TForce | Change of uniforms

I think bad negative rumors grow much faster than good positive rumors.
How did this uniform issue start?
Who really knows,and who cares?
Its out here,and we are all having fun with it.
For all of the money thats been shelled out by UPS for our Johnny reb gray tops,and UPS brown bottoms,how many on these truckingboards really think UPS is going to back peddle seeing a rumor on a truckingboard,so that they will take a re-call on our uniforms to please the wants of such a very few unhappy UPS workers?

Oh my this is funny stuff!!
These truckingboards can be so entertaining,thats why alot of us freight haulers come here to unwind.

HA,HA,HA, YUK,YUK,YUK,YA GOTTA LOVE IT !!!!!!!!

I dont see them changing the image/logo of UPSF. I think they want the uniformity so they can convert some of the parcel customer to use them for freight. Look at FedEx Freight/Ground etc. If you weren't in the business you couldnt tell their trucks apart. To the rest of the world all they see is FedEx period.

I just received the latest issue of our company magazine in my mail box this last week.
Theres a picture of some mechanics in there.
They have the old Overnite blue shirts with their name tag patches still on.
But you can see where the old Overnite patch was removed.
I know the UPS Freight repare technician that comes to our terminal to repare our equipment told me they don't have to get UPS Freight uniforms,they can still wear the old Overnite stuff.
Also the dock workers aren't required to have uniforms.
Anyone that may see a customer face to face has to reflect our companys image.
I know in the past as Overnite,the road drivers didn't have to wear uniforms,but they all do now.
Maybe this is for the people they come in contact with at truckstops,or just the general public that see them driving?
Don't ask me why,I just know its now a company thing.

Anyone that leaves the property to preform duties while in the employement of UPS must be dressed in assigned uniform wether you deal directly with a customer or not.
All feeder drivers, sleeper team drivers, hub air drivers must be in uniform.
Package handlers, pre-loaders, sorters, car washers, tug operators, shifters, or any insider jobs can be in civilain clothes.
UPS has an image to uphold and it carries over to all companies in its operation.

As far as "us" UPSers complaining that you guys are wearing brown, I wouldn't put any faith in that. We have no say in your operation, you are a seperate company from us.

T251

Well thanks a lot for clarifing the uniform policy for all of us T251.
Really I'm happy you gave your thoughts on this issue.
I also say a big 10-4 on any of us having any say in what UPS wants us to wear.
If they are providing the clothing why should anyone care what they are wearing.
I think T251 has put this stupid rumor to rest.
Short,and sweet.

Well yes, I did say it was rumor, however the person who said it was a terminal manager. From what he understands it is that the parcel folks don't want "brown" associated with upsf and want the brown uniforms only for their division. Personally I could care less what color either wears. But it does sound a bit like company snobbery to me. I'm sure they will want to take the shield away too.lol. Most likely it matters little cause UPSF will probably be sold off to another company if it doesn't turn out to be profitable for UPS. That just big business.

UPS will not sell off UPSF. They need a freight company to be competitive. UPS will make the company very profitable no matter what it takes.

In my part of the world big brother brown has taken us in like family. Everyone waves and speaks when you see another at a customer stop. I've helped parcel drivers and I've asked them for directions for home deliveries. I believe its all were you live and what peoples attitudes are....not just to you (UPGF) but to everyone.

In my part of the world big brother brown has taken us in like family. Everyone waves and speaks when you see another at a customer stop. I've helped parcel drivers and I've asked them for directions for home deliveries. I believe its all were you live and what peoples attitudes are....not just to you (UPGF) but to everyone.

Same here, I have not met one rude UPS driver. And I have seen alot of them on the road. Always pleasent to talk too. I have coffee with 4-6 different drivers at my usual coffee stop. I think we all want whats best for all of us. Although they seem to be in the dark as to whats going on with there new freight company. They ask me more questions, that I can't anwser. So we are for the most part all in the dark together as one.

A terminal manager spreading rumors?

I think even if it was a TM he was just throwing a rumor out there just to see how far it would go.

I know this might not be the case with everybody but, Every TM that I've had the misfortune of knowing was tight lipped about everything. Even stuff us employees should be updated on (such as pay, safety, ect..) You couldn't get info out of them with a crowbar!

Up side the head is the only way.....

Since I've been doing my route with my new UPS Freight long van,I always get a wave from the parcel drivers that see me.
Just this last week we just took on a new national account from Fedex freight.
I didn't know where the store was in the Sams-wal-mart shopping complex I was in.
I flashed my lights to a parcel driver.
He stopped next to me behind this complex.
He didn't know where the store was because he was a fill-in,but he was willing to call another driver on his cell phone to find out.
Needless to say I found the store,and made the delivery,but this driver didn't have to stop if he didn't want to help,he could of just went on his merry way.
I've posted before how I've always been able to joke around with all the regular UPS drivers I see because I offer a friendly greeting first.
Most people I deal with let down their guard when I take the first step with them,to show them a smile and willingness to do what I can to make their delivery.
In most cases dealling with anybody is just in your attitude how you will be treated in return.
So I agree with both of you falcon465 & BusterNight,the regular UPS drivers are getting used to us being a part of their parent company.
Its all good,if you want it to be.

Gee that very well could be T251.
I never thought of that?
But its really nice to be able to count on their help when I need it.
Doesn't matter to me if I'm father time.
Any help I can get to find an unkown delivery is help very much welcomed.

It would be nice if we all could work together; I sometimes help the ups driver at one of my stops. His freight is usually heavy, while I am being loaded with a forklift I would use my pallet jack to place his skids to the dock door so he could stay in the truck and load them, then when he can’t reach them I would spin the pallet for him. I look at it this way he is a fellow brother and someday I might need some help. The old saying what goes around comes around, it doesn’t hurt to be nice.

A terminal manager spreading rumors?

I think even if it was a TM he was just throwing a rumor out there just to see how far it would go.

I know this might not be the case with everybody but, Every TM that I've had the misfortune of knowing was tight lipped about everything. Even stuff us employees should be updated on (such as pay, safety, ect..) You couldn't get info out of them with a crowbar!
No, the terminal manager did not spread a rumor, he is my hubbys boss and told him first hand, the word came down to the TM by someone higher in the company. I called it a rumor because I didn't hear it firsthand. probably the two companies want to have a separate look to distinguish one from another and that may be all there is to it. All the UPS parcel workers my hubby has talked to have been very nice, just probably those at the top want to make a distinction. And as long as they companies are buying the uniforms, like I said before who cares what color they are. I think they should be pink,,lol.

No, the terminal manager did not spread a rumor, he is my hubbys boss and told him first hand, the word came down to the TM by someone higher in the company. I called it a rumor because I didn't hear it firsthand. probably the two companies want to have a separate look to distinguish one from another and that may be all there is to it. All the UPS parcel workers my hubby has talked to have been very nice, just probably those at the top want to make a distinction. And as long as they companies are buying the uniforms, like I said before who cares what color they are. I think they should be pink,,lol.

I think someone is blowing smoke.

We do have a separate look....we are brown and off gray...they are brown.
If we weren't sporting the UPS logo, no one would even think anything of it.

If it is true and they want to do gray on gray....not only will it look Gay....They will be replacing or cleaning alot of uniforms, because they will look like sh*t really fast.

But like most rumors around here, I will believe it when I see it.

Well if we had to wear pink like SusieRyder wants this could be something that would cause me to turn in my retirement paperwork right quick.
The old Overnite Johnny reb gray,and union army blue was ok,now our Johnny reb gray tops,and UPS browns are something I've learned to live with,as long as I can stay clear of greacy air lines,light cords,and the bottom trailer nose corners.
But the color of pink would truely cause me to look into my rocking chair purchase,and call it a day in the trucking industry.

Well yes, I did say it was rumor, however the person who said it was a terminal manager. From what he understands it is that the parcel folks don't want "brown" associated with upsf and want the brown uniforms only for their division. Personally I could care less what color either wears. But it does sound a bit like company snobbery to me. I'm sure they will want to take the shield away too.lol. Most likely it matters little cause UPSF will probably be sold off to another company if it doesn't turn out to be profitable for UPS. That just big business.

I do not think you will see us being sold off, If a TM started this rumor he is nothing more justified in character then the rumor he started.

Well if we had to wear pink like SusieRyder wants this could be something that would cause me to turn in my retirement paperwork right quick.
The old Overnite Johnny reb gray,and union army blue was ok,now our Johnny reb gray tops,and UPS browns are something I've learned to live with,as long as I can stay clear of greacy air lines,light cords,and the bottom trailer nose corners.
But the color of pink would truely cause me to look into my rocking chair purchase,and call it a day in the trucking industry.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.Iwould love too get those scrubs real greasy....lolololol.