Yellow | BREAKING NEWS ; ABF Freight System, Inc. Files Legal Actions Against Teamsters, YRCW

i can tell you this, ABF doesnt want the 15% wage cut... just like all the non union carriers they pay more per hour then us union carriers. they want the 7.00 per hour less into the pension that YRC just voted yes on... work rules and 15% is nothing..... No pension or reduction of paymt into the pension is what they truely want. and your yes vote is going to screw all of us at abf......

i can tell you this, ABF doesnt want the 15% wage cut... just like all the non union carriers they pay more per hour then us union carriers. they want the 7.00 per hour less into the pension that YRC just voted yes on... work rules and 15% is nothing..... No pension or reduction of paymt into the pension is what they truely want. and your yes vote is going to screw all of us at abf......

It's a race to the bottom...

Think of all the concessions individual companies have gotten over the years including those at YRC the past 2 years. No lawsuits advanced at all. This lawsuit is DOA.

ABF, with more than 8,000 union employees, asserts in its claims that it's not fair and that it resulted in a substantial competitive disadvantage for ABF.

the timing of this lawsuit like right after the yes vote might hint ABF might not have brought any action if YRC voted concessions down and closed. I knew they would be back..let the 8000 stand up union employees vote again on it. If ABF operates as well as some employees say they do then they won't have to worry about the dummies at YRC having a super huge cost advantage

hand it over bro..
images

join the massacre

or be the highest paid in the industry​

Last edited by a moderator:
Think of all the concessions individual companies have gotten over the years including those at YRC the past 2 years. No lawsuits advanced at all. This lawsuit is DOA.
I'm not an expert on these things and I could be wrong, but I don't recall any concessions in the past that even came close to the magnitude of this package. I don't recall any cessation of pension contributions in past concessions. I don't recall any with a 5 yr. duration. The magnitude of thiis agreement is staggering. And still they can't turn a profit. The clowns at the top are still there....it's baffling.

ABF has a point. Why should they have to pay 100%, when YRCW has to only pay 25%. It not legal, either they pay 100% or nothing. Does anyone honestly think that YRC will enter 25% into their pension? That money will be put into someone's back pocket. It just another big scam payoff. Then again, the other 75% of the pension contributions are paying for those RFID Implant Chips for the YRCW employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on the Contract ABF and YRC have with TMI the bargaining company setup to negotiate the NMFA?

Sounds like a lot of lawyers will make a lot of money for the next 10 years while this situation basically resolves itself.

I told you guys there was going to be hate between ABF and YRC Brothers........It is going to get 'UGLY"

images
wow ABF top management has been saying nothing, doing nothing for years in the backroom of this YRC debacle but now that YRC got a five year iron-clad guarantee of labor rest ABF is not asking they are suing for concessions

i may be wrong but i dont think so if abf wins , and god bless them if they do and i think they will. when you sue the ibt , you are sueing the members because they are the teamsters. and what ever judement comes. the members will be responsible for the judement, and your checks will be garnished untill paid in full. the crap has hit the fan. i thoght hoffa was a lawyer.

i may be wrong but i dont think so if abf wins , and god bless them if they do and i think they will. when you sue the ibt , you are sueing the members because they are the teamsters. and what ever judement comes. the members will be responsible for the judement, and your checks will be garnished untill paid in full. the crap has hit the fan. i thoght hoffa was a lawyer.

Hoffa is a lawyer,just not a very good one,that's why he is a union president.

Will my retirement checks be garnished because it comes from Central States and the Teamsters own Central States?........Now I know I am not taking a nap today......:couch::wtflol::hide:

images
wow ABF top management has been saying nothing, doing nothing for years in the backroom of this YRC debacle but now that YRC got a five year iron-clad guarantee of labor rest ABF is not asking they are suing for concessions

JayC, I do not believe ABF is suing for concessions. I believe they are suing for damages for violations of a contract that they are working under. ABF is suing to make YRC pay the same as they are and to collect damages for the violations.

Yeah, and YRC is leading the way, we are now the lowest paid of all the major LTL carriers. At least we are #1 at something! those guys at Fed Ex are really missing out.

As a 2 time Yellow employee with 12 years in with another 10 at CF.Now at Fedex Freight. I have a feeling we will be joining you as far as pay goes.

Here's some questions for you'll . First why didn't ABFS do this BEFORE the vote ? Second why sue YRC , Holland and New Penn ?

Here's some questions for you'll . First why didn't ABFS do this BEFORE the vote ? Second why sue YRC , Holland and New Penn ?
If there was back door deals made to undermine ABF by YRCW that might border on the illegal......why not? No clue on the timing or why really, just guessing like everyone else. :popcorn: