Yellow | BREAKING NEWS ; ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRCW

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
- ABF SEEKS IMMEDIATE RESOLUTION, FINANCIAL DAMAGES FOR VIOLATIONS OF NATIONAL COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT IN AN AMOUNT ESTIMATED TO BE APPROXIMATELY $750 MILLION
- ABF DEMANDS LEVEL PLAYING FIELD CONSISTENT WITH INTENT AND PURPOSE OF NMFA

FT. SMITH, Ark., Nov. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- ABF Freight System, Inc. (ABF), the largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq:ABFS - News) and a leading less-than-truckload transportation company, has filed legal actions today against the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) and other parties including several YRC Worldwide subsidiaries (Nasdaq:YRCW - News) for violation of the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA), the collective bargaining agreement covering most unionized trucking employees in the country.

ABF today filed a grievance under the NMFA and also an accompanying lawsuit, naming as parties the International Brotherhood of Teamsters; the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee; Teamsters Locals 373 (Fort Smith, AR) and 878 (Little Rock, AR), individually and as representatives of a class of all Teamsters Locals that are parties to the NMFA; YRC Inc.; New Penn Motor Express Inc.; USF Holland Inc.; and Trucking Management, Inc...................

ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRC Companies - Yahoo! Finance

Bravo! Finally someone with the courage to take the fight to where it belongs! Hope this drains the onions 10 million they think they've just screwed the members out of and than some. Best of luck ABF!!!

From the above article : ABF DEMANDS LEVEL PLAYING FIELD CONSISTENT WITH INTENT AND PURPOSE OF NMFA I think you are right !

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Give backs & consessions done under the aspects and articles of the N.M.F.A.?
If so, Then what does A.B.F. have to fight about? They had a vote and lost correct?
Wheres the voliation at? Where was the Law broken?
Help me out someone!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Give backs & consessions done under the aspects and articles of the N.M.F.A.?
If so, Then what does A.B.F. have to fight about? They had a vote and lost correct?
Help me out someone!!

ABF employees had no vote on the givebacks only YRCW employees .

this lawsuit is not going anywhere. abf voted down givebacks, twice. daa

:stirthepot::stirthepot:
- ABF SEEKS IMMEDIATE RESOLUTION, FINANCIAL DAMAGES FOR VIOLATIONS OF NATIONAL COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT IN AN AMOUNT ESTIMATED TO BE APPROXIMATELY $750 MILLION
- ABF DEMANDS LEVEL PLAYING FIELD CONSISTENT WITH INTENT AND PURPOSE OF NMFA

FT. SMITH, Ark., Nov. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- ABF Freight System, Inc. (ABF), the largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq:ABFS - News) and a leading less-than-truckload transportation company, has filed legal actions today against the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) and other parties including several YRC Worldwide subsidiaries (Nasdaq:YRCW - News) for violation of the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA), the collective bargaining agreement covering most unionized trucking employees in the country.

ABF today filed a grievance under the NMFA and also an accompanying lawsuit, naming as parties the International Brotherhood of Teamsters; the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee; Teamsters Locals 373 (Fort Smith, AR) and 878 (Little Rock, AR), individually and as representatives of a class of all Teamsters Locals that are parties to the NMFA; YRC Inc.; New Penn Motor Express Inc.; USF Holland Inc.; and Trucking Management, Inc...................

ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRC Companies - Yahoo! Finance

Help me out someone!!

Other then the 15% pay bendover I know of nothing in the nmfa about giving pensions away, cutting health benefits and throwing all the work rules out the window. EXCEPT, it could be reopened in a national emergency. Guess making sure the onion has it monthly blackmail(i mean dues)every month is a national emergency in pos hoffa's beady little eyes.

I think ABF has some pisspoor lawyers.......The concessions they wanted was voted down by the rank and file......What the heck are they thinking here....??.......Sounds like they want to take YRC and the IBT for a ride and now this is going to get real "UGLY" between the ABF and YRC teamster brothers.......

Other then the 15% pay bendover I know of nothing in the nmfa about giving pensions away, cutting health benefits and throwing all the work rules out the window. EXCEPT, it could be reopened in a national emergency. Guess making sure the onion has it monthly blackmail(i mean dues)every month is a national emergency in pos hoffa's beady little eyes.

LOL .It takes $$$$ to get Hoffa's attention. Can't wait to see his response. Good time to file YRC grievances ...ABF guy will vote the members way :)

Some FACTS !

What is ABF seeking in its legal proceedings?
ABF’s goal in the grievance and lawsuit is to enforce the NMFA and have the YRC-only amendments declared null and void and to obtain compensation for the damages sustained by ABF as a result of paying much higher wage and benefit costs than our largest NMFA-covered competitor.

From ABFS link here FAQs | ABF Legal Action

Some FACTS !

What is ABF seeking in its legal proceedings?
ABF’s goal in the grievance and lawsuit is to enforce the NMFA and have the YRC-only amendments declared null and void and to obtain compensation for the damages sustained by ABF as a result of paying much higher wage and benefit costs than our largest NMFA-covered competitor.

From ABFS link here FAQs | ABF Legal Action

Good luck with that ABF.

Hoffa and Johnson should be thrown out of office today. They opened up a can of worms and set a new precedent that is detrimental to the Teamsters and all U S Unions.

Go ABF!! The NMFA was suppose to be good for 5 years, if people wanted to take a pay cut for their company fine, but the No voters should not have had to.

ABF needs to try something,they couldn"t get anything from the teamsters who had the gonads to vote NO when asked for concesssions......Do you you think the IBT will fight for something now that it might affect Hoffa"s wallet instead of just ours????

Last edited by a moderator: