Yellow | Camera coaching ?

Swanp holly, yes sir. Gotta question for coches on safety team. Cleaned up outbound monday at major break and all kinds of freight and weight still show on dock. Kind of throws a curve to our fellow brothers on the road. Imo that is more of a safety issue than teaching someone basic rules.
c
Dont know about scores. Csa,smd whatever. Worked at end of line terminal also. All trl's go across the scale? I wouldnt want to be on that side of fence. Thats management.

I thinks has more to do with the equipment than anything. When the CSA score was last published what was the item caught most often? I think it was the equipment, (lights and such) Not the Drivers or their logs, HOS, Tickets or anything like that.
I might be wrong so someone correct me will ya?
You are substantially correct; it was "Vehicle Maintenance" BASICs that are out of whack. The single biggest contributor to that is lights, followed by brake condition. Our HOS and other non-vehicle BASICs are really quite good. We had almost no one driving impaired, relatively few HOS violations, pretty good accident BASICs, and very few Haz-Mat violations.

Anyone volunteering for that isn't a Teamster, it also infringes on your employee privacy rights, tell him to kiss your ass!
As you may have read by now, there is very widespread disagreement with your comment. I am one of those who disagrees. If you tell the reviewer what you suggested, they are directed by their instructions to get a manager to enforce the issue. I haven't had to go there yet, and I hope that trend continues. The review process will go on whether you do it because the reviewer contacted you, or you do it because the management ordered you to-you're still going to do it, so how about just making it easier on all of us? That would be good. If you and those like you insist on "harpooning" this process, it will likely go to management and that will involve disciplinary stuff; the very thing we're striving to avoid.

As you may have read by now, there is very widespread disagreement with your comment. I am one of those who disagrees. If you tell the reviewer what you suggested, they are directed by their instructions to get a manager to enforce the issue. I haven't had to go there yet, and I hope that trend continues. The review process will go on whether you do it because the reviewer contacted you, or you do it because the management ordered you to-you're still going to do it, so how about just making it easier on all of us? That would be good. If you and those like you insist on "harpooning" this process, it will likely go to management and that will involve disciplinary stuff; the very thing we're striving to avoid.
Here's the sticking point on this and my major problem. "They are directed by their instructions to get a manager to enforce the issue" Not I'm not saying to anyone that they should tell anyone to "Kiss my ass" but don't you Guys see the problem?
When you go and get management involved you set yourself up for problems within the Union. (I.E. Do no harm to a Brother) If a letter is issued by management because of this look out! Even if it's just a warning.
Don't you Guys get it? You are not Management! You have no power to do what your doing if another Member refuesses to be part of this! Then to get management involved?
Come on people! Really? Please don't even go there!

Here's the sticking point on this and my major problem. "They are directed by their instructions to get a manager to enforce the issue" Not I'm not saying to anyone that they should tell anyone to "Kiss my ass" but don't you Guys see the problem?
When you go and get management involved you set yourself up for problems within the Union. (I.E. Do no harm to a Brother) If a letter is issued by management because of this look out! Even if it's just a warning.
Don't you Guys get it? You are not Management! You have no power to do what your doing if another Member refuesses to be part of this! Then to get management involved?
Come on people! Really? Please don't even go there!

So you're saying you'd rather be "coached" by management and be subject to discipline rather than to be "coached" by a fellow Teamster with no discipline involved?

So you're saying you'd rather be "coached" by management and be subject to discipline rather than to be "coached" by a fellow Teamster with no discipline involved?
Yes I am! For this simple reason, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE!!
I'll take 100 letters before I will be part of a system set up by management that could put a Teamster against another!
I'd rather be at the panel then at the Union hall bringing charges against someone!
Maybe there are some out there who need a refresher on what it means to be a Teamster!!!!!

Yes I am! For this simple reason, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE!!
I'll take 100 letters before I will be part of a system set up by management that could put a Teamster against another!
I'd rather be at the panel then at the Union hall bringing charges against someone!
Maybe there are some out there who need a refresher on what it means to be a Teamster!!!!!

"That's the way it's supposed to be"? Is there some magic book in the sky somewhere saying that?

Let's say by some unfortunate circumstance you should be involved in a serious accident. In court your records are shown to the jury. You'd rather have the jury learn that you consistently refused to accept "coaching" to improve your driving habits rather than that you cooperated with your "coaches" to improve your driving?

"That's the way it's supposed to be"? Is there some magic book in the sky somewhere saying that?

Let's say by some unfortunate circumstance you should be involved in a serious accident. In court your records are shown to the jury. You'd rather have the jury learn that you consistently refused to accept "coaching" to improve your driving habits rather than that you cooperated with your "coaches" to improve your driving?
Triplex I'm guessing you & I will never see eye to eye on this. Maybe I'm too "Hard core" or old fashioned. Whatever it is it dosen't matter.
My last word on this is I will not cross the line and support this program. I'm not against safety. Just 100% opposed to what management is trying to do here.
FYI I turned down an offer to be a coach for the same reasons given in other posts.. Principals. They have to matter and count for something in this life! There is no "Grey area" on this issue. Right is right and wrong is wrong!

Triplex I'm guessing you & I will never see eye to eye on this. Maybe I'm too "Hard core" or old fashioned. Whatever it is it dosen't matter.
My last word on this is I will not cross the line and support this program. I'm not against safety. Just 100% opposed to what management is trying to do here.
FYI I turned down an offer to be a coach for the same reasons given in other posts.. Principals. They have to matter and count for something in this life! There is no "Grey area" on this issue. Right is right and wrong is wrong!

And "Principals", like beauty, are in the eye of the beholder.

That's 'principles", not "principals" in the context you're using it!

c
Dont know about scores. Csa,smd whatever. Worked at end of line terminal also. All trl's go across the scale? I wouldnt want to be on that side of fence. Thats management.
All the breaks have a scale and are run across it after their hooked.
EOL operations are in a completely different world.

My Dad use to preach to us kids that second hand information was useless, first hand information straight from the " horses mouth" was "priceless".:6788:

Been doing it there way up to this point. Looks like most survived.