money flowing into their coffers, ABF gets a pie in the sky deal, and you and I pay for all of it.
It's a NO for me.

If I vote yes I'm voting myself out of a job and I'm afraid it wouldn't be JUST 6%.

I agree with you, There is just to much bad in this, and that's not even telling us what's not there for us to read. This proposal is a disgrace, The IBT and the union halls should be ashamed of trying to sell us out, just like they did with UPS AND YRC. THE IBT AND LOCAL UNIONS TAKING CARE OF THEIR BEST INTEREST, BUT NOT OURS

I agree with you, There is just to much bad in this, and that's not even telling us what's not there for us to read. This proposal is a disgrace, The IBT and the union halls should be ashamed of trying to sell us out, just like they did with UPS AND YRC. THE IBT AND LOCAL UNIONS TAKING CARE OF THEIR BEST INTEREST, BUT NOT OURS

Plus the electronic monitoring language is scary I'm sure that wont get abused by a bad supervisor.

No contributions to Centeral states and western conference for 5 year that's worse than YRC's deal. Centeral states is only 53% funded now say bye bye.

Yea I got a problem with this and this

Management may use audio, video, electronic tracking devices to fire employees for “stealing time,” without corroboration (Article 26).
They wont lay you off. You will just get one run a week and starve. Purchased transportation at any level is a bad deal for road drivers.

Plus the electronic monitoring language is scary I'm sure that wont get abused by a bad supervisor.

No contributions to Centeral states and western conference for 5 year that's worse than YRC's deal. Centeral states is only 53% funded now say bye bye.

I agree there is just to much bad language, and your right electronic monitoring is going to be abused as much as the rest of the contract, There is no way I could ever endorse something as bad as this. This is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wont lay you off. You will just get one run a week and starve. Purchased transportation at any level is a bad deal for road drivers.

Yea some of the brothers and sisters are worried about getting no time off I'm thinking we might get a whole bunch of time off .
There saying 6% of TOTAL road miles that's a bunch of miles.

Ok I looked at it again no increase to Centeral or western it stays at current contribution levels

just............................ NO. how ridiculas that anyone would even consider such a bad,bad, consessionary scam.

ark best buys panther, then tells us it wants to use (purchased transportation) to haul 6% of our work. AND FURTHERMORE, we will take a $100 (per week ave) pay cut.

noone would be fool enough to vote for that.

What I haven't seen is anything related to "equal sacrifice" from management..

Hell we've been sacraficing for at least past 3 years while you guys get your raises and paid health insurance, we have lost out already. Cry me a river, just lost my pension plan. The 7% is guaranteed to be paid back in 5 yrs. We aren't guaranteed anything. You guys elected your representatives and they have seen both sides, but now you want to cry foul...

Go find another company if this deal is too bad...

Hell we've been sacraficing for at least past 3 years while you guys get your raises and paid health insurance, we have lost out already. Cry me a river, just lost my pension plan. The 7% is guaranteed to be paid back in 5 yrs. We aren't guaranteed anything. You guys elected your representatives and they have seen both sides, but now you want to cry foul...

whered this guy come from?^^^^^^^^^ noone is "crying you a river". do you even work here?
if you dont have a dog in this hunt, go **** OFF. OH, AND VOTE NO

Just throwing this out there, in 2014 when obamacare kicks in you will have to pay taxes on your medical too so, not only are they reducing your pay you have to pay more for medical.

whered this guy come from?^^^^^^^^^ noone is "crying you a river". do you even work here?
if you dont have a dog in this hunt, go **** OFF. OH, AND VOTE NO

Work for same company you do so I would say I have a dog in this hunt...guess you didn't realize we have been sacraficing for over 3 years, but hey you make all the decisions.

Glad you can use **** on a keyboard.

Just throwing this out there, in 2014 when obamacare kicks in you will have to pay taxes on your medical too so, not only are they reducing your pay you have to pay more for medical.

Not sure but I believe the Teamsters got a reprieve or exception till like 2018..I could be wrong but I do remember reading something about this..

The only way this might have a chance of passing would be to take the loss of vacation out, seems like they dident learn there lesson last vote? Greed is getting in the way of good judgement....

Sure sounds like management to me... Remember something bud It was management that got this industry into the fiasco it is in today...

Work for same company you do so I would say I have a dog in this hunt...guess you didn't realize we have been sacraficing for over 3 years, but hey you make all the decisions.

Glad you can use **** on a keyboard.

Trust me, there are some Teamsters that feel for you, and believe we should take the same sacrifices as you did.
But here, all you're going to find is a bunch of selfish, greedy bums who think they shouldn't take any concessions to help the company.

My so called union brothers always spew that "Corporate Greed' line, but fail to realize they're just as guilty.