ABF | Ballots Sent To Some ABF Teamsters For Strike Vote!

You speak your opinion on here, so I guess I can speak mine. I know all about yrcw, and how they operate. They are the only thing standing in the way of the other companies making stockholders profitable.....

Thank you. You are quite entitled to your opinion. Just don't twist mine by selective editing.

I'd say that you are incorrectly assigning blame to the rank and file. Yep, contract sucks, yep is better than many out there but there are better jobs to be had as well, company is doing better than they tell. I know it but you obviously do not.

ABFer, that's pretty arrogant of you. I don't know where you live but there's nothing better where I live. The threats from the company might not be true but I can't afford them to be right. I've been a teamster since 1991, always wanting to be a teamster. But I had a 18 month stint with Conway in between roadway and Abf . Let me tell you it was an eye opening experience. Don't forget we have it better than those that want us gone.

There will not be a strike, but thanks to the central region we got 3 more months under the old contract. Time to lick our wounds and move on.

You speak your opinion on here, so I guess I can speak mine. I know all about yrcw, and how they operate. They are the only thing standing in the way of the other companies making stockholders profitable.....
Touche`
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

ABFer, that's pretty arrogant of you. I don't know where you live but there's nothing better where I live. The threats from the company might not be true but I can't afford them to be right. I've been a teamster since 1991, always wanting to be a teamster. But I had a 18 month stint with Conway in between roadway and Abf . Let me tell you it was an eye opening experience. Don't forget we have it better than those that want us gone.
It would hard to get more wishy washy than you are here.

I had the very same experience Cap, started at big R, did 9 months at Conway and I can't tell you how glad I was when I got recalled to YRC. Even with all the mess going on there it was good to be back. After trying to have a job there for 8 years they finely got me on this last coo and they shut my terminal down. Put in my app at ABF and got hired 3 weeks after they shut down my barn and I would really like to finish my career here. That's why I was a little overwhelmed about this strike vote. I was like man I just got here and my family was very relieved that I got on. I guess I'm being a little selfish for wanting to provide for my family at a union company when I said I couldn't believe they would strike for a weeks vacation. My family has been through a lot over the past 8 years trying to keep a union job as I know countless others have been as well. I guess I'm a little weary of it all and don't have much fight left in me. The Lord's will be done, I know he will provide either way. I really am proud to be called an ABF Teamster. :kicking:

In a miniscule way I can understand what you are saying. However, I have seen ABF's poker game several times now and you want to call me arrogant because I learned from watching it all go down? Many of us know it's gutless cowards who got this piece of garbage passed. Quivering in the corner for whatever scraps the man (or woman as the case may be) will divvy up for you. As you find me arrogant I find your approach sickening.

In a miniscule way I can understand what you are saying. However, I have seen ABF's poker game several times now and you want to call me arrogant because I learned from watching it all go down? Many of us know it's gutless cowards who got this piece of garbage passed. Quivering in the corner for whatever scraps the man (or woman as the case may be) will divvy up for you. As you find me arrogant I find your approach sickening.
I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Good luck to all of us. :shrug:

These guys need a conway experience in order to understand what we're talking about. They have no clue what kind of monster is on the
Other side of the fence

You will be finding out soon, once this contract is passed, Conway will be slashing yours, they won't be stopping with just your salary, and benefits, they will go as far as it takes, just to be able to lower their own rates... Don't you know whatever happens with a union company also affects every non union company... Hold on it won't take it to long to reach in your pocketbook!!! You are still a troll, and you have never made any contribution to the ABF Forum...

You will be finding out soon, once this contract is passed, Conway will be slashing yours, they won't be stopping with just your salary, and benefits, they will go as far as it takes, just to be able to lower their own rates... Don't you know whatever happens with a union company also affects every non union company... Hold on it won't take it to long to reach in your pocketbook!!! You are still a troll, and you have never made any contribution to the ABF Forum...
Your an idiot. Do you realize how small this company is compared to conway? Abf freight could be absorbed throughout the market without other carriers blinking. Secondly, yrc is the big union dog anyway. If I'm not mistaken, conway drivers hourly wages are higher than yrc. So don't tell me the union carriers set the bar for ilthe industry. Yrc is the reason we are losin 7%•• but hey, my brothers voted on it and respect the outcome. I want abf to survive. I'm learning that my brotherhood are looking out for themselves rather than the whole group

Your an idiot. Do you realize how small this company is compared to conway? Abf freight could be absorbed throughout the market without other carriers blinking. Secondly, yrc is the big union dog anyway. If I'm not mistaken, conway drivers hourly wages are higher than yrc. So don't tell me the union carriers set the bar for ilthe industry. Yrc is the reason we are losin 7%•• but hey, my brothers voted on it and respect the outcome. I want abf to survive. I'm learning that my brotherhood are looking out for themselves rather than the whole group

You need to learn reading comprehension. he never said ABF he said union company. now put your pea brain in gear before you open your big mouth

You need to learn reading comprehension. he never said ABF he said union company. now put your pea brain in gear before you open your big mouth
i can read now you need to comprehend. We are the minority that it continuously shrinking. We have no stroke in the overall market of other carriers. Do you guys not see how many non carriers pass us everyday down the highway?We have 0 impact on pay scale anywhere. Drivers are working for nickels with no benefits. If we sink this ship, like all the others that were killed, we too will be rubbing two nickels together.

I do I see 10 OD to ABF's 1 truck across I-80. I also see anybody and everybody pulling FedEx,Estes and R&L trailers. We have the best job in LTL and perhaps all of trucking. I don't want to lose it. Do some research on Performance Transportation Services they said if we strike in 2008 they would shut the doors. Now look around they kept their word and closed the place down putting 2000 Teamster carhaulers on the street. My point is it can happen.

Making references of Hostess and saying that he never has agreed with supplemental agreements instead of just one large nmfa contract.for one, supplements are just what they are.An extension of the master contract that fits different regional work rules.Plus the supplements add a little checks and balance into the equation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk now Free

Then why work here? Go to yrc & work, this job is not for you....

Then why work here? Go to yrc & work, this job is not for you....
It is for me. There's just a few teamsters out there that hate themselves and hate their very ownf lives that are trying to ruin it for the majority. Just do your history lesson and you'll see the outcome