XPO | cameras and disipline?

I hate bruiser from xmd. He is an old man who loves to cry and nag about vias at xcw. Damn crybaby.
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N(xme)

I sat in a truck with the camera system in it for my 1st time this week. Didn't have to drive it far but was kinda intimidating. Will definitely be interesting driving with one around town every day all day.

Does the system record voice constantly or is it triggered by an event?

I sat in a truck with the camera system in it for my 1st time this week. Didn't have to drive it far but was kinda intimidating. Will definitely be interesting driving with one around town every day all day.

records continuously, only saves when triggered by an event.

Why, what were you saying?

On Halloween, can we wear a mask, so the camera won't know who is in the truck? I'm gonna wear a clown mask and hit a speed bump really hard..

This is what we're told anyway.

touche brother. Only time will tell..The thing has cellular access, so I am pretty sure even though they arent telling, they will be able to access the camera remotely..memory is dirt cheap these days, so Im pretty sure it can record an entire shift if possible as well..Glad I am not stuck like most of the guys here..A yr or less and I am done with driving for good. Hopefully

touche brother. Only time will tell..The thing has cellular access, so I am pretty sure even though they arent telling, they will be able to access the camera remotely..memory is dirt cheap these days, so Im pretty sure it can record an entire shift if possible as well..Glad I am not stuck like most of the guys here..A yr or less and I am done with driving for good. Hopefully

Oh, please...you can at least, stay on part time....You'll miss all the fun.

I am pretty sure even though they arent telling, they will be able to access the camera remotely..
Exactly what I'm thinking too, With the voice and video.

I was thinking, if a car ran a red light and hit you then the system kicked on what good would it be so it probably records any time the key is on but only sends recorded video to the 3rd party when an event occurs. Another words they only want to pay for the good stuff but have the option to see anything that occurred while the key was on.

records continuously, only saves when triggered by an event.

Ok, Thanks... I know a guy that works for a differently company that told me everytime he hits a big bump in the road he yells Ohhhh! and they told him to stop lol.

I was thinking, if a car ran a red light and hit you then the system kicked on what good would it be so it probably records any time the key is on but only sends recorded video to the 3rd party when an event occurs. Another words they only want to pay for the good stuff but have the option to see anything that occurred while the key was on.

Ok, Thanks... I know a guy that works for a differently company that told me everytime he hits a big bump in the road he yells Ohhhh! and they told him to stop lol.
When I see the red light flashing, I yell all kinds of foul language. They told us, "they weren't worried about anything that was said"..I guess we'll find out..

When I see the red light flashing, I yell all kinds of foul language. They told us, "they weren't worried about anything that was said"..I guess we'll find out..
I talk a lot while driving.. to me, to others that can't here me. When the trailer is fighting me not wanting to go right where I want it to go. When anyone around does something like GET IN MY WAY! LOL ... just kidding.

I just wonder how long it will take for someone to get in trouble for doing or saying something while the cameras are " not recording".

As far as feeling safer doing 57, and having room to accelrate if need be. You have to be an idiot to feel safer going 20 mph UNDER the speed limit...hell, 13 mph under the posted speed limit, where people are doing 75, or 80mph is dangerous. Some think slower is safer..but prior to coming here, my whole trucking career has been spent in trucks that do not have any governing device...be it speed, or rpm. And I have not ever had an accident, and I have hauled more loads that are less stable than pulling a set of pups, and never felt it was dangerous. Hell, just because a truck can do 100, doesn't mean guys are going to do 100. I usually stayed around 70-75. At 62mph, I can still work my way through traffic, and pass people..knpwing how to drive, observe traffic patterns and speed, and knowing when to pass can get you around people quickly. Instead of hogging the left lane trying to pass a 61mph truck, watch how you gain on him on hills..catch up to him quickly and find yourself on the brakes? Next time the left lane is clear and you are approaching a hill, use your momentum to get you in the left lane and up beside him, and pass him while the hill slows you down. If you do it right, it won't take any more time than a fedex truck passing a conway truck.

Also, not having any reserve speed can get you in a bind with other traffic pulling a bonehead move behind you, or blowing a steer tire. Not being able to mash on the throttle to lighten the pull after it blows.

I think we should take the approach western distribution took with their rewards program. If a guy doesn't idle, and drives efficiently, not mashing the gas through every gear etc...slowly give him a mph or two extra to run. A guy could end up running 65-67 mph at the end of a 250 mile run, by keeping the left door closed and being easy on the throttle. Start mashing on the gas and driving like a freight hauler, and you are cut to say...60mph
no need to punish guys who know what the hell we are doing.

They used to give attendance awards, they were taken to court & lost because it was discrimination to award 1 guy because he never took a sick day.

Well I have flipped it off a few times nothing yet ?? maybe you need to yell ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ slurs I am sure that one would get ya i ticket out the door !! even though it supposed to be just you being pissed off not really meaning it !

Just An Idea But You know we could all use this to our Advantage and when we hit bumps in the Road ! WE yell Damn There Go's my Back Again Thank God this Camera caught all of it I know my lawyer can sure use visual Aides !!