Yellow | BREAKING NEWS ; ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRCW

thank you ABF

Attention all mesters hand in your logs and clean out your trucks, your time is up :clapping: I love it

I can see this happening too. YRCW can easily shut the doors tomarrow or 12/31/10. Not just because of ABF's lawsuit, but because YRCW got the vote passed and now they no longer have to honor the (original contract).

This new contract doesn't start til 01/01/11, which also waves the old contract. Now, no one will be entitled to any pension contributions for the last 18 months. The $325 million just went to the investment bankers, as their payoff.

The investment bankers weren't going to make their money on the reverse split in the Stock Market. YRCW just covered their :eck13: with a lot of people's retirement money, by the use of the Homer Simpsons' of YRCW that voted Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see this happening too. YRCW can easily shut the doors tomarrow or 12/31/10. Not just because of ABF's lawsuit, but because YRCW got the vote passed and now they no longer have to honor the (original contract).

This new contract doesn't start til 01/01/11, which also waves the old contract. Now, no one will be entitled to any pension contributions for the last 18 months. The $325 million just went to the investment bankers, as their payoff.

The investment bankers weren't going to make their money on the reverse split in the Stock Market. YRCW just covered their :eck13: with a lot of people's retirement money, by the use of the Homer Simpsons' of YRCW that voted Yes.

B-I-N-G-O Baby!!

Spaghetti, I vote for you to be president of the IBT and YRC since they are "one" now.....I like the way you think sir........nuff said

What $325 million the recent credit agreement? If so the banks will just be paying themselves with their own money.

This is awesome. My no vote didn't do much, but this will. It is time for the banks to give and back off on all these "fee's".

Got a chance to read the lawsuit and grievance (abflegalaction.com) which appears to read that ABF is asking to void the three YRC deals with the Union, and asking the judge to enforce the contract as it is written. They quote Article 2, Article 6 language about the contract applying to all the signatory companies and not being able to negotiate seperately since it is a multi-employer agreement. The lawsuit details ABF's efforts to negotiate with the teamsters since 2007.
They want YRC to pay the current contract rates for wages and pension........they do not ask the court for the same concessions for their employees.