XPO | Best ltl

Of Course, Mr. Big Linehaul driver. I was referring to City P&D drivers, you know, the ones that actually work for a living, and not sitting for 10-11hrs. a night (Well mostly out West, that is. Oh, by the way, I have driven both back east, and out west, both Linehaul and city, and yes teams, and very little OTR (Not For Me) Now as a city driver (P&D) I have Lost 50lbs.since my Linehaul days, and have kept it off ever since without trying. That's why you guys get paid more, because it is bad for your health and family life, especially running nights, and tired all the time. If I was running Road-Linehaul at the company I work for now, it would be 61.65 cents or so a mile, and I believe a penny or 2 (cents) extra for triples. I was never a so called Super driver. I drive safe, and always in my comfort zone. I chose to not drive Linehaul anymore because at the time, I was overweight, falling asleep (maybe due to sleep apnea) starting to have trouble seeing at night (getting old) and miss sleeping with the wife at night. Linehaul is a cake job (except in bad weather) and well deserved, but the city to me is a workout, and way underpaid for all the bull we put up with customers etc. But it's for me until I retire. And yes, I get paid overtime after 8 and 40, would not get ***** from a company that does not pay it, or take a pay cut, ever. Be Safe out there Mr. "I get paid by the Mile"

Of Course, Mr. Big Linehaul driver. I was referring to City P&D drivers, you know, the ones that actually work for a living, and not sitting for 10-11hrs. a night (Well mostly out West, that is. Oh, by the way, I have driven both back east, and out west, both Linehaul and city, and yes teams, and very little OTR (Not For Me) Now as a city driver (P&D) I have Lost 50lbs.since my Linehaul days, and have kept it off ever since without trying. That's why you guys get paid more, because it is bad for your health and family life, especially running nights, and tired all the time. If I was running Road-Linehaul at the company I work for now, it would be 61.65 cents or so a mile, and I believe a penny or 2 (cents) extra for triples. I was never a so called Super driver. I drive safe, and always in my comfort zone. I chose to not drive Linehaul anymore because at the time, I was overweight, falling asleep (maybe due to sleep apnea) starting to have trouble seeing at night (getting old) and miss sleeping with the wife at night. Linehaul is a cake job (except in bad weather) and well deserved, but the city to me is a workout, and way underpaid for all the bull we put up with customers etc. But it's for me until I retire. And yes, I get paid overtime after 8 and 40, would not get ***** from a company that does not pay it, or take a pay cut, ever. Be Safe out there Mr. "I get paid by the Mile"

Why don't you switch back to night line-haul? it'd be easier....and more money.

Of Course, Mr. Big Linehaul driver. I was referring to City P&D drivers, you know, the ones that actually work for a living, and not sitting for 10-11hrs. a night. Linehaul is a cake job (except in bad weather)

Well, it's obvious he's not talking about Con-Way linehaul...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

While you're on the subject after I put in 1800 hours this year I can retire with about $4000/month pension. I'll be 56 and will have 25 years in. Could you please help me figure out why I should continue working?

What about the guys with 20-25 years to go? You believe the pension will still be there for them?

Well now, ain't that special... Good for you. I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you because you apparently have a chip on your shoulder and some sort of problem with me and/or my company. Which brings me to another point... Why in the HELL does everyone have such a big problem problem with OD? What makes you all think you are so far superior? I like where I work. Good for me. You like where you work (maybe) so good for you. I've said it before. I'll say it again. I THINK OUR CITY DRIVERS SHOULD GET OT AFTER 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is that emphatic enough for you???? Did I out enough exclamation points behind it??? BUT... Our city drivers show up every day and work for what they are paid, which I believe is around 24-25/hour. And if you ask most of them they wouldn't work anywhere else. You know why? We are respected over here, we are appreciated over here. We aren't lorded over like some would like to believe we are. Why do they do this? Not because they are forced to out of fear of a grievance which leads to derision between management and hourly employees, but because this company gets it. Without the drivers, they have no business and they would rather keep an experienced hand than constantly be replacing good people, or in some companies cases, not be able to hire at all because of no vacation for 2 years, no hope of a pension, low pay and fear of layoff. So... With all this being said, if our city drivers show up every day, do their jobs and are satisfied, who am I to judge what is good for them?

In order that people may be happy in their work, many things are needed,. They must be fit for it , they must not do too much of it, and they must have a sense of success in it and not a doubtful sense, and no need for the testimony of other people for its confirmation. They need a pure sense, or rather knowledge that their work has been done well and with pride and that it really doesn't matter whatever others may say or think.

If you're in central states how confident are you that the pension fund isn't going to go dry before you die? There's the answer to your question...
Not in Central States. Still does not mean that the pension won't get cut later down the road.
How much would your health care be? Is your home paid for and are you debt free for the most part? If you always spend less than you earn and stay debt free. And make simplicity a way of life. Because simple things are best. If you can begin each day with gratitude for your opportunities and blessings. If you can rule your moods with a positive mental attitude. When you have these things in check you are ready to retire no matter what your age is....As log as you have hobbies for your mental health such as hunting....fishing.....golfing....carpentry.....music..... etc....then my friend you are ready to call it quits. Without your physical and mental health you have nothing...I know you understand all this I just feel like sharing what I feel to the younger guys today. I never want to appear condescending and hope it is taken in the context in which it is written.
If I marry I get health insurance with the package. All the rest you have covered is like you know me already.

In order that people may be happy in their work, many things are needed,. They must be fit for it , they must not do too much of it, and they must have a sense of success in it and not a doubtful sense, and no need for the testimony of other people for its confirmation. They need a pure sense, or rather knowledge that their work has been done well and with pride and that it really doesn't matter whatever others may say or think.
If you are working , give the best that is in you, remember that in the final analysis the real satisfactions in life come not from money and things, but from the realization of a job well done. Therein lies the difference between the journeyman worker and a real craftsman........There you go, now I'm done with my rambling.

That's awesome. How 'bout sharing the powerball numbers with me.

Thats why you senior guys suck. You could give a rats ass about the Jr guys. You got your pension, that's all that matters to you.

Union brotherhood is dead.

Thats why you senior guys suck. You could give a rats ass about the Jr guys. You got your pension, that's all that matters to you.

Seems a bit harsh and a bit judgmental but I'm not here to choose sides....I'm here to define brotherhood...So indulge me while I ramble one more time. Brotherhood is to have courage without pugnacity, to have conviction without bigotry, to have charity without condescension, to have faith without credulity, to have love of humanity without mere sentimentality, to have meekness with power and emotion with sanity.....That is brotherhood and I think we all can learn a thing or two about it....Brotherhood, not only for this day but for all our years, a brotherhood not of words but of acts and deeds. Call me an idealist....I'm OK with that.

Seems a bit harsh and a bit judgmental but I'm not here to choose sides....I'm here to define brotherhood...So indulge me while I ramble one more time. Brotherhood is to have courage without pugnacity, to have conviction without bigotry, to have charity without condescension, to have faith without credulity, to have love of humanity without mere sentimentality, to have meekness with power and emotion with sanity.....That is brotherhood and I think we all can learn a thing or two about it....Brotherhood, not only for this day but for all our years, a brotherhood not of words but of acts and deeds. Call me an idealist....I'm OK with that.

To bad that kind of Brotherhood doesn't exist within the Teamsters. Be nice, but doesn't exist.

Go over to the ABF or YRC forum's. And see if one senoir guy is worried about the pension 25 years from now. You won't find any. They're just worried about themselves.

Union brotherhood is a myth.

Oh, I'm so sorry, I forgot, please forgive me. Give me your address and I'll send half of my monthly check to you. I am guessing that's what you're talking about and if I'm wrong I don't have a clue what you're getting at.