Holland | Another Change of operations

Cruzer

TB Lurker
Credits
Usf Holland is applying for another change to put more utility drivers to work.
There will be a total of 88 new utility jobs posted.
USF Holland will establish (5) next day sort centers as follows:
Cincinnati,OH
Toledo,OH
South Bend,IN
Indianapolis,IN
Joliet,ILL

The new utility drivers will be (added) coming from (18) different terminals, There will be no losing domicile's, just additions to the present ones!

Chicago and Bensenville will show the largest gain with (9) apiece,followed with Ft Wayne at (8) and Buffalo will have the lowest with (1)

The company would like to have this implemented by Sept. 2, 2008

Looks like more disappearing road jobs,
Cruzer

When the national contract came out alot of us said road bids will be lost, but union reps lied to us saying they wouldnt. I told everyone to watch it on this issue it had ccx style written all over it and now look it and you know were stuck with this because once you give something in a contract you rarely get it out. I can see this company being nothing but Utility drivers and $14 hr casuals in the very near future. Thanks Jimmy you made your dad proud where ever he is.

Usf Holland is applying for another change to put more utility drivers to work.
There will be a total of 88 new utility jobs posted.
USF Holland will establish (5) next day sort centers as follows:
Cincinnati,OH
Toledo,OH
South Bend,IN
Indianapolis,IN
Joliet,ILL

The new utility drivers will be (added) coming from (18) different terminals, There will be no losing domicile's, just additions to the present ones!

Chicago and Bensenville will show the largest gain with (9) apiece,followed with Ft Wayne at (8) and Buffalo will have the lowest with (1)

The company would like to have this implemented by Sept. 2, 2008

Looks like more disappearing road jobs,
Cruzer
The company does NOT need a coo to add ue postions!!! they can add as many as they want anywhere they want, it just has to go before a review commitee. as per contract

Speaking of the change of operation for utility,they have also file for a change of operation to put road drivers in Owattona ,Minnesota that will be heard in Nashville July 29-30 2008. Had a meeting with WALDO, I asked why do you need this because after you get the change,more sooner than later you will deplete the road for utility anyway, as normal he had no response. I think if anyone is thinking about looking for a move, it a short living thinking in Owattona because they all ready have a utility person in place.

The company does NOT need a coo to add ue postions!!! they can add as many as they want anywhere they want, it just has to go before a review commitee. as per contract
Any where the change was not set for or implemented the first time like your South Bend or Indy this has go to change committee so each party has his argument, any domocile that was under under the first change operation already has its set forth so they can adjust the utility board up or down without any recourse. The problem I will tell everyone is there is no watch dog over seeing the sh*t that goes on these docks at night, my suggestion is they need a utility shop steward for utilty dock workers or send the BA down and over see it for a night

good luck our BA doesnt come around in the day time. do you really think hell come at night.our BA comes right by our barn every day on his way to the hall and has yet to stop in.unless there is a pre arranged meeting.

To add UE drivers to a barn that already has them you are correct. To implement them into a barn that has none and is not a velocity sort terminal you are inncorrect. The company would not apply for the COO if it was not neccessary . :hide:
We will have a change meeting in september the same as the others had in TX.

Another COO

JO has a (1) UE and is not a velocity center.Can`t wait for this change,the s**t will really hit the fan!!!

To add UE drivers to a barn that already has them you are correct. To implement them into a barn that has none and is not a velocity sort terminal you are inncorrect. The company would not apply for the COO if it was not neccessary . :hide:
We will have a change meeting in september the same as the others had in TX.

this straight from the contract (page9 of the insert with the ballot) "the parties recognize that most, if not all locations will have utility employees regardless of facility size,geographic and/or service area. Subject to the approval of the national utility employee review committee or the committee chairman or their designees. The Employer may establish and modify utility Employee positions and bids without the approval of a change of operations or other union approval." I didn't wright it I just read it, so if I'm wrong I guess I don't understand what I read. :hide:

I'll be glad to post the proposed COO Monday and I'll be sure and tell the company they don't need to do this . They must have missed the memo or the committee just want to get in another round of golf at a resort somewhere. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Oh by the way the COO is now hanging in DET,GR, SB,FW and a few others with over 80 UE men being added to IN,BU,JO,CH and a host of others.Kind of strange that the number of new UE kind of matches the number of linehaul layed off lately.But we all know that the UE men won't affect linehaul any.

I'll be glad to post the proposed COO Monday and I'll be sure and tell the company they don't need to do this . They must have missed the memo or the committee just want to get in another round of golf at a resort somewhere. :hysterical:

WELL DID I READ THE CONTRACT WRONG?:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Did you really believe those flyers that were sent with the contract proposal ?? Like the ones that told what frt the UE men would or would not handle. Was told by a regional man from the whitehouse friday that the UE drivers would do whatever the company told them to do.I asked about the ones down south that are hauling relay LTL loads from CN to SP and others and was told this is the way it's gonna be.This has already been filed on but I don't see anything changing and linehaul jobs at .55 cents a mile being replaced by hourly local cartage men. Call me a gloom and doom person but I think I hear the fat lady warming up and I pray that I'm wrong and all the time I've put into this union hasn't been a waste of time for the junior men that are to follow. :smilie_132: :smilie_132:

Did you really believe those flyers that were sent with the contract proposal ?? Like the ones that told what frt the UE men would or would not handle. Was told by a regional man from the whitehouse friday that the UE drivers would do whatever the company told them to do.I asked about the ones down south that are hauling relay LTL loads from CN to SP and others and was told this is the way it's gonna be.This has already been filed on but I don't see anything changing and linehaul jobs at .55 cents a mile being replaced by hourly local cartage men. Call me a gloom and doom person but I think I hear the fat lady warming up and I pray that I'm wrong and all the time I've put into this union hasn't been a waste of time for the junior men that are to follow. :smilie_132: :smilie_132:
I'm not talking about a "flyer" I'm talking about the contract that was sent with your ballot. YOU probably threw yours away without reading it before you voted no. I did not read this on the ********* or any where else on the internet so what i've read is probably not true

Just my two cents, the UNION leadership can and will do what ever they want, when ever they want. We as members can choose to vote for new leadership in the future, if we decide to. The main point is that sometimes we see what is happening and we are unable to stop it. I just hope things work out for all of us, time will tell. Keep in mind that even though the contract is in black and white, the company, the UNION and all its members don't always totally agree with what it says. We don't know everything that is going on, you know "The Big Picture", we probably never will. If you trust the UNION to represent you then you're fine, if you don't trust the UNION then you're in trouble. The choice is yours?

Just my two cents, the UNION leadership can and will do what ever they want, when ever they want. We as members can choose to vote for new leadership in the future, if we decide to. The main point is that sometimes we see what is happening and we are unable to stop it. I just hope things work out for all of us, time will tell. Keep in mind that even though the contract is in black and white, the company, the UNION and all its members don't always totally agree with what it says. We don't know everything that is going on, you know "The Big Picture", we probably never will. If you trust the UNION to represent you then you're fine, if you don't trust the UNION then you're in trouble. The choice is yours?

I trust the union leadership just fine. After reading the contract that came with my ballot and the leadership endorsing it I voted YES

I trust the union leadership just fine. After reading the contract that came with my ballot and the leadership endorsing it I voted YES

I do too, I pay them very well every month. When I feel that they aren't working toward my best interest I'll attempt to fire them. My post wasn't directed toward you or anyone else. Just my opinion about the contract.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter what the contract says or what someone thinks it means, in the end the leadership will tell you what the words mean and what can or can't be done. I assume that you have been around the UNION for a while. As anybody thats been around for a while knows sometimes things don't go as you would think they should. But then again, sometimes they do. I have a few more years left and hope things work out for everyone for a long time to come. :1036316054:

I do too, I pay them very well every month. When I feel that they aren't working toward my best interest I'll attempt to fire them. My post wasn't directed toward you or anyone else. Just my opinion about the contract.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter what the contract says or what someone thinks it means, in the end the leadership will tell you what the words mean and what can or can't be done. I assume that you have been around the UNION for a while. As anybody thats been around for a while knows sometimes things don't go as you would think they should. But then again, sometimes they do. I have a few more years left and hope things work out for everyone for a long time to come. :1036316054:
And now my question is do you think they are working towards your best interest? And if you say that you think that they are, you would be in the low majority. The only thing that I can recommend for the union leadership in the future is to start looking for another job!

And now my question is do you think they are working towards your best interest?

Yes, I do. If I find out that they aren't, I'll vote for someone else. I've been wrong before. I don't understand whats going on and if we've been sold out like some people say, then yes I'll help get rid of the current leaders. Maybe they didn't have any other choice? My opinion is that we should have got more than we did. Its no great secret that I was very much against this contract. Several people on this site and myself "discussed" our opinions very openly before we voted both for and against the contract. I didn't think there was enough language to protect us with all of the changes being put in. I think I was right, time will tell. You can go back and read them, they're still there.

And if you say that you think that they are, you would be in the low majority.
You may be correct, thats yours and I'm sure some other peoples opinion. I and many others were sure that there was no way the contract should pass either. We thought we were the majority too. But, as almost always it did pass on the first vote. We were the minority after all.

The only thing that I can recommend for the union leadership in the future is to start looking for another job!
I've heard it before. It surprising how fast people will forget what happened in the past. If we've been sold out I hope nobody forgets.

We're all on the same side and whatever happens to one of us happens to all of us, as the old saying goes. I truly hope things are worked out for all of us.