TForce | Chicagoland area notification of teamsters meeting

imported_Oldtimer

TB Lurker
Credits
Good Day Gentleman and ladies:
Alot of folks have just speculation about the Indy contract well you can get your answers at the Teamsters Hall 705 Auditorium 1645 W. Jackson Street Chicago 2/11/2007 Time 1:00 P.M. This meeting is to answer your questions about the biggest fear YOUR Pension and other pertainent questions about seniority,overtime,etc. IF you are from SOH,AUR,PAL,CGO and you have questions and do not go then rely on 3rd patry info. That is about like playing russian roulette with 5 shells in the chamber.If you truly want to be informed then go if not then you have no one to blame but your selves.And I know that a couple of the devout anti union bashers who work at UPS Freight will put their 2cents in but this is AMERICA they have their rite to their opinion.Yes Folks believe it or not your interest in the UNION is strong why?Who made this happen well management who believes in doing it their way send the old timers home,cut deals with certain employees they like so they get their way and HOURS,New employess being filled with all kind of grand promises about do not worry about seniority this is an issue we dont have to worry about BECAUSE WE HAVE TO BE FLEXIABLE! Sorry folks any way you cut it garbage treatment is still garbage treat is still treatment.But with a contract and the truth being known see what happens when a few grievances get filed because of UPS FREIGHT FLEXIABILITY.OK folks lets keep it clean no bashing please just honest opinions and statements we are not children we are adults. :chairshot: :1036316054: :smilie_132:

New England is behind you Oldtimer. We have encouraged the nay saying kool-aid drinking individuals to attend all info meetings. At first many said NO!!! Now after being hit in the wallet a few times due to "flexibility" they all signed cards. And whats even more astonishing is that they are spreading the message and not the mess. To be honest, I truly do think that with all thats being done by the company, they do want a unionized freight division. Afterall structure is what corporate Brown thrives on and here it is chaos at its finest!!! Go IBT.

Well oldtimer heres your chance to be our hero.
When you get the answers to the Indy contract,and what else is going on.
You can post it on here for the rest of us that can't afford the price of a round trip plan ride to the windy city.

Not telling you what to do.
Its only a suggestion.

You can post it on here for the rest of us that can't afford the price of a round trip plan ride to the windy city.

Its only a suggestion.

Apo, be proactive instead of reactive!!! How informed and active are you and the gang in RCH? Have you talked to anyone in BUF, SYR, ANY, BNG? Have you completed the card check? If you haven't what are you people waiting on? An invitation!! The wait and see days are long gone. We have seen what the companies posture is on many issues......bend over, there driving. If your local does not have info readily available for you, press them to get it. Afterall they want us, well make them work for it. We will only be as strong as our weakest link. It's time to get involved ask tough questions and to carry the message. Because before you know it, a draft of the contract is going to be sitting on the table in RCH, and Lord knows if any of you will be capable of interpeting the language without prior investigations. Besides this, I'm sure you will have to begin a draft of the New York regional supplement. Actions speak volumes over words!!

It is not a heros job

Its only a suggestion.

Apostolic it has nothing to do with hero.it was posted to allow the drivers who belong to this message boards to get the headsup on whats going on in the central region that live in the chicago region to go and finaly get their questions or posers answered by the proper people and it was not posted to state in anyway that you would need a ticket to come here from another region that would be ludicris and not in proper communication . So an apology is given to you mabey misunderstanding the communication

I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way with my post reply oldtimer.

My Rochester terminal went to one of our local Teamster informational meetings just a few weekends ago.

It was more,or less a pep talk to hang in there.
That everything was going well with the barganing.
Other than that they either didn't know much more,or if they did they didn't say.

So if your meeting is anything like the one we had,I really hope you are able to find out more about the current process.
I understand only language is being agreed on to this point.
I know to go to the Teamsters web site for any current news.
So far we know the barganing started Sept 6th,of 2006 other than that who knows?

Again I'm very sorry for saying you could be our hero.
I didn't mean to be hurtful,by saying that.
I've got to engage my brain before I start typing on this message board.

Apo, be proactive instead of reactive!!! How informed and active are you and the gang in RCH? Have you talked to anyone in BUF, SYR, ANY, BNG? Have you completed the card check? If you haven't what are you people waiting on? An invitation!! The wait and see days are long gone. We have seen what the companies posture is on many issues......bend over, there driving. If your local does not have info readily available for you, press them to get it. Afterall they want us, well make them work for it. We will only be as strong as our weakest link. It's time to get involved ask tough questions and to carry the message. Because before you know it, a draft of the contract is going to be sitting on the table in RCH, and Lord knows if any of you will be capable of interpeting the language without prior investigations. Besides this, I'm sure you will have to begin a draft of the New York regional supplement. Actions speak volumes over words!!

YEAH, what he said!!!!!!!!!

Our local Teamsters says no cards are going to offered at this time.
Everyone is waiting for the UPS Freight contract to be complete.

Everything seems to be on hold?

But, But I thought being flexible was part of the vision.:hysterical: Speaking of the vision I miss it and cannot remember it. Can someone help me? To be the most,:hysterical:

Sorry about that BusterNite the old Overnite mission statement must of retired with Leo?

The first company magazine that was sent to our homes didn't have it anywhere?

It was Gordon,not Leo giving us our pep talk,and the old Overnite vision is gone.

Our local Teamsters says no cards are going to offered at this time.
Everyone is waiting for the UPS Freight contract to be complete.

Everything seems to be on hold?

If you need cards PM me with your name and address. I'll make sure you have enough cards for the whole stinken state. As a matter of fact I'll get them out UPS next day air. What kind of union is that...."no cards being offered at this time"? If you want to get there attention tell them no cards, no vote!! I'm sure they will be happy to provide them. What local # is that? Call the IBT in D.C. and ask for a national organizer.

Now theres no need to go ballistic hugnlug.
Our terminal attended this union informational meeting,and some of their information to us was wait till the contract is done to sign cards.
Everyone on this UPS freight forum has always blasted me,everytime I posted something asking about how the Indy contract was going.
All of the posters that have gotten on me for being in such a hurry.
Now a few of you same posters are telling all of us to hurry up,and sign cards?
I don't get it?
Whats the sudden rush for signed cards when the contract is still being bargained?

Holy fith wheels Bat Man keep your shirt!
Now all of you posters that have posted for me to hold my peace till this contract is done.
Please explain to me whats your rush with the cards?

Thanks A LOT skeeterhawk,we need that info,to see if we are all still looking for the vision.
Now which vision would this be my friend?

By the way its really nice to see a post from you.
Its been to long since you've shared anything with us UPS Freight haulers.

If you need cards PM me with your name and address. I'll make sure you have enough cards for the whole stinken state. As a matter of fact I'll get them out UPS next day air. What kind of union is that...."no cards being offered at this time"? If you want to get there attention tell them no cards, no vote!! I'm sure they will be happy to provide them. What local # is that? Call the IBT in D.C. and ask for a national organizer.

You know something, this is a bunch of $HIT. I am sorry for the profanity, but it is, someone in these locals need's to get there heads out of thier A$$e$, and when these info meeting's happen they need to tell us a little more then just a whoha, POM POMMIN, GO TEAMSTER'S event and give us the info we need.

Maybe this worked years ago, but it surely does not ring true with me. First of all I have to get my fat A$$ out of bed and go to the hall for them to tell us nothing, for the past 6 mths. It is really starting to get old, and HUG you are rite MAKE THEM WORK FOR US.

The problem here is they are too lax in this , I do not want too rush these people in INDY , but in effect of past event's they tell us all 8 term's in the ntheast is union once the contract is sighned in but they tell us nothing about it. I am sure they will when it is time to vote on suppliment's, but something should be happening regional, so we could all have some say.

Apo, all I'm saying this wait and see attitude is getting old. We had our meeting recently and other than the 4-1-07 deadline nothing else was of any real importance other than negotiations are going good. Well when asked questions, the local Pres. did his best to answer the questions, but of coarse it was done in a very neutral way so he would not get caught up in something that was taken out of context. So the employees at our barn are going to write out the questions and present them to our local well in advance of any future meetings. This way they will have time to research and address our concerns. We need to make them work for us. If you accept anything less, you'll get what you put into it. Also if I have offended anyone with this post or the thread I started "Time To Drive", I just want you to realize that this is our future and our company and should not be taken lightly.

New Hire Handbook

if you go to the upsers site and look at the new hire booklet, you will find that the vision is still intact.

Ya you are rite there skeeterhawk you said it in one mighty swell of the keyboard. THE NEW HIRE HANDBOOK EXPLAINS THE VISION TO NEW HIRES WHEN THE OLDTIMERS KNEW WHAT THE REAL VISION WAS WHEN HARDWOOD CHOCRANE FOUNDER AND CEO OF OVERNITE HAD DONE HIS VISION WAS FAIR TREATMENT,SENIORITY DID PREVAIL .
SO THE NEW HIRE HADBOOK IS EXACTLEY WHAT IT WAS PRINTED FOR NEW HIRES AND HOW THEY WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING BECAUSE THE BOGUS MANAGEMENT CAN B.S. THEIR WAYS INTO THEIR EVERYDAY JOB LIFE. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE.WHAT A JOKE THAT IS I apologize if it sounds rude but the truth is the old overnite employees knew the vision now what they need to see the vision with is a seeing eye dog:hysterical:

Ok, Here's the deal we are waiting to sign cards for two reasons. One we want to see what the contract with Indy is going to say specifically, right or wrong I want want to know what I am getting into first before I commit to anything. Now that may be chicken crap on my part but that's how I feel. Secondly our local out of RCH is #118 and they have never said that we can't sign cards. They are advising us what to do on info recieved from the national. I have been to every info meeting they have had and I really like there no pressure way of doing things. I respect that they are laying the cards on the table and letting the workers make the call on weather we need a union or not. Every meeting we have had UPS and Roadway guys have been there on there own time to answer questions and help out.
There is strong union support at RCH! Though management has gotten nicer since the buyout people are still very nervous and don't trust the company.
Just my two cents. I understand Apo's position but he is retiring in a few months and I have a long way to go before that happens.

Ok, Here's the deal we are waiting to sign cards for two reasons. One we want to see what the contract with Indy is going to say specifically, right or wrong I want want to know what I am getting into first before I commit to anything. Now that may be chicken crap on my part but that's how I feel. Secondly our local out of RCH is #118 and they have never said that we can't sign cards. They are advising us what to do on info recieved from the national. I have been to every info meeting they have had and I really like there no pressure way of doing things. I respect that they are laying the cards on the table and letting the workers make the call on weather we need a union or not. Every meeting we have had UPS and Roadway guys have been there on there own time to answer questions and help out.
There is strong union support at RCH! Though management has gotten nicer since the buyout people are still very nervous and don't trust the company.
Just my two cents. I understand Apo's position but he is retiring in a few months and I have a long way to go before that happens.

Signing cards, ONLY means that you are asking for representation. It does not mean that you have to take what they give you. When the contract is done, you will have a chance to read it and then a chance to vote on that contract. If you don't like what you see in the contract, you vote no on it. And it goes back to the table. I have a feeling that you will like what you see in this contract. After all, We as employee's have stated all the issues that needs to be corrected and thats what you will see in the contract.:smilie_132: