FedEx Freight | Charlotte City Drivers Attention!

Mine is $117 month including everything.

You chose the cheaper option, with a LOT HIGHER deductible, and your plan is 70-30 rather than 80/20. That is the gamble you take. The gamble you are forced to take with your families financial security. I understand the trade off. Part Government mandates, part Company taking advantage of you/me/us, for higher profit margins.

You chose the cheaper option, with a LOT HIGHER deductible, and your plan is 70-30 rather than 80/20. That is the gamble you take. The gamble you are forced to take with your families financial security. I understand the trade off. Part Government mandates, part Company taking advantage of you/me/us, for higher profit margins.
If there is a serious injury or illness, after the dust settles the bankruptcy courts would be my advice.

I recently was talking with a hard working driver who has no insurance. He spent less than 24 hours in hospital for dehydration and ran up a bill of over 35 thousand .
He has had everything he has ever worked for seized and is in the process of loosing his truck.
I said you need to see an attorney and file bankruptcy or your family will be homeless. Got the deer in the headlights look.
He said I have never been to school and have no education .
Set him up with a attorney at legal aid . Feel like a steward again... sad

But the point of of whole story,is the driver should have covered,thus not needed to file,and NOT lose EVERYTHING...

Remember this: The only thing FedEx Freight drivers are guaranteed without a contract is their last paycheck.
The union has no guarantees either. Ask the ones who have taken pay cuts or been laid off, or worse yet had to endure companies shutting down. Ask the ones with pensions projected to go belly up in less than 10 years. Unions are a CANCER designed to drive a wedge between employees and management. The mafia thugs are the only ones who benefit over time.

The union has no guarantees either. Ask the ones who have taken pay cuts or been laid off, or worse yet had to endure companies shutting down. Ask the ones with pensions projected to go belly up in less than 10 years. Unions are a CANCER designed to drive a wedge between employees and management. The mafia thugs are the only ones who benefit over time.
Kind of extreme there, Hammer. I'm really not a Union fetish guy, BUT, Unions are in fact a necessary and CRITICAL PART of Capitalism. Necessary when a Company becomes too big, to the point that workers have little or no recourse to address issues, or forgets to place significant value on said employees. And when a Company becomes too powerful, to CARE. When it becomes necessary, Union representation provides BALANCE, not cancer.

Kind of extreme there, Hammer. I'm really not a Union fetish guy, BUT, Unions are in fact a necessary and CRITICAL PART of Capitalism. Necessary when a Company becomes too big, to the point that workers have little or no recourse to address issues, or forgets to place significant value on said employees. And when a Company becomes too powerful, to CARE. When it becomes necessary, Union representation provides BALANCE, not cancer.
Quite wrong there swampy union cause division not only between employees but between employe and employers that's the wedge hammer is taking about I do believe. Another thing it causes is constraints on the company to be able to adapt to economic changes because they are bound by a contract. So if they need to change something to be more productive it makes near impossible without going to the union to renegotiate new contract, by that time it's to late company has already lost money.

Quite wrong there swampy union cause division not only between employees but between employe and employers that's the wedge hammer is taking about I do believe. Another thing it causes is constraints on the company to be able to adapt to economic changes because they are bound by a contract. So if they need to change something to be more productive it makes near impossible without going to the union to renegotiate new contract, by that time it's to late company has already lost money.

So where does your point of view come from? Sounds to me that the blame should fall on the company if they can't negotiate the flexibility required to run the operation.

By the way citydog, why are you listed on the management vacation schedule and not the drivers schedule? Inquiring minds want to know.

I thought that Management Clause, you guys constantly harp about, covered that...

FedEx negotiates contracts with EVERY service provider they utilize... EXCEPT the drivers. I don't think those contracts hamper the flexibility to adapt. Why should the burden of flexibility be placed solely on the employees' back? Again, there was a time this company did not need such a thing.

So where does your point of view come from? Sounds to me that the blame should fall on the company if they can't negotiate the flexibility required to run the operation.

By the way citydog, why are you listed on the management vacation schedule and not the drivers schedule? Inquiring minds want to know.

You never did get an answer did you??? I think this is the second time I've seen this asked but never answered??

You never did get an answer did you??? I think this is the second time I've seen this asked but never answered??

Nope driver and always have been no idea where you get that from. Oh hold on have to assign a pick up call but I have no drivers there all on there union break. Sorry mister customer you will have to wait until one of my drivers gets off his union break to make your pick up.

Last edited:
I thought that Management Clause, you guys constantly harp about, covered that...

FedEx negotiates contracts with EVERY service provider they utilize... EXCEPT the drivers. I don't think those contracts hamper the flexibility to adapt. Why should the burden of flexibility be placed solely on the employees' back? Again, there was a time this company did not need such a thing.
They still do not need that contract between the driver and employees as long as you come to work do your job safely. Never seen anyone just get fired they fire themselves.

They still do not need that contract between the driver and employees as long as you come to work do your job safely. Never seen anyone just get fired they fire themselves.

I'll give you the "do your job" point. The issue, for me is, while doing our job as expected, over time the conditions of employment become altered, or don't keep up with the market. In effect the terms change. Now we do have the option to leave, when that happens, but that kind of relationship offers little in the way of consistency or stability, for the employee.

Your wife likely prefers a contract. You, on the other hand, may not. Figuratively speaking, of course.