FedEx Freight | Chicago Heights, IL has date with the ballot box

If you dont think that raise made a difference in the vote your blind.

Again, the anti's played the union like a used fiddle! It took the pro's almost a year to obtain enough cards to even petition to have an election...and some of those cards were eventually signed for one reason, to defeat the union in an election! The anti's had more support two weeks after the petition was filed than the union did after 9 months of trying to get cards signed! The anti's tried to warn the union that they were gonna lose but the union let their egos get in the way! And let's not forget, the GPD bump came well after the petition was filed, by this time the anti's already had the election in the bag!
So did it make the difference, NO, they already had enough support....but I'm sure it didn't hurt!

So if a contract was obtained and we were able to get a pension in a stand alone hybrid plan would that be apples to apples?

I guess it would, I'm not sure what a "hybrid plan" is, but if it is funded by the company and then administered separately I guess it would be apples to apples. But Fedex's current underfunded pension which you love to bring up is different than a 3rd party pension that is underfunded.

As stated by crazy trucker (anti union raise) Does anyone at cgt think past there next pay check.
What about retirement insurance how about your co workers doing the same job for almost 3 dollars an hour less.
wait untill they up health care and take that dollar an hour back.

Exactly

Again, the anti's played the union like a used fiddle! It took the pro's almost a year to obtain enough cards to even petition to have an election...and some of those cards were eventually signed for one reason, to defeat the union in an election! The anti's had more support two weeks after the petition was filed than the union did after 9 months of trying to get cards signed! The anti's tried to warn the union that they were gonna lose but the union let their egos get in the way! And let's not forget, the GPD bump came well after the petition was filed, by this time the anti's already had the election in the bag!
So did it make the difference, NO, they already had enough support....but I'm sure it didn't hurt!

Your sitting here telling us how it went at their terminal but you still haven't a clue what happened at your own. :clapping:

Your sitting here telling us how it went at their terminal but you still haven't a clue what happened at your own. :clapping:
I've explained many times what happened in CLT and continue to tell you the truth as to what's currently going on in CLT...it's you, and others, that are in denial.
Yes, I knew/know first hand what was/is going on in CGT...the anti-union machine is just getting started...bring on the next center!!!

Red hit it on the head, this wasn't about money, I still love how you guys think a yes voter is a brave warrior, and a no voter is a dolt incapable of independent thought. You (the Teamsters) are selling a flawed or at least perceived flawed product. First this was in CHICAGO a union strong hold. Then it took over a year to get cards signed, if you approach someone to sign a card and they do so willingly they will probably vote yes. If you have to talk them into it then they are generally doing it to get you to leave them alone. As evidenced here, I believe this was the longest organizing effort that has taken place in this campaign. I'm assuming (correct me if I'm wrong) they probably had at least 60% cards signed yet didn't even get within sniffing distance of 50% yes. Maybe a few changed because of the raise, but not that many. They never had the numbers, if it were 51 % to 49% you might be right but it wasn't. This is why they pushed card check as opposed to the secret ballot.

finally the truth in your last senence.
( but im sure it didn't hurt.)

I've explained many times what happened in CLT and continue to tell you the truth as to what's currently going on in CLT...it's you, and others, that are in denial.
Yes, I knew/know first hand what was/is going on in CGT...the anti-union machine is just getting started...bring on the next center!!!

Lol ok bud their will be more no doubt.

I don't drive for FedEx, I may be out of line even commenting on the FedEx forum.

We all do the same job out on the road in LTL, taking freight from point A, to point B. There should be a certain brotherhood in that fact.

What is amazing to me is that some drivers think the pay and benefits they receive in this LTL industry is from their loyalty and hard work to their non union employer.

The fact is everything the non union drivers receive in the way of their seniority at the non union freight companies, has been fought for and provided to them because of Teamster's. The existence of the Teamster's is what provides non union LTL drivers their seniority board, their bid runs, etc, etc. If the Teamster's Union should cease to exist, watch and see what happens to your pay, your seniority board, etc..

It wasn't FedEx freight, Old Dominion, Estes, etc., who out of the goodness of their heart decided seniority meant something. It was the Teamster's who hammered out those issues years ago.

Are we as truck driver's paving a better way for future drivers coming into this industry, or are we just taking care of ourselves??

Another question Fedex drivers should ask themselves, why are Fedex pilots unionized?? If Fedex takes care of their own, why would highly educated Pilots feel the need to unionize?

Last edited by a moderator:
very true post and if we dont fight for respect we wont recieve it.
I don't drive for FedEx, I may be out of line even commenting on the FedEx forum.

We all do the same job out on the road in LTL, taking freight from point A, to point B. There should be a certain brotherhood in that fact.

What is amazing to me is that some drivers think the pay and benefits they receive in this LTL industry is from their loyalty and hard work to their non union employer.

The fact is everything the non union drivers receive in the way of their seniority at the non union freight companies, has been fought for and provided to them because of Teamster's. The existence of the Teamster's is what provides non union LTL drivers their seniority board, their bid runs, etc, etc. If the Teamster's Union should cease to exist, watch and see what happens to your pay, your seniority board, etc..

It wasn't FedEx freight, Old Dominion, Estes, etc., who out of the goodness of their heart decided seniority meant something. It was the Teamster's who hammered out those issues years ago.

Are we as truck driver's paving a better way for future drivers coming into this industry, or are we just taking care of ourselves??

Another question Fedex drivers should ask themselves, why are Fedex pilots unionized?? If Fedex takes care of their own, why would highly educated Pilots feel the need to unionize?
And love the part about the pilots!!!!!

why would highly educated Pilots feel the need to unionize?

For your first point, you will be fine posting here, you agree with "them" its only the ones who disagree who aren't welcome.
Second they established a while ago that drivers are as smart as pilots, so their intelligence is irrelevant.

Everyone fails to realize that the pilots are covered by the RLA, therefor they HAVE power and leverage. FedEx Freight was also covered by the RLA until 2010 when the teamsters, along with UPS, convinced Pelosi and Ried to change our status to NLRA, which is weaker and has no leverage.
Also, the pilots are represented by the ALPA, a well respected union...NOT the teamsters, and therein lies your problem, most want nothing to do with the teamsters!

Everyone fails to realize that the pilots are covered by the RLA, therefor they HAVE power and leverage. FedEx Freight was also covered by the RLA until 2010 when the teamsters, along with UPS, convinced Pelosi and Ried to change our status to NLRA, which is weaker and has no leverage.
Also, the pilots are represented by the ALPA, a well respected union...NOT the teamsters, and therein lies your problem, most want nothing to do with the teamsters!

Except cops. Many cops are teamsters now, believe it or not. And being a freight Teamster is still honorable, in my opinion

like I said, without the existance of the Teamsters, just wait and see what happens in LTL.

You sound like someone who could care less what Pelosi or Reid think or how they legislate. Just try and think like your buddy Bill O'Reilly, a fellow union member.

And UPS drivers, both parcel and freight, are Teamsters.

COPS---corruption ---- teamsters??????

If you put any occupation under the microscope of the media, you would most certainly find corruption, and corrupt acts, from a very small percentage.