XPO | Camera in Linehaul trucks

Hostlers too

You really do get used to the cameras, we don't have them in the spotters but I understand Sysco Alabama does, thats just stupid, they would go off all the time. It takes alot to set off the camera in a Cascadia, IDK about the Sterlings, I have only driven one twice, I don't even remember how they rode.

You guys will figure out pretty quick what sets them off and how to avoid that, the last time I set one off, I had a kite that was dropped low at the dock door and had to power into it and didn't hit the brakes quick enough, bumping a dock hard will set it off quicker than anything.

I may have posted this but the camera saved one of our shuttle drivers job when a drunk chick with no lights on put him into the fence in OKC, the camera told the whole story and he was back to work after a night off to calm his nerves.

You really do get used to the cameras, we don't have them in the spotters but I understand Sysco Alabama does, thats just stupid, they would go off all the time. It takes alot to set off the camera in a Cascadia, IDK about the Sterlings, I have only driven one twice, I don't even remember how they rode.

You guys will figure out pretty quick what sets them off and how to avoid that, the last time I set one off, I had a kite that was dropped low at the dock door and had to power into it and didn't hit the brakes quick enough, bumping a dock hard will set it off quicker than anything.

I may have posted this but the camera saved one of our shuttle drivers job when a drunk chick with no lights on put him into the fence in OKC, the camera told the whole story and he was back to work after a night off to calm his nerves.

We'll be discussing the cameras in the communication meeting on Monday...and I'm sure there's a video. We'll let you know what they say.

We'll be discussing the cameras in the communication meeting on Monday...and I'm sure there's a video. We'll let you know what they say.

If they are the DriveCam, then thats the same one we have, if you really hate it I know how to disable it..LOL, also in the Cascadia, at least here they mount them where you can slide the pax side visor over and put it down and block the dang thing, we do that so we can smoke, its got audio but if you turn the radio up a little and talk quiet your good, we can't be on the phone hands free or not.

Bright and sunny. I needed my visor.

Thats what we say, we have to eat the sun on the way down to the whse, the city guys will set them off more, the road guys shouldn't ever set one off unless you hit the dock hard or pop the clutch or bang into your kite to hard, even on rough road they don't go off, but a severe dip in the road will activate them everytime.

In fact when I was on delivery, I had that visor down and set it off backing into a dock at State Farm, (they have their own kitchen), the trans mgr threatened to fire me, my boss wrote a long e-mail to him explaining the sun was in my eyes and I had to block it to see to back up. Never heard anything else, and like with everything thats new, the newness wore off, we hardly ever hear a word about the camera anymore.

I liked the part in the video, that said 'professionals' will look at and determine if coaching is necessary... doubt its gonna be anybody with any real experience other than sitting behind a desk.

don't know what they doing at your barn but my barn all the a$$ lickers @ dick Suckers are the Con~cam team of Pro's that gonna coach us the do's and don'ts of Con~Cam Driving !!!

I liked the part in the video, that said 'professionals' will look at and determine if coaching is necessary... doubt its gonna be anybody with any real experience other than sitting behind a desk.

Those "professionals" judging you are part time college students working for $10 an hour at DriveCam HQ in San Diego. When we got them at Linde, they gave us a tour of that place. The same guy that started DriveCam was involved in mortgage scams several years ago. The California Supreme Court currently is debating whether or not it is legal to use to judge job performance, but I don't have much hope it will be found illegal. Our BA's position is "Well, it's their truck they can do what they want with it"...And it starts out with "coaching" which then leads to extreme micromanagement, which then leads to termination..It's the idiots at DriveCam that review the uploads from the camera at night and decide whats a coach-able event based on what your company has asked them to watch for.