FedEx Freight | Can we be replaced during a strike?

I am sure the threat of bringing in thugs and organized Crime into any business puts a company on alert make good businees spence to make changes to keep criminals out... What would you do if was your company?
So you agree with me. Next time you, actually one of your drivers seeing as you aren't a driver, see a teamster they can thank them. But for now I'm done with you. Take some English as a second language classes. And see about a refund on that "degree"

Thanks .. Don't want the company I work for to end up like yours.. I see the Teamster fixed everything for you.. Take pay cuts.. Company stays afloat and Teamster get those dues

Wow! The Guy says "welcime to Truckingboards" and THAT's your reply? Another screen name that FIT'S perfectly!:clapping:

Does Jackson Lewis pay double time for "working" on Sunday? Or are you FedEx salaried?

DickBurnz said:
FedEx just stared making a profit check your facts.. You always blame company for debt of YRC never the worker.. That's always your answer.. I am sure FedEx wants to put itself out of business to screw you.. How profitable is UPS Freight ?? Not the corporation.. You think if we stay unprofitable Fred will keep us around?? All 8 % of Freight??

Your facts are just wrong, smart guy. I won't spend much time, but go ahead and clock to education anyway. You have some reading to do while your on the clock.

http://annualreport.van.fedex.com/2014/docs/FedEx_2014_Annual_Report.pdf

http://investors.fedex.com/files/doc_financials/annual/FedEx_AR_2011.pdf

http://www.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/financialinfo/2008annualreport/fedex_annual08.pdf

http://www.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/downloads/annualreport/2005annualreport.pdf

http://images.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/downloads/annualreport/2002annualreport.pdf?link=4

Now, look at the graph below and tell me how you can say (with a straight face) that FedEx is fair, or cares about it's people.

Benefit_Chart_1.jpg

I know you didn't read all those reports, you don't seem like that kinda guy, so here's just a taste of THE TRUTH:

Exhibit A: FXFE expenses at a percentage of revenues.

Source:FedEx_2014_Annual_Report.pdf

Exhibit B: Corrected to show latest FedEx Freight numbers. Still very similar visual.

Exhibit C: Dollar amounts in millions.

[/QUOTE]

Think and learn. Live by the numbers, die by the numbers... Numbers in this case are very telling. Would you like to move on to the 2011 report and continue to study the numbers. I think you should get off this board and study the facts, then come back when you actually know some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you agree with me. Next time you, actually one of your drivers seeing as you aren't a driver, see a teamster they can thank them. But for now I'm done with you. Take some English as a second language classes. And see about a refund on that "degree"

Wow that hurt YRC ATM about my degree; glad your done with me cause your only here for truth and justice.. Love the picture of you sniffing tird .. Speaks volumes about you

Ask me a question that makes a difference?? Why do I need to answer question about equipment?? Ok how many wheels on a 18 wheeler?? That fixes everything. I sure a shop tech could not answer these either cause drivers know all
I didn't ask you any question about equipment, but to look at your responses since the last time I was on here, before I ate with my family, you still haven't answered any questions about the union just making all the same old tired accusations. I really don't care who you do or don't drive for or if you drive at all. Now IMO we will be better off with a contract with written rules that can't be changed on a whim without telling anyone, better insurance, and what I believe will be a better pension. What you believe is what you believe. Now when or if you get a chance to vote if you haven't already, then you need to vote what you feel is the right thing for your future. And in case your wondering it's a resounding YES!

Wow! The Guy says "welcime to Truckingboards" and THAT's your reply? Another screen name that FIT'S perfectly!:clapping:

Does Jackson Lewis pay double time for "working" on Sunday? Or are you FedEx salaried?

Typical Union us against them BS works so well for business. What are you trying to show above? What is your sorce? And sorry I don't think or agree with you that is my opion. Just questioning things is that bad??

Your facts are just wrong, smart guy. I won't spend much time, but go ahead and clock to education anyway. You have some reading to do while your on the clock.

http://annualreport.van.fedex.com/2014/docs/FedEx_2014_Annual_Report.pdf

http://investors.fedex.com/files/doc_financials/annual/FedEx_AR_2011.pdf

http://www.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/financialinfo/2008annualreport/fedex_annual08.pdf

http://www.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/downloads/annualreport/2005annualreport.pdf

http://images.fedex.com/us/investorrelations/downloads/annualreport/2002annualreport.pdf?link=4

Now, look at the graph below and tell me how you can say (with a straight face) that FedEx is fair, or cares about it's people.

Benefit_Chart_1.jpg

I know you didn't read all those reports, you don't seem like that kinda guy, so here's just a taste of THE TRUTH:

Exhibit A: FXFE expenses at a percentage of revenues.

Source:FedEx_2014_Annual_Report.pdf

Exhibit B: Corrected to show latest FedEx Freight numbers. Still very similar visual.

Exhibit C: Dollar amounts in millions.

Think and learn. Live by the numbers, die by the numbers... Numbers in this case are very telling[/QUOTE]

If I was salary wouldn't I benefit from better pay and benefits ?? And these lawyer thrive on conflict between employees and management correct?

I didn't ask you any question about equipment, but to look at your responses since the last time I was on here, before I ate with my family, you still haven't answered any questions about the union just making all the same old tired accusations. I really don't care who you do or don't drive for or if you drive at all. Now IMO we will be better off with a contract with written rules that can't be changed on a whim without telling anyone, better insurance, and what I believe will be a better pension. What you believe is what you believe. Now when or if you get a chance to vote if you haven't already, then you need to vote what you feel is the right thing for your future. And in case your wondering it's a resounding YES!

I an respect you stand by your beliefs.. Please respect mine

Before any strike or work stoppage of any kind happens.Your union and the company will get together and find a solution to any descrepancies the labor or company has.Some folks don't understand how these things work.

Because of solid finically decisions over the last couple years... Can change very quickly.. Think management wants to put us out of business and give up those fat bonusses ??

Arrogant management at the mid/upper levels and POOR decisions on employee relations are THE REASON this movement started, AND the reason YOU are spending the day on truckingboards, trying desperately to fight it. FACT! :smilie93C_peelout:

Well if that person in management doesn't do as he or she is told.He or she can be replaced.Not that easy to replace a rank and file member in a Union.Thats what works for labor with representation to management that has none.

No sir incorrect; I agree management lost its way and screwed up but the Teamster are not the cure.. Just my opion, I respect your and do not try to misrepresent the facts.. Please tell me the fact about the Teamster that were incorrect? And sorry I spent my time on here like you.. We suck

Me too I missed that one by Dickburns..lol.Some of these management types are easy to spot..lol.Teamster here and I'm a friend of labor.Not a friend to management.GO UNION.GOD BLESS THE WORKING MAN

If I was salary wouldn't I benefit from better pay and benefits ?? And these lawyer thrive on conflict between employees and management correct?

Actually, salaried will not be benefiting from a Teamster contract, in terms of pay or benefits. They may enjoy a better, more professional work environment, IMHO

NO one has been happy with the direction of the company over the last several years. NOT red shirts, NOT CCMs, NOT really even most regional Managers. This has been coming for a long time... When a company grows too fast and looses touch with the employees on the front line, they become a number, and representation is necessary to return balance. Union representation is a vital (crucial) component of capitalism. We are not minions...

I doubt salary folk are going to sit around and be quiet if hourlys get a better deal... As for unions being necessary for capitalism look at your stats unions represent a very small amount of employees in our economy. I agree the powers at the top got us here 100% through arrogance but be careful about your own.. I am sure Cherry thought he was not replacable to..

No sir incorrect; I agree management lost its way and screwed up but the Teamster are not the cure.. Just my opion, I respect your and do not try to misrepresent the facts.. Please tell me the fact about the Teamster that were incorrect? And sorry I spent my time on here like you.. We suck

If the Teamsters are not the cure what is ?

I respect your and do not try to misrepresent the facts.. Please tell me the fact about the Teamster that were incorrect? And sorry I spent my time on here like you.. We suck

DickBurnz said:
FedEx just stared making a profit check your facts..

I just needed to correct that... ONLY years that we operated at a loss were 2009, 2010 and 2011. And even in those years compensation went down as a percentage of revenue. We still we lag behind to this day and without some form of balance. we will never regain the ground lost.. EVER, IMHO. We won't even get into the tone of the discussions, and the new directives, as they come down the chain of command.

It's not the end of the world for the Company... They'll adjust, but it's hard not to be a little irritated whey they (FedEx) send people out here to spout unrealistic topics to incite fear. It shows me that, in fact, FedEx fears the union, desperately.

That's why everyone strikes together. They couldn't possibly replace all of you. Especially today, with a driver shortage. Have you heard.- all the carriers are struggling to stay adequately staffed. Don't give in to baseless fear - that's how they control you.

That's why everyone strikes together. They couldn't possibly replace all of you. Especially today, with a driver shortage. Have you heard.- all the carriers are struggling to stay adequately staffed. Don't give in to baseless fear - that's how they control you.

We can't all strike together. You do know that right?

Also a non-union center driver can move freight if a union center strikes thats a lot of centers to get manpower from.(360+centers)