Holland | Another Change of operations

Me, I don't trust anyone, not the Union, not the Co.and not the lower echelon so called Union reps or lower echelon so called supervisors, and most of all I have no trust for the many self appointed so called unionists spouting their superficial union rhetoric.

I have been around a long time and one thing I know is the majority rules regardless about how you feel about about the contract, for sure, in these uncertain times there is no better game in town, but if you find one let me know.

God Bless America,

Lumpersam. (One man's opinion is all )

good luck our BA doesnt come around in the day time. do you really think hell come at night.our BA comes right by our barn every day on his way to the hall and has yet to stop in.unless there is a pre arranged meeting.
That is normal for them to do this drive but only problem is you can drive to the nearest watering hole and find them all sucking on the same bottle, You will find them when they know there *** in a jam with the membership,or election time!

WELL DID I READ THE CONTRACT WRONG?:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Glad you got a copy of the nmfa contract! I'm still waiting for mine. The contract proposal I voted no on was a proposal not a contract and I have not received an actual contract book to date. No telling what the actual contract say's!:nutkick:

How can I trust my local union leadership? At our local meeting just before voting on the contract, one of our officials stood up in front of the whole room full of members and said "Holland drivers do not have to be concerned with the Utility Employee at all, Holland will not be using them because their linehaul drivers allready kick and pick." That was not being honest at all. Blindly trusting someone just because they are in an official position is really not always the best thing to do.

ahh..... I heard that there will be no more layoffs or road bids canceled ... a good :nutkick: is what happened a couple of weeks later :hysterical:
our leaders at work for us ... they get paid for this too ... from us .. :duh:

ahh..... I heard that there will be no more layoffs or road bids canceled ... A good :nutkick: Is what happened a couple of weeks later :hysterical:
Our leaders at work for us ... They get paid for this too ... From us .. :duh:

may i suggest you get a slate together and run next election?

How can I trust my local union leadership? At our local meeting just before voting on the contract, one of our officials stood up in front of the whole room full of members and said "Holland drivers do not have to be concerned with the Utility Employee at all, Holland will not be using them because their linehaul drivers allready kick and pick." That was not being honest at all. Blindly trusting someone just because they are in an official position is really not always the best thing to do.

Here here... :shades:
[list type=decimal]
[*]YouTube - Barenaked ladies - if i had a million dollars live
[*]http://tdu.org/files/final.pdf
[/LIST]

JO has a (1) UE and is not a velocity center.Can`t wait for this change,the s**t will really hit the fan!!!
Unfortunately, the company does whatever it wants, and the union (or at least our local) stands by, and does nothing. I can see alot of people bit**ing and moaning, and ultimately nothing changes: the company gets it's way, as usual.

Our local is known as nealsters 179 as in neal l. (companys labor man) dictates to them how everything will be and interpreted.

Gray areas

Our local is known as nealsters 179 as in neal l. (companys labor man) dictates to them how everything will be and interpreted.

Wasn't that last meeting b/4 the approval of the contract supposed to clarify the gray areas??, :Poke: looks to me like you still can't see the "forest" because of the"LONDON FOG" .:hysterical: But some people find it easier to blame everybody else for their inability to understand the written word.

Just bend over and take it like a man.:eck13:

God Bless America :USA:

Regards,

Lumper ( I LOVE my job ) sam

I'll be glad to post the proposed COO Monday and I'll be sure and tell the company they don't need to do this . They must have missed the memo or the committee just want to get in another round of golf at a resort somewhere. :hysterical: :hysterical:

what monday?

Glad you got a copy of the nmfa contract! I'm still waiting for mine. The contract proposal I voted no on was a proposal not a contract and I have not received an actual contract book to date. No telling what the actual contract say's!:nutkick:

Let me explain this to a hayseed. What you recieved with your ballot WAS contract proposals. The proposals are not what you heard on the cb radio or in the lobby or drivers room. When the vote is a yes vote the proposals become your contract. It says at the top of the insert NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT. The new contract books take a few months to get printed so you have your old book and the new language in the insert. When the new books become available go pick one up at your local. Better yet call your local (somone will have the number) have your BA deliver one to you at your place of employment, after all he just plays golf and drinks all day. That way you can keep your record of never being at the hall intact.:smilie_132:

Coo

The company does NOT need a coo to add ue postions!!! they can add as many as they want anywhere they want, it just has to go before a review commitee. as per contract

This monday is just fine with me.

GENERAL OPERATING STATEMENT

In the area of the country that Holland operates, the Company has established itself as a viable and serious competitor for business in the same day, next day and three day markets.

This proposed "Utility Employee Change of Operations" will alow USF Holland to maintain and improve its high level of service performance and competive service offerings.

(It goes on to say) This Change of Operations will be primarily comprised of the following segments.

USF Holland proposes,in this specific Change of Operations to have those "Utility Employees" described above, run schedules primarily to its Next Day Sort Centers as described below.

(It also goes on to describe which terminals are sort centers etc and the losing and gaining terminals of which I am not attempting to type out with my hunt and peck typing ability.)

This COO was mailed out to :Locals 7, 100, 135,164,364,377,406,413and 414.
Now I will get down off of my soap box and if anyone dosen't belong to any of the before mentioned locals I woul be open to faxing a copy to them if they PM me with the info needed.

dgfcby take it easy on this old man now because of my advanced age I have to come home and get a little sleep before returning to work tonight.

To those from In , the change will be posted tomorrow morning in the breakroom.
:smilie_132::smilie_132:

Coo

Oh by the way , my BA told me he would bring over another copy of the change tomorrow . This is probably cause I might not be able to find the union hall LOL. Just kidding but I couldn't resist. :smilie_132:

Oh by the way , my BA told me he would bring over another copy of the change tomorrow . This is probably cause I might not be able to find the union hall LOL. Just kidding but I couldn't resist. :smilie_132:

I will be interested in seeing it. Noone knew anything about it tonight.
But there was a bunch going on. Evidently The local didn't let the TM have his way with the 4hour casuals (he wanted to use them at any time of the day he wanted for one thing) and I guess he was on the warpath. Two guys fired (attendance?)and at least 15 letters for various paperwork things.

ahh..... I heard that there will be no more layoffs or road bids canceled ... a good :nutkick: is what happened a couple of weeks later :hysterical:
our leaders at work for us ... they get paid for this too ... from us .. :duh:

Apparently we do not pay enough as much as the Company. Bad representation is worse than no representation.