Holland | Another Change of operations

Let me explain this to a hayseed. What you recieved with your ballot WAS contract proposals. The proposals are not what you heard on the cb radio or in the lobby or drivers room. When the vote is a yes vote the proposals become your contract. It says at the top of the insert NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT. The new contract books take a few months to get printed so you have your old book and the new language in the insert. When the new books become available go pick one up at your local. Better yet call your local (somone will have the number) have your BA deliver one to you at your place of employment, after all he just plays golf and drinks all day. That way you can keep your record of never being at the hall intact.:smilie_132:
Hate to tell you this but the old contract book was never issued to us either. As for what I hear on the cb, it has as much truth to it as what our B. A. was feeding us at the proposal meeting!

Contract book

Hate to tell you this but the old contract book was never issued to us either. As for what I hear on the cb, it has as much truth to it as what our B. A. was feeding us at the proposal meeting!

Hi hayseed, I don't understand how you can go without having a contract book for 5yrs.. Please do your self a favor and keep on requesting the new one, don't depend on Union Stewards or BAs or the BS in the break room
to get your info, most of all the BS in the break room.

Good Luck.

God Bless America:USA:

Lumpersam

Just wondering, by hayseed do you mean someone from a rural area? I don't think someone from "the country" is nessesarily stupid or unlearned. I live in a rural area and while I'm not the brightest indevidual on the planet I'm definately not stupid. You probably should have just called him stupid.

Hi hayseed, I don't understand how you can go without having a contract book for 5yrs.. Please do your self a favor and keep on requesting the new one, don't depend on Union Stewards or BAs or the BS in the break room

Good Luck.

Lumpersam
Just wondering, by hayseed do you mean someone from a rural area? Just because someone is from "the country" doesn't nessesarily mean they are dumb. I live in a rural area and while I may not be the brightest human on the planet, I'm definately not an idiot. You probably should have just called him stupid.:smilie_132:

Glad you got a copy of the nmfa contract! I'm still waiting for mine. The contract proposal I voted no on was a proposal not a contract and I have not received an actual contract book to date. No telling what the actual contract say's!:nutkick:

Good Luck.

Lumpersam

Just wondering, by hayseed do you mean someone from a rural area? Just because someone is from "the country" doesn't nessesarily mean they are dumb. I live in a rural area and while I may not be the brightest human on the planet, I'm definately not an idiot. You probably should have just called him stupid.:smilie_132:

Wolf, what are you talking about? Lump said "Hi hayseed" nothing else, that's his TB screen name. Lumpersam wouldn't call him stupid because of rule 2.

Maybe hayseed hasn't been at Holland very long? Our local ran out of contract books 1.5-2 years after it took affect and said they couldn't get any more. Maybe that's what happened?

Wolf, what are you talking about? Lump said "Hi hayseed" nothing else, that's his TB screen name. Lumpersam wouldn't call him stupid because of rule 2.

Maybe hayseed hasn't been at Holland very long? Our local ran out of contract books 1.5-2 years after it took affect and said they couldn't get any more. Maybe that's what happened?
I saw that. I was only trying (in vain) to be a little bit humorous. I also agree with what he was saying to hayseed.:smilie_132:

I saw that. I was only trying (in vain) to be a little bit humorous. I also agree with what he was saying to hayseed.:smilie_132:

My mistake Wolf, I took it as more of the same old negative personal attack posting that some others have done in the last several weeks. We have to have some order here but humor is always a welcome change with everything going on around all of us. Just bad timing I guess and I have my radar set on max right now too.

Shoe, you ain't right either, lol.

Thanks guys, I hope you started something. Like all of us getting along, within reason, and becoming like we used to be before everything with bad around us.

Benny :smilie_132:

Come on...everybody knew all along that once the contract was ratified the Utility Driver concept was going to spread like wildfire. YRC thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

My question...one person in this thread said this change is all new jobs. Another person said there are gaining and losing terminals. Can't be both...what gives.

Another question. Someone said this company will end up having part time casuals only on docks. Don't these $14 jobs build supplemental days so eventually a new position is created on the board? That has always been there to protect against companies abusing casual work.

It`s is supposed to be "dock only" casuals. But i`m sure there is another of the infamous "gray areas"that they can do what ever they want.My concern is the quality of employee you get for $14 with really no benefits.Safety concerns with hazmat a major concern for me.

Come on...everybody knew all along that once the contract was ratified the Utility Driver concept was going to spread like wildfire. YRC thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

My question...one person in this thread said this change is all new jobs. Another person said there are gaining and losing terminals. Can't be both...what gives.

Another question. Someone said this company will end up having part time casuals only on docks. Don't these $14 jobs build supplemental days so eventually a new position is created on the board? That has always been there to protect against companies abusing casual work.

Article 3 section 7(b)(10) "For the purpose of adding regular employees in accordance w/ the supplemental agreement casuals who work 6 hours or more or back to back on a shift shall be considered as having worked a supplemental day toward seniority......"
The company can abuse the 4 hour casual, these people cannot build any senority. However, the $14 hour casual is eligible for pension and/or health welfare contributions in accordance w/ the applicable supplement.
In other words the Company got what they wanted, workers they do not have to hire. The Union got what they wanted, health and welfare and pension money and Union Dues. And as usual the, working man gets sc**wed.
The Utility driver jobs are not new jobs. The company has had a major layoff of Road Drivers and replaced some of them with the Utility Driver (mostly city employees that are now doing road work by the hour).
To put this in perspective, the company and the union negotiated a contract that was beneficial to each organization. The Union employee gets sc**wed again. The Union allowed a percentage of the Road Drivers to be sacrificed to get what they wanted (more pension and dues money). Our leadership (if you can call it that) is allowing the non-union carriers to set the standards for the LTL industry. When is the last time a trucking company was organized and put into our pension fund? Where is the unity? We have brothers on layoff and there are still several Drivers working harder than ever because they have NO Honor. Where has the Pride and Honor gone? I guess to the new boat, truck, house, and anything else we cannot live without. When all of the Teamster Trucking jobs are gone then maybe there will an awaking. If there are any jobs left, will they be any better than a non-union job? I am disappointed with this whole process. This is not what being a Teamster means to me. :smilie_132:

I thought that the 4 hour casuals got benefits. While there is some question regarding the type of worker one gets in these cases, at least they will be a better worker than if there were no benefits at all.

Didn't some of the road drivers that were laid off take the new Utility positions?

The only positive for the folks on this thread (Midwestern according to the locations) is the fact that any money you can get that flows into Central States Pension Fund will help you. That fund is a mess and needs every dollar they can get. It isn't in the Red Zone for nothing.

I know we all see the same thing everywhere, brotherhood is mostly dead. Not completely, but almost. We all see the locals volunteering for overtime, even when brothers are laid off. People don't remember we are truck drivers. Too many love living in the big "Yuppy" neighborhoods and the big houses and payments to go along with that. They think their kids will enjoy living in a big house rather than spending time with dad. So sad that work all that overtime at a union brothers expense only to have their kids be the big losers after all. Is it hard to balance yourselfs while walking on junior men in hard times? Wake up and realize who got us here "brothers". Sad.

Shalom ******!

I know we all see the same thing everywhere, brotherhood is mostly dead. Not completely, but almost. We all see the locals volunteering for overtime, even when brothers are laid off. People don't remember we are truck drivers. Too many love living in the big "Yuppy" neighborhoods and the big houses and payments to go along with that. They think their kids will enjoy living in a big house rather than spending time with dad. So sad that work all that overtime at a union brothers expense only to have their kids be the big losers after all. Is it hard to balance yourselfs while walking on junior men in hard times? Wake up and realize who got us here "brothers". Sad.

Shalom Beotch!

It is a shame and its called solidarity for sale! "Mokita"

[list type=decimal]
[*]YouTube - Relient K - Maintain Consciousness
[*]Mokita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[*]Solidarity for Sale: How Corruption ... - Google Book Search
[/LIST]

9781891620720.jpeg

Per the JO contract (actually letter of understanding) regarding replacement/supplemental employees (of which the 4hr casual is included, as a supplemental). "the employer shall not pay Health and Welfare contributions on replacement and/or supplemental employees". They get NO benefits here, just pay union dues:nutkick:

Per the JO contract (actually letter of understanding) regarding replacement/supplemental employees (of which the 4hr casual is included, as a supplemental). "the employer shall not pay Health and Welfare contributions on replacement and/or supplemental employees". They get NO benefits here, just pay union dues:nutkick:

They have to pay a $200- initiation fee and the company has to contribute pension benefits, what a deal!! At least they will be adding to our pension fund.

GBA:USA:

we sent walt l a protest letter about the change of ops for ue at 486, im sure it wont matter but he needs to lift the smokescreen on these positions. they are supposed to be new business only remember? yeah thats old jackie p for sure, the brains of ccx.