Yellow | Absenteeism Papers

Keep telling yourself that one. If these companies quit paying the union will agree to put all the pension funds together.

Unless the funds go to PBGC, they will NEVER be combined. Regardless of WHY, YRCW clearly does not have the money to make full contributions. Maybe you would agree to enlighten us all as to your solution. Because "shut 'em down" helps no one!

they want to enforce this policy so bad that you can't even go to a dr appt or do your blood work (they only do it first thing in the morning) without being written up and miss a days work which is BS. The least they could have done was give us back our week of

Last edited by a moderator:
Firings will only occur to those who FAIL to protect themselves. FMLA and proper use of sick paid days. When YOU accepted employment, I'm sure it was mentioned that attendance was MANDITORY, not OPTIONAL!

Words of wisdom.

And I would like to point out that non-union companies will simply fire anyone who uses FMLA or goes out on workman's comp. They don't care if the employee has a legitimate reason, and they don't care if the firing is illegal. They will trump up a reason to fire you, and there will be no grievance hearing. A simple Goodbye will suffice.

Given the abuse of union privileges (by a minority of employees) the company has every right to issue warning letters and take the cases to a grievance hearing for review, wounded egos or not.

I'm amazed that people who can't run a trucking company have the magic power to determine how many days a year a person will be sick and decide on which days the person should be sick.

so nons will just fire workers on FMLA .damn I wish that would of happened to me .I have the state attorney generals office on speed dial for yrc but would not of thought twice about owning that non union company for abusing their power and ignoring federal law .
Sounds like another scam from a botton feeding dock super to me

so nons will just fire workers on FMLA .damn I wish that would of happened to me .I have the state attorney generals office on speed dial for yrc but would not of thought twice about owning that non union company for abusing their power and ignoring federal law .
Sounds like another scam from a botton feeding dock super to me

Here in Texas they can fire you at will no reason needed another good reason to be a Union member!

He lied but if he was to be caught it should have been by management, if it's not harassment bullying or abuse we shouldn't ever snitch on each other
Some will do whatever it takes for more OT, better bids and vacation picks.

Words of wisdom.

And I would like to point out that non-union companies will simply fire anyone who uses FMLA or goes out on workman's comp. They don't care if the employee has a legitimate reason, and they don't care if the firing is illegal. They will trump up a reason to fire you, and there will be no grievance hearing. A simple Goodbye will suffice.

Given the abuse of union privileges (by a minority of employees) the company has every right to issue warning letters and take the cases to a grievance hearing for review, wounded egos or not.

Where do you clowns come up with this drivel,the demon non union companies,give me a break.:bowdown:****

As the cheerleaders on here have stated if you go to WORK and do your job you won't get fired.:woot2:

There are a few who feel it is an unacceptable imposition. The very nerve of YRCW to think that doing your job, when you're supposed to, is MANDITORY. How inconsiderate AND unfair.

There are a few who feel it is an unacceptable imposition. The very nerve of YRCW to think that doing your job, when you're supposed to, is MANDITORY. How inconsiderate AND unfair.

Al I agree with you a lot but this is different from just doing your job, you gotta look at the fact that first of all they messed up our pension which leave us with an aging more fragile workforce that by the nature of doing manual labor in all the elements that God throw us are going to get ill sick or just have the aches and pains that wont allow a 60 year old man whose pension has been snatched from under him to go to work that day and produce efficiently,I could see if we had a bunch of teenagers and 20 year olds but we talking about older men who earned vacations and lost it and will get fired for taking the same week he had in the first place ir who would have retired if he had his pension, im just saying if u going to try to fire a man for taking off sick then give him his week of vacation back his pay and his pension back so he can retire or use his week to take off

The absenteeism problem isn't with the 60 yr olds where I'm at, they are the ones that show on time everyday, it's the junior men taking time off to do their side work(landscaping, snow plowing, remodeling etc) heck we have one guy that owns a Courier Service and books off whenever he's busy...............That's great I'm all for starting your own business and chasing the American dream but when that's the case don't be upset if there are repercussions. When your side job starts to interfere with your full time job maybe it's time to make some changes.

Thats that one guy, in Dallas almost 80% of us are over 50 and wont be able to retire no time soon and with this long standing war with management here they got over 65% if us working across the weekend, you put in over 20 25 years you deserve time off without. The threat of being fired for it, you get the flu in January thats 3 or 4 sick days there, get gout or ill in may thats the rest of it and some vacation, now u start missing family reunions, kids and grandkids games recitals and activities, cant go to church, rest of family take annual vacation but you cant go because in August u only got 3 vacation days left because you dared to get sick in march and took 3 days off in may to be with your wife, and many many other instances like this so now in December heaven forbids you or your wife or mother gets real sick fir whatever reason, now they fire you until committee, what a thanks for us saving their jobs, im sure they earning a lot of votes for the next time, they starting to lose mine

1 guy? There are 6 different guys that have their own businesses out of a 45 man barn and take off at will, I understand the motivation between layoffs, being on call and the general feeling they don't card about me why should about them, but at some point it has to stop. .

Al I agree with you a lot but this is different from just doing your job, you gotta look at the fact that first of all they messed up our pension which leave us with an aging more fragile workforce that by the nature of doing manual labor in all the elements that God throw us are going to get ill sick or just have the aches and pains that wont allow a 60 year old man whose pension has been snatched from under him to go to work that day and produce efficiently,I could see if we had a bunch of teenagers and 20 year olds but we talking about older men who earned vacations and lost it and will get fired for taking the same week he had in the first place ir who would have retired if he had his pension, im just saying if u going to try to fire a man for taking off sick then give him his week of vacation back his pay and his pension back so he can retire or use his week to take off

The absenteeism problem isn't with the 60 yr olds where I'm at, they are the ones that show on time everyday, it's the junior men taking time off to do their side work(landscaping, snow plowing, remodeling etc) heck we have one guy that owns a Courier Service and books off whenever he's busy...............That's great I'm all for starting your own business and chasing the American dream but when that's the case don't be upset if there are repercussions. When your side job starts to interfere with your full time job maybe it's time to make some changes.

oneofus you raise valid points. I know my posts some times appear insensitive. Bone numbingly cold in winter and sweltering in summer. Working on the dock is HARD work. And in spite of the name, "national attendance policy" there will be locations such as Dallas that will take too hard of a line. BTW I've said that we should get our week vacation back. Even if it's unpaid. For nearly everyone time away from YRCF is theraputic.

I do though feel that Wrench97 is fairly accurate about just who has the better work ethic.

1 guy? There are 6 different guys that have their own businesses out of a 45 man barn and take off at will, I understand the motivation between layoffs, being on call and the general feeling they don't card about me why should about them, but at some point it has to stop. .

Wow you found 6 guys to make at natl.policy change. For a co.with approx 26k employeeswhat a small minded person you are!