Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

This is free money customer pays the accelerated price and if we fail we still get paid regular price, can't lose.
One thing I do not think people realize is that companies like xpo, and fed ex have all their rates priced this way based on service they commit to and get it done. Fed ex does offer the Economy for shippers who do not mind a day or 2 longer, for a cheaper price, but conway has always been priced a bit higher, and gets it there. If this accelerated program shows promise of customer acceptance, they may have to figure out a way to make it our standard service and pricing for everything.

The Accelerated Service was officially launched on April 4,2016. YRC called it the most significant launch in almost TWO DECADES .On that day YRC stock was at 9.02 on Friday 5/28/16 almost two months later the stock closed at 8.60. Management is calling this single service bigger than the merger of Yellow and Roadway. The YRC and Roadway merger has been a disaster at our terminal. Even though it's been a bust, it was still a much bigger launch then the Accelerated Service. It was an asinine statement by YRC to say the Accelerated Service was the most significant company launch in TWO DECADES management was just trying to get the employees and stockholders to drink the Kool-Aid. The Accelerated Service was brought out a couple of weeks before management had to announce to its shareholders another quarter of losses. It was away for management to try to please the shareholders and to keep everyone enthusiastic. Offering customers a nonguaranteed service for more money isn't a game changer. YRC has taken millions of dollars of employee givebacks and hasn't given anything back. Our terminal has less than half the employees it had only a few years ago. The working conditions are a joke, the equipment is used until failure then replaced with another piece of junk. Our benefits continue to dwindle and morale is at an all time low. This is what our millions of dollars of give backs have gotten us.

bAgYZGD.jpg

Didn't Havoc get the memo about being grateful to still have a job?

The Accelerated Service was officially launched on April 4,2016. YRC called it the most significant launch in almost TWO DECADES .On that day YRC stock was at 9.02 on Friday 5/28/16 almost two months later the stock closed at 8.60. Management is calling this single service bigger than the merger of Yellow and Roadway. The YRC and Roadway merger has been a disaster at our terminal. Even though it's been a bust, it was still a much bigger launch then the Accelerated Service. It was an asinine statement by YRC to say the Accelerated Service was the most significant company launch in TWO DECADES management was just trying to get the employees and stockholders to drink the Kool-Aid. The Accelerated Service was brought out a couple of weeks before management had to announce to its shareholders another quarter of losses. It was away for management to try to please the shareholders and to keep everyone enthusiastic. Offering customers a nonguaranteed service for more money isn't a game changer. YRC has taken millions of dollars of employee givebacks and hasn't given anything back. Our terminal has less than half the employees it had only a few years ago. The working conditions are a joke, the equipment is used until failure then replaced with another piece of junk. Our benefits continue to dwindle and morale is at an all time low. This is what our millions of dollars of give backs have gotten us.
Very well stated..

If management would just do the job at hand and quit dreaming up new BS a lot of YRC's problems would take care of themselves‼️

They are trying to break the union. I'm the only one from our YRC terminal that attends union meetings, its like everyone else from this terminal has given up and don't care, they all cry crocodile tears but don't have the guts to stand up for anything. The majority of the members at our union meetings are from Holland who show a sense of unity unmatched by my YRC terminal.

I deserve that, I've been here too long. Its become too easy to find fault with everything, including myself. Longer isn't better in all cases.

They are trying to break the union. I'm the only one from our YRC terminal that attends union meetings, its like everyone else from this terminal has given up and don't care, they all cry crocodile tears but don't have the guts to stand up for anything. The majority of the members at our union meetings are from Holland who show a sense of unity unmatched by my YRC terminal.

:6788:

Like I said in an earlier post on this thread, find the laughs at your terminal. There's way too much funny stuff that goes on daily.
If our small place has this many jokers, there's got to be a few in every barn.
It's a freak show.
Better then reality TV
Just remember, laugh in their faces. They can't take your spirit.

It was another week of nonexistent Accelerated Freight. I seen one bill of Accelerate Freight come in of the road for delivery and that's it. I don't believe we picked up any Accelerated Freight all week. Our terminal sits in the very southeast corner of Kansas and there is 3 YRC terminals in 3 states less then 2 hours from us. It would be interesting to know how well these terminals, that are so close are doing with their Accelerated Freight service. Hopefully much better then us.

It was week of nonexistent Accelerated Freight. I seen one bill of Accelerate Freight come in of the road for delivery and that's it. I don't believe we picked up any Accelerated Freight all week. Our terminal sits in the very southeast corner of Kansas and there is 3 YRC terminals in 3 states less then 2 hours from us. It would be interesting to know how well these terminals, that are so close are doing with their Accelerated Freight service. Hopefully much better then us.
Baxter spgs would prolly get more freight I you all wouldn't complain on these boards...lol
lol

Personally... We get alot.. But the bad thing is they should treat all freight like accelerated. They would have so much freight if they would just deliver it now. Not let a trailer sit for two days to get one more skid on. Can you imagine how happy customers would be getting their Frt in a timely manner on a regular basis?
Wake up yrc... Customers don't care about numbers. They simple want their Frt.
Not complaining just explaining.

It was another week of nonexistent Accelerated Freight. I seen one bill of Accelerate Freight come in of the road for delivery and that's it. I don't believe we picked up any Accelerated Freight all week. Our terminal sits in the very southeast corner of Kansas and there is 3 YRC terminals in 3 states less then 2 hours from us. It would be interesting to know how well these terminals, that are so close are doing with their Accelerated Freight service. Hopefully much better then us.

Your point of view is shaped by what your local economy produces for shipment outside your service area. I think you would be surprised what gets shipped between the two coasts, and the gulf states that probably isn't seen much in the interior. I pickup large amounts of what our area produces for the rest of the world, and I cannot remember the last time I picked up anything destined for Kansas. I am seeing a fair amount of Accelerated freight and I expect to see more in the future.

From reading the threads it looks like location is a big factor in the growth of the Accelerated Service. Good luck to the
terminals that are experiencing more freight and new customers due to the Accelerated Service. It feels like our management is just happy getting by. All they want is just enough freight that they can get their numbers and keep their jobs, growth would be more work for them and they don't want that. I also agree with mysticobra all freight should be treated like it's Accelerated Service.