Estes | Bid once a year? Yes or No

Ya that's right. I spent several years on the board before and I've been on it this time for 'bout 4 months. No big deal.
I'll sang me another schedule one of these days.

It was nice running 10 and back this week though. I filled in for a day time schedule.
Man the leaves on Sams gap and Buckner gap were awesome![/

Best trait any man or woman of Estes can have right now is patience.

Ya that's right. I spent several years on the board before and I've been on it this time for 'bout 4 months. No big deal.
I'll snag me another schedule one of these days.

It was nice running 10 and back this week though. I filled in for a daytime schedule.
Man the leaves on Sams gap and Buckner gap were awesome!

Best trait anyone can have at Estes right now is patience.

It was nice running 10 and back this week though. I filled in for a daytime schedule.
Man the leaves on Sams gap and Buckner gap were awesome!

Oh yea! I bet that's a nice run in the daylight. I love running the gorge this time of the year too. I guess the leaves will be on the ground when the clean up the mess.

Well maybe you can get ya a daylight hook from 074 to 010 before they open I-40 back up. Then you get to run the new stretch of I-26 between Johnson City and Asheville (Sams gap). Then you can see the most awesome view in Tn. and N.C. IMO

Just be careful on the way down if your heavy, it's real steep and tricky with no jake brake.
I'm sure you'd do fine but I've seen some newbie driver truckload outfits come down this week smokin brakes bad! :TR10driving03:

Well maybe you can get ya a daylight hook from 074 to 010 before they open I-40 back up. Then you get to run the new stretch of I-26 between Johnson City and Asheville (Sams gap). Then you can see the most awesome view in Tn. and N.C. IMO

Just be careful on the way down if your heavy, it's real steep and tricky with no jake brake.
I'm sure you'd do fine but I've seen some newbie driver truckload outfits come down this week smokin brakes bad! :TR10driving03:

Oh yea! That's a regular route for me. I love going up that way. I jump off 85 at the Sc line and hit hwy 11n and mash on it til I get to 25n then I26. Weather I'm going to Ashville or Greenville Tn. I get on pig trail 107 going to Greenville, Tn. Cuts off many miles. Coming down 77 I sometimes bear off I81 and go that way back to I85 to hotlanta for a change of scenery and avoid traffic.

Shoot you know all about the deal then. I used old 107 Erwin hwy all week myself.

To bad we can't use 25/70 through hot springs anymore that was the fastest way from k-town around a gorge closure.

Iknow this is a sore subject to many lower guys ,but classifications will stay the same ,you cant have city men come to linehaul with 20 yrs and bump senoir drivers who have put in there time and being gone away from there familys,and hub ,and hub utility and utility drivers have had many chances in the past to go line-haul but they didnt wanna run the board and be gone for a week at a time,bet they wish they would have done that years ago,sorry guys no disrepect to lower drivers or hub,but it is what it is,and thats the gospel....

Only two classes are needed,Linehaul and City..Some may say Hub is like linehaul..In a sense,it is..But..In the old days,I haven't done it lately and it might have changed,when linehaul had to clock in and help at a Hub terminal,we got paid $2 more per hour than Hub..Hub, as it stands,gets the same pay as a city driver that works the dock..So you might say,we are not the same..Personally,I don't think we should be different..Hub drivers drive the same miles we do,on some runs..So why should they be in a different class,just because they have to work the dock..Now they have managed to create another class of driver,Utility..The more classes you add,the more watered-down the job requirements get..The payroll clerks must dread payroll day..They must all wear wigs,cause none of them should have any hair left..JMO

I agree with ya Stark on most of yr post,I feel that city hub and now utility is a little crazy.im ok with letting the hub and utility in as one linehaul board ,but then ya gotta let teams in as well who wanna split,things change in drivers lives. and i feel based on senority is how they runs shouls be based on,but hey like i said in a prev post most of our hub guys and utility have had there chances on coming into being a single linehaul driver and they didnt at the time,so if they combine those classes they start at the bottom just like you and i did when we started here....

I agree with ya Stark on most of yr post,I feel that city hub and now utility is a little crazy.im ok with letting the hub and utility in as one linehaul board ,but then ya gotta let teams in as well who wanna split,things change in drivers lives. and i feel based on senority is how they runs shouls be based on,but hey like i said in a prev post most of our hub guys and utility have had there chances on coming into being a single linehaul driver and they didnt at the time,so if they combine those classes they start at the bottom just like you and i did when we started here....

Teams,only under special circumstances,will ever be allowed to split..They(Estes) have never excepted the fact that people change..They don't want teams to split..Which is going to put them in an awkward position..