Yellow | Change Of Operations 03/11/13

The bottom line here is, until Management pulls their heads outa their asses and WE as a whole start working together as a team, THEY can continue to close terminals but, WE are going to loose money.

you cannot imagine the problems created by each terminal dispatch system claiming to be king Its was and is our biggest problem that one terminal WILL NOT pick up the phone to talk or plan with another. Get this fixed or trash the change and let the teamsters run this !

Albag, thanks for the reply. If it is my turn to bid and I pass to hope that an unassigned terminal for my change is available, if I am in the pool I can bid on that terminal? Do they go from the number 1 bid to ask if they want to choose the unclaimed unassigned terminal or do they only use the pool by seniority?

hey guys, anybody know if u need a cdl to relocate to nashville tn. i know before i could not go because u had to be cdl qualify.

Albag, thanks for the reply. If it is my turn to bid and I pass to hope that an unassigned terminal for my change is available, if I am in the pool I can bid on that terminal? Do they go from the number 1 bid to ask if they want to choose the unclaimed unassigned terminal or do they only use the pool by seniority?

There will be master seniority list prepared for the pool bidding. The follow the work bid will be held in advance of the pool bidding. The follow the work bidding will most likely be alphabetically with specific losing or closing terminal personnel in seniority order bidding to specific gaining terminals. Although it may begin numerically. GOOD LUCK!

<snip>
2. Somebody must really be pissed off at 135/R-70 to put a frekin relay in Staunton Va so they can bypass (Or runover) 135 to the north! (Staunton will be primary to Brooklyn N.Y.???)
<snip>

Do you remember Raphine which was closed down a few years ago? That, in my humble opinion, was the dumb move. This just seems to be a reversal of that mistake. Just my opinion of course.

These people have no right to be telling us how to run this outfit...THEY came crawling to US, begging for givebacks! You would not know this to see what continues to happen daily.Funny,soon as they made a tiny little profit,bingo we better have a big change & screw it up more! They make medicine for bi polar management types,somebody send em a free sample please!

These people have no right to be telling us how to run this outfit...THEY came crawling to US, begging for givebacks! You would not know this to see what continues to happen daily.Funny,soon as they made a tiny little profit,bingo we better have a big change & screw it up more! They make medicine for bi polar management types,somebody send em a free sample please!
IMO, the tiny profit had nothing to do with this change, this was going to happen regardless, its one of YRCs many ways to get rid of their high paid and aging freight relocating professionals..

IMO, the tiny profit had nothing to do with this change, this was going to happen regardless, its one of YRCs many ways to get rid of their high paid and aging freight relocating professionals..

your right,probably has a lot to do with it. Every time they do that it removes seasoned drivers who are the backbone of this company & saved its a$$.Not that there are not a few who shall we say, a lil past there prime & need to hang it up. but you have that at every co.i thought part of this give back we find ourselvs under included no more usless changes! lol. subject to change,i know...

Apparently you must think that the overhead costs are more important than peoles' livlihoods. At the very minimum 230 peole will lose thier jobs, and thats not to mention those that will not move and will also lose their job. After all we have sacrificed to help the company survive, this is the ultimate kick in the face by getting rid of probably 500 careers from the peole that helped the company become profitable again.:9529:

If Zollars was still running the show everyone would be out of work by now. At least this CEO is trying to turn the mess Zollars created into a positive and put the company on the right track. Losing 500 jobs or 230 jobs or even 1 job is painful,especially if yours is one of those jobs. We all hate to see these change of operations that have a negative job impact,but if you look around you`ll see that the whole country is going downhill. Often,the people that get laid off when a terminal is downsized end up getting called back to work when freight volumes pick up. I`ve seen terminals close in changes and then reopened months later when the company realizes what they did wrong in the original change. After every change comes another change to correct the mistakes they made in the first one. Hopefully,when it`s all done no one will lose their job and this change will turn YRC into a more profitable and secure company to work for, and provide job opportunities for even more teamsters.

sorry but im calling BS there sgt.
If you dont have enough drivers now to move freight on time how in the world you gonna do it with less. our debt level has to be so much higher that what they could possible make by down sizeing,
and you need to add more guys to that out of work list.the guys on the edge now at gaining terminals will be gone too, within weeks of the change when thing settle down just like every change before.
I really dont see much differance betwwen what zollars did and what welsh is up to now.
gotta just keep trying to thin the herd.soon they can have a whole company full of part time no vacation no bennies and then they will be happy as hell and laughing out loud

Our subsidiaries seem to grow each and every quarter!
But at the same time, YRCF seems to loose the same percentage of revenue!
Is a conspiracy or just a coincidence?

Albag,
the problem with your logic/perspective; "This is about reducing costs" is that these terminals were open and doing fine before the merger when we ran 16 consecutive quarters making record profits.

This is the same mis-managenent as the "cross dock" BS. We at KCM (326) have been told by supervisors, that they don't care if we only move 1 bill a night, as long as we load it and they can show good #'s.

Someone from the glass house came to our terminal telling the P/D Drivers that we had to many customers and we had to reduce the # of pick up's and delivery's.... Someone....Anyone, please for the sake of God, explain to me how in the hell any company, especially in this economy, can have to many friggin customers???????????

Some genius came up with this friggin football league pitting terminals all across this country against each other....WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!!!!!!! Our competition isn't each other, it's the other LTL Truck lines....WTF, this is like having Grean Bay offense playing their defense in the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In KC, they combined both terminals and WE now have a board smaller than ether terminal. THEY can not run this terminal !/2 as efficient as WE were when we ran 2/3rd's again more freight across OUR dock.

The bottom line here is, until Management pulls their heads outa their asses and WE as a whole start working together as a team, THEY can continue to close terminals but, WE are going to loose money.

NO! All of us YRCF employees (or what is left) have suffered financially for the past 3 years?
Isn't 3 years long enough?
Now, some of the exact same employees who "donated $20k+ per year to help out YRCF, are now subjected to the unemployment line???
I interpret the current COOP as a double slap-in-the-face.
This company is doomed!

"Don't you think the current leadership should be given a couple of years to resuscitate the business.?"....Well said!......KK

fact are debt is back to 1.336 billion it has gone up so profit thats funny go find my post change is about dwnsizing 450 road guys ill guess like last chang 200 plus wont move and 109 have no job and we need road driverss i still predict we close starting summer of 2014 or early 2015

ah the end is near my friends the truth hurts what no comments on this

i have been saying this since first give back this place is on tract to close between summer of 2014 or before 2015 contract all the signs are there last change and this was about elimanating 300 plus employeees to save money to pay bills not about moving frieght faster or better in most cases yrc is smaller then yellow back before merger

heres the only fact that matters , throw away the ebitda bull****

one number matters right here - 1,366,000,000 in debit as of the end of 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we keep going further in debt .

................... bond swap got us down from 1,35 billion 1.15 billion 4 0R 5 years ago i think since then it goes up every year
........and i cant find the numbers but i think they need 790 million to pay covenat paymenst and over a billion in 2014 due to loan restructering and interest and principal payments they cant pay last few years ........................
look at all the new epuipment oh wait we dont, buy stock in duck tape to fix epiupment
chicago is out of drivers alot ,,,,,,,, sometime there is up to 80 loads in the chicago area that didnt move come monday night from weekend .............= great service lol so why is getting rid of 109 road drivers a good thing.....plus the 200 that wont move that can, just like the last change, over 3/4 didnt move 200 plus road guys gone saves 25 million not including dock , city,mechanics,clerical, to help pay fuel bill lol = less drivers to move frieght equalls bad service= loss of customers to do service issues its already happned frm last change at some terminals and they try to hire in chicago and they all qiut in first month lol or cant get thru training

ALSO LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MANAGMENT JUST PROMOTED TO KEEP THEM FROM LEAVING THEY ALL GOT RAISES TO WIND THIS DOWN UNTIL THEY REFIANCE THERE HIGH INTEREST DEBT DOWN ( PAYING OVER 7 PERCENT WAY TO HIGH WHEN MONEY IS DIRT CHEAP) , GET NEW EPUIPMENT, NOT OLD NEW EPIUPMENT AND MAKE 40 TO 100 MILLION PROFIT IN A QUATER THEN LETS TALK ABOUT THIS PLACE MAYBE LASTING TILL THEN

FAT LADY IS ALMOST DONE SINGING HER SONG LOL SADLY WAS A GOOD RUN

FINANCIALS
Income Statement
Balance Sheet
Cash Flow
All numbers in millions (except per share items and employees)
Annual
Quarterly

Dec 2012

Dec 2011

Dec 2010

Dec 2009

Assets

Cash and Equivalents

Receivables

Inventories

Other Current Assets

Total Current Assets

Property, Plant & Equipment, Gross

Accumulated Depreciation & Depletion

Property, Plant & Equipment, Net

Intangibles

Other Non-Current Assets

Total Non-Current Assets

Total Assets

Liabilities & Shareholder Equity

Accounts Payable

Short Term Debt

Other Current Liabilities

Total Current Liabilities

*******************************************************************THIS NUMBER HERE*******************MUST READ *********************************MUST READ**************************************
:busted::6817:

Long Term Debt<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1,366.30 2012 number<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1,345.20 2011<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

837.26 2010,,,,,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

935.78 2009

AND I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE COVENANT PAYMENTS BUT I THINK THIS YEAR IS 790 MILLION AND OVER A BILLION IN 2014 I BELIEVE .............. WHERE WE GOING TO GET THAT MONEY plus they have i think 300 million in leases to renew and 125 million for pension this year................................................................................................................................ ANYONE ANYONE FERRIS BUELLER O.O

read this you guys you say give them time managment there closing this company right in front of your EYES read the long term debt 2010 837m ... 2011 1,345b .... 2012 1,336,B..... up and up it goes so 4 qtr dosent mean ****

Last edited by a moderator:
fact are debt is back to 1.336 billion it has gone up so profit thats funny go find my post change is about dwnsizing 450 road guys ill guess like last chang 200 plus wont move and 109 have no job and we need road driverss i still predict we close starting summer of 2014 or early 2015

Just curious............do you have any predictions who the new Pope is going to be?.....KK