FedEx Freight | Can we be replaced during a strike?

Nobody wants a strike.Even our Teamster contract has a provision that reads we will not strike.Before that happens.There is a provision in the contract.Stating that a 72hour notice will be given to a company that has violated some form of the contract language.Then and only then will anything happen depending on how egregious the company was in a certain violation

The original post seems a scare tactic'what if.' that jobs would be replaced. In reality No union would agree to end a strike until the jobs of all the strikers were guaranteed safe.

I have rights to marry a man, get an aborion live in a nudist colony......but none will ever be exercised by me.

I'm not in this fight for either side. I just enjoy the references to backbones and large gonads during debates inferring that anyone disagreeing with said poster has none... :LMAO:

I wouldn't recommend any of those for you Slave, especially the last one.. YUCK!!!!(I think I just threw up in mouth....)

Did you read right over Slave's comment jimmyg? Give us your thoughts..LMAO

Did you read right over Slave's comment jimmyg? Give us your thoughts..LMAO

Didn't read it. Mostly my policy on my buddy slave is to endorse Herm Edwards' advise: don't hit send!

None of those are Rights. Neither is joining a union. All are protected actions which can be repealed. Rights can't be without Consitutional Amendments.. Even then a couple of those bring Eternal Death afterwards

You made my point! :LMAO:

Cute, but meaningless, as I replied to your false accusation

Fear is not the determining factor. Education can conquer fear. The brave go forward despite their fears, to do what needs done.

Weak debate positions often benefit from deflection into other areas of discussion, as you have shown, quite vividly, in your follow up posts.

Thumper? Get back up...

Bambi

Cute, but meaningless, as I replied to your false accusation

Fear is not the determining factor. Education can conquer fear. The brave go forward despite their fears, to do what needs done.

Weak debate positions often benefit from deflection into other areas of discussion, as you have shown, quite vividly, in your follow up posts.

Thumper? Get back up...

Bambi

Fear? As you can see I'm not taking sides. In this thread I've knocked or supported both. I just enter for the most part to point out the large backbones false bravado types (like apparently yourself). I fear no one in this. 40 years in trucking-both u and non- got the tee shirt. You work there. It's your decision. Just quit the rhetoric, makes you look stooopid....

My point to the 'backboned' is: Jeff lets you use this fine forum to further your cause/ express your view. And instead of posting convincing positives as to 'why join', you demean others as chicken. Not a convincing argument. And I have earned a 22 yr teamster pension.... Why would anyone want to join You????

They got rid of fedex's driver scorecard.

That is not true. How do you know?? Were you there?? Were you in the safety meeting when all this went down? Were you there when it was changed 3 time befrore they decided to eliminate it all together?? No you were probably on the side of the road taking a nap when the OB was waiting to get the 1 bill you picked up on a trailer and moving.

Teach me about the wonderful teamster and all they have done for everyone.. Ask them about valves it makes them smart drivers

No sir incorrect; I agree management lost its way and screwed up but the Teamster are not the cure.. Just my opion, I respect your and do not try to misrepresent the facts.. Please tell me the fact about the Teamster that were incorrect? And sorry I spent my time on here like you.. We suck

The Teamsters did a great job for me. Higher pay and benefits than any Non-Union company in the LTL business. Two kids, Dental, Glasses and much more that didn't cost me one cent. Now they provide me one very good pension. For the life of me I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to better themselves.I don't think the Teamsters have organized crime in. You should check your facts before you post lies and if you know it exists please give facts.

My point to the 'backboned' is: Jeff lets you use this fine forum to further your cause/ express your view. And instead of posting convincing positives as to 'why join', you demean others as chicken. Not a convincing argument. And I have earned a 22 yr teamster pension.... Why would anyone want to join You????

Again, you are wrong. I've never demeaned anyone by calling them chicken, or lacking bravado, etc. Go read my posts. Try to dispute the facts. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

As far as your accusations here, I must not share your intelect, because I just don't get the point... I'm confused and loosing interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not true. How do you know?? Were you there?? Were you in the safety meeting when all this went down? Were you there when it was changed 3 time befrore they decided to eliminate it all together?? No you were probably on the side of the road taking a nap when the OB was waiting to get the 1 bill you picked up on a trailer and moving.

Come on ass, even you arent that blind. Petitions for a union vote start coming in and the company just decides to get rid of one of the biggest complaints the drivers have? Are you that ignorant ass? As for me, outbound is a long way from being done when I am punched out and gone. Perhaps I'm over at your place taking care of Mrs Ass while you are working that outbound slab.

The Teamsters did a great job for me. Higher pay and benefits than any Non-Union company in the LTL business. Two kids, Dental, Glasses and much more that didn't cost me one cent. Now they provide me one very good pension. For the life of me I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to better themselves.I don't think the Teamsters have organized crime in. You should check your facts before you post lies and if you know it exists please give facts.
I'll jump on the bandwagon with you 30yearman.Albeit I'm with a company that chose to get itself into financial trouble 6 years ago.The Teamsters Union have done a lot for my family.i concur with 30yearman on the benefits.All that was negotiated for me and all my brothers.I come from a Union family.My father was in the UAW for over 31years.So had all my uncles and some of my cousins.Union is a great thing for American labor.Together we can build a stronger America and Solidarity.The only way for us working class people to improve our lives and our families lives is to have Solidarity.Corporations don't love you don't care about you.As I have witnessed by working in a non union shop.Is alot of free agents only caring about themselves.With that free agent attitude.These types of people will run.over you and around you by any means possible.Solidarity is the glue for a better and stronger America and a better life for all of us American labor.I want to call all of you my friend.Because a friend of labor is a friend of mine.Always for you fraternal ly.God Bless you all.

I'm really happy your enjoying the fruits of your labor. The problem is your more the exception than the rule. When deregulation hit in 1980 some of the great union carriers like PIE, ETMF, IML, and Transcon, were scrambling to stay in business. When they went to the union asking for help, the unions answer was to put pickets at the front gate. At the same time non union carriers were flourishing because they were flexible and able to change with the conditions. Then there were just two. When Dollar Bill went on his spending spree, he buried Yellow in red ink. It took the combination of the Teamsters, management, banks and the share holders to temporarily save the company. Dollar Bill took his two million dollar bonus and left the company. The survival of Yellow is still questionable. If you ever get to SoCal, drop in and we'll have an adult beverage and talk about the good old days. TP

Again, you are wrong. I've never demeaned anyone by calling them chicken, or lacking bravado, etc. Go read my posts. Try to dispute the facts. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

As far as your accusations here, I must not share your intelect, because I just don't get the point... I'm confused and loosing interest.
If you are so smart why did you respond to a thread not directed at you but to those with backbone who demeaned others?

Come on ass, even you arent that blind. Petitions for a union vote start coming in and the company just decides to get rid of one of the biggest complaints the drivers have? Are you that ignorant ass? As for me, outbound is a long way from being done when I am punched out and gone. Perhaps I'm over at your place taking care of Mrs Ass while you are working that outbound slab.[/QUOTE

YRC-ATM you just proven what i have been saying all along. Teamsters are nothing but a class of low lifes. It takes a real man to pull someones wife into a conversation. But i am not concerned about some little boy like you trying to take care of my wife, because she enjoys talking to someone with teeth. flat gut and full head of hair. That is the reason YRC is going out of business not because of the teamsters, its becasue they have someone like you representing them. And you are the ignorant one, because anyone who has worked for FEDEX, key word is worked, reason why you will never be employed here, knows that they do not do anything, i mean anything, without having conferance call after conferance call. So again YRC how do you know? DB

Come on ass, even you arent that blind. Petitions for a union vote start coming in and the company just decides to get rid of one of the biggest complaints the drivers have? Are you that ignorant ass? As for me, outbound is a long way from being done when I am punched out and gone. Perhaps I'm over at your place taking care of Mrs Ass while you are working that outbound slab.[/QUOTE

YRC-ATM you just proven what i have been saying all along. Teamsters are nothing but a class of low lifes. It takes a real man to pull someones wife into a conversation. But i am not concerned about some little boy like you trying to take care of my wife, because she enjoys talking to someone with teeth. flat gut and full head of hair. That is the reason YRC is going out of business not because of the teamsters, its becasue they have someone like you representing them. And you are the ignorant one, because anyone who has worked for FEDEX, key word is worked, reason why you will never be employed here, knows that they do not do anything, i mean anything, without having conferance call after conferance call. So again YRC how do you know? DB

Common sense tells me. Apparently you are lacking this. Who says I will never be employed there? After you guys go union, maybe I will come on over. If they hired you, anyone is a shoe in.

If you are so smart why did you respond to a thread not directed at you but to those with backbone who demeaned others?

While I can respect those who do not support this movement, or have differing views on the subject, I also know for a fact that FEAR IS A PART of the decision for SOME, not all. How, you might ask, do I know? Because I've been told by people who are scared to sign a card, a few are afraid of what FedEx may do... cutting hours, replacement workers,etc. One guy even said he might get fired for signing . I did show him the Law and alleviated that fear, but not the others. And no one demeaned the guy. True story, believe it or not. Your choice.

If you want to believe fear is not at least a part of the equation, for some. Fine. I know better.

I'm really happy your enjoying the fruits of your labor. The problem is your more the exception than the rule. When deregulation hit in 1980 some of the great union carriers like PIE, ETMF, IML, and Transcon, were scrambling to stay in business. When they went to the union asking for help, the unions answ was to put pickets at the front gate. At the same time non union carriers were flourishing because they were flexible and able to change with the conditions. Then there were just two. When Dollar Bill went on his spending spree, he buried Yellow in red ink. It took the combination of the Teamsters, management, banks and the share holders to temporarily save the company. Dollar Bill took his two million dollar bonus and left the company. The survival of Yellow is still questionable. If you ever get to SoCal, drop in and we'll have an adult beverage and talk about the good old days. TP

I started out in SoCal driving tankers, we were under a supplement with the NFMA, we were paid $2 more per hour than freight. I know all about deregulation, I started in 1976. Deregulation hurt the Teamsters more than anything else. I know about Dollar Bill also, just glad I got out before that mistake. I still don't understand why someone wouldn't want to make more money, better benefits with job security. I'll be going out to SoCal in the summer and I'll shoot you a pm, nothing better than an adult beverage talking about old times.

While I can respect those who do not support this movement, or have differing views on the subject, I also know for a fact that FEAR IS A PART of the decision for SOME, not all. How, you might ask, do I know? Because I've been told by people who are scared to sign a card, a few are afraid of what FedEx may do... cutting hours, replacement workers,etc. One guy even said he might get fired for signing . I did show him the Law and alleviated that fear, but not the others. And no one demeaned the guy. True story, believe it or not. Your choice.

If you want to believe fear is not at least a part of the equation, for some. Fine. I know better.

Go over to the keep FedEx.union free Facebook page and look at the letter they got their hands on. Then tell me about fear is not part of the union equation .