Yellow | Big layoffs coming at you!!

thanks abfer yes we are in central pa .I would wish this for every1 .
who know when i started that things were so different from term -term and local to local. I would of bet at the time it was all the same nation wide.

longblade one thing to know if you take the money before 59 and a half you have to give up 10% to obama in fed tax on all moneys used before then.It must be rolled over into another pension plan to not pay tax on it.

they take 20% off the top before you get it for federal taxes on anything you dont roll over. when you are ready try "VANGUARD" they done me right so far .

wild thing, you're not under the YRC umbrella are you?

Roadway/yrc yes
OK, don't get mad at me but I have one question for you and those under that umbrella with you. I have a good friend who works for New Penn and when we talk he keeps telling me how many years he has in the pension. He always includes the years since the pension reductions. What is Central PA doing with your reduced contributions? None of my business really but when I hear folks like you hoping for retirement I just hope you have this addressed this issue. Having retirement hopes slashed when you are so close would suck.

Not in my pension fund I get a lump sum plus a monthly amount.Central states people need to get on there fund.

That monthly check, just sign it over to the Health&Welfare dept. They just kicked the monthly premium for healthcare coverage for pre-medicare retirees up to $850 a month for an individual, $1700 for you and a spouse. All you lefties that thought your good buddy Obama and his healthcare plan was going to help you out, wake up and smell the coffee. It was $500 for me and my spouse just 3 years ago. From $500 to $1700, I'm not feeling the love.

I only count years paid in full ...I have been in 2 locals and got confirmation on that. The years not paid not counted and the 25% thing well do the math....4 years contribution equals 1

not true . you get full time worked but only 1/4 money payed in .
but if you are short only a year or two then you probably wouldnt be worried as much about the contribution as the actual years .
SUPER have you checked other insurance besides the teamsters ? it is way cheaper for about same coverage.
the teamster insurance is one of the most expensive in the country .

but if you are short only a year or two then you probably wouldnt be worried as much about the contribution as the actual years .
SUPER have you checked other insurance besides the teamsters ? it is way cheaper for about same coverage.
Longblade can ya give me a couple Companies for comparison? I looked about a month ago and it ended up a wash....save a few on Premiums but pay it in Deductibles.....and boy would I rack up out-of-pockets. Plus my Conference is still cheap but who knows when that ends.

That monthly check, just sign it over to the Health&Welfare dept. They just kicked the monthly premium for healthcare coverage for pre-medicare retirees up to $850 a month for an individual, $1700 for you and a spouse. All you lefties that thought your good buddy Obama and his healthcare plan was going to help you out, wake up and smell the coffee. It was $500 for me and my spouse just 3 years ago. From $500 to $1700, I'm not feeling the love.
When I retired in 2009 health insurance with the Western Teamsters was $276.00 a month for myself and wife. Now it's $1015. Last year I opted for a lesser plan with a deductible and copay for $804.00 a month. As soon as I did this my wife became sick and needed an operation. Health insurance costs are getting out of hand.

You can thank Obama for cost going up. Someone has to pay for FREE care.
You've been paying for the healthcare of others for years. Why do you think a hospital charges $15.00 for three ibuprofens during a stay. Just wait until 2013 when the full effect of Obamacare kicks in.

What if you're single and you retire with 27years in the Central States Pension?What is the cost for health insurance a month and deductible?

longblade, healthcare insurance varies greatly from state to state. Were I live, Maine, you can't buy insurance for under $2000 a month and even that carries huge deductibles and there's only 1 or 2 companies that offer insurance here. Probably something to do with the heavy handed liberal government in the state overegulating it. Liberalism, the gift that keeps taking.

What if you're single and you retire with 27years in the Central States Pension?What is the cost for health insurance a month and deductible?
This was the latest I could find and shows rates for 2012.....without futher info I would say if your less than 60 expect to pay full rate ...just guessing.

The Central States Health and Welfare Trustees are pleased to announce a significant reduction in the
required monthly contributions for individuals who retire at age 60 or later. The reduced contribution, effective August 1, 2008, applies to anyone who retired after November, 17, 2003 and was at least age 60 at
retirement.* The new contribution for retirees at age 60 or older will be fixed without increases through
March 31, 2013. The chart below lays out the new contribution amounts.
Effective August 1, 2008, the Retiree Health Plan (R4) rate(s) will be lowered for those retirees who retired at
age 60 and older on or after November 18, 2003.
Fixed Monthly Retiree Health Plan Contribution Rates
Rates are per person
Age at
Retirement
62 or Older
Retirements
between 11/18/2003
and 12/31/2009**
$200
$150
$100
Retirements
in 2010
$225
$175
$100
Retirements
in 2011
$250
$200
$100
Retirements
in 2012
$275
$225
$100
**The fixed contribution rate for these retirements goes into effect August 2008.
These rates are projected to remain in effect until March 31, 2013. However, the Trustees
retain the right to alter any or all of these rates as determined necessary.
Note: UPS participants have a separate retiree contribution schedule and are not eligible
for this schedule.
*Your employer must participate in the R4 Retiree Health Plan and agree to pay the required contributions for these lower rates

https://www.centralstatesfunds.org/CSF/Pdf/teamworkSpring2008.pdf

great you probably have a year or so more in the rip because it was going when i started.
I had about 13 in a nyc local that counts toward the magic #. I hit it and said bye bye!!!!now to sell this house in n.c. and head back to the poconos!!!
I remember when we were doing the 50-50s and t-shirt sales and what ever else we needed to do to get the lawyer we tried talking to guys in central states and they told us they were not interested in rocking the boat and they had it made . oh well things change and hope you get every penny and enjoy a great retirement.
I just cant wait to get closer to my grandsons, 11 hour drive is too much on these tired bones .lol

Congrats Mr Longblade... Enjoy those Grandsons....and Life on your terms....