TForce | Backing trailer with Dolly, WHY?

Just think, I pull Triples and do a minihub 11.5 hours a day. I put in 7-8 hours on dock a week and 11 hours of drops and hooks in a week, yes, 11! I hook triples,drive 4 hours break down set, put minihub to dock, hook trips back up,drive 4 hours and break trips down and put all to dock, all in a days work Boys, Have never lost a trailer,damage a dolly or trailer or had a chargable, 2 million safe driving under my belt 24+ and yes, I Started this DAMN thread. Have a nice day.

Just think, I pull Triples and do a minihub 11.5 hours a day. I put in 7-8 hours on dock a week and 11 hours of drops and hooks in a week, yes, 11! I hook triples,drive 4 hours break down set, put minihub to dock, hook trips back up,drive 4 hours and break trips down and put all to dock, all in a days work Boys, Have never lost a trailer,damage a dolly or trailer or had a chargable, 2 million safe driving under my belt 24+ and yes, I Started this DAMN thread. Have a nice day.

Ya, So, Whats your point?

Congrats to you Nitetrain, you've obviously paid your dues and know your job. Keep up the good work, not much longer to go.....:1036316054:

Yeah, what Big R said, were all mighty proud of ya.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Backing a dolly ( jif ) at Roadway ( where I work, 859 ) started up big time when we first started getting the leased Volvo orange and blue linehaul tractors with power steering. Before this none of our tractors, linehaul or city had power steering.
Now all the tractors have power steering.
The latest improvement I like are the new blue linehaul tractors that you can release the fifthwheel by pressing a switch from inside the tractor.

I do all that you do and I tear up as much styte as I can.....Because it is fun and I get bored.....Is that immaturity or what?????? That is all and have a nice day.....

Backing a dolly ( jif ) at Roadway ( where I work, 859 ) started up big time when we first started getting the leased Volvo orange and blue linehaul tractors with power steering. Before this none of our tractors, linehaul or city had power steering.
Now all the tractors have power steering.
The latest improvement I like are the new blue linehaul tractors that you can release the fifthwheel by pressing a switch from inside the tractor.

My buddy at reddaway has got one those new INT that have that.....But you still have to unhook the airlines......I don't want to get out at all.....I can not get fat and sassy if I have to get out and do something....If I had one of those fifth wheels I would just pull away and wait for the smack against the back of the cab to know it is all unhooked.....After I tear up the trailer and the gear from backing them up....That way it is all uniform and fits the circus look going down the road........

Come on now greezy trucker,you being your terminals safety trainer.
You know better you have to set a good example for all of your co-workers in your work habits.

Now I'm really not scolding you with the attitude you've posted.
I'm just reminding you,as one safety trainer to another.

Be safe in whatever you do.
If in your judgement you don't think you can do something safe.
Don't do it at all.
If you go beyond your own judgement,and something goes wrong all the blame goes to you!

Again I'm not slamming you,just trying to offer you some friendly advice.

My buddy at reddaway has got one those new INT that have that.....But you still have to unhook the airlines......I don't want to get out at all.....I can not get fat and sassy if I have to get out and do something....If I had one of those fifth wheels I would just pull away and wait for the smack against the back of the cab to know it is all unhooked.....After I tear up the trailer and the gear from backing them up....That way it is all uniform and fits the circus look going down the road........

do they have a switch for lowering landing gear? I know they get kinda hard to turn with 40 pounds of ice on them and the temps at 10 below zero. I hate to get sweaty anytime, especially in the winter.

Come on now greezy trucker,you being your terminals safety trainer.
You know better you have to set a good example for all of your co-workers in your work habits.

Now I'm really not scolding you with the attitude you've posted.
I'm just reminding you,as one safety trainer to another.

Be safe in whatever you do.
If in your judgement you don't think you can do something safe.
Don't do it at all.
If you go beyond your own judgement,and something goes wrong all the blame goes to you!

Again I'm not slamming you,just trying to offer you some friendly advice.

Well APO once again you miss the sarcastic humor.....If any of that were true I would never admit to be anything other than a trucker from another mother.....Besides I wouldn't want my fellow drivers to feel like they had a standard to live up to (sarcasm)..... All in good fun....Maybe some one from my terminal will post on here and let the truth be known of what an a-hole I truly am......

Come on I know full well that 90% of all truckers posts are scarcastic.
Thats just the nature of all of us drivers with the people we have to deal with all of the time.

Once in a while I even admit to my customers that I'm very well versed in the fine art of sarcasum.
If any type of people in this world can make sarcasum an art form it us truckers!
Can I have a great big 10-4 on these remarks!

Fleet mgr should look into this, but probably won't pull the trigger because it makes too much sense:

i think it takes about the same time to move the dolly separately vs. backing with lead trailer. Maybe less work, but takes roughly the same time.

Fleet mgr should look into this, but probably won't pull the trigger because it makes too much sense:

i think it takes about the same time to move the dolly separately vs. backing with lead trailer. Maybe less work, but takes roughly the same time.

Batesville casket company has a similar type of system... they use 2 cables on either side to keep the dollies straight when backing.

Driver got out of truck once to hook dolly, then a second time to secure bars. Not much time or effort savings IMO. As far as I'm concerned hook how you want to hook. Just stay out of the way when practicing super trucker moves you can't hit on the first or second try.

Kid, you sound like a B S artist to me, BillyLo is the only one that could possibly come close to that feat!

HAHA. been retired now for over a year and just saw my old post,,,,ol the good ol days! NOT! was the best decision I ever made... 55 with 34 years.
still have my health, enjoying bicycling and golf now...Just visiting the old thread! you all do whatever makes you feel right, just be safe and stay out from their radar and maybe you too can retire and have a good life! peace out truckers!

Super hero.don't hurt your hand patting yourself on your back....it shouldn't be a feat to be safe...it should be a given to be safe.should be every drivers goal.