TForce | Chicagoland area notification of teamsters meeting

You know you guys are your own worse enemies. You talk about courage and try to make the people that are against the union look like they have no courage or are as you put it kool-aid drinking individuals.

What about the drivers that were shot and that had bottles thrown through their windshield. You can have your teamster courage I'll stay with the kool-aid drinkers.
:chairshot:

Skeeter no offence to you, I have actually enjoyed posting with you skeeter, I can honestly say this. Let's ponder upon a few thing's and I am sure alot will agree, "UPSF" people will agree. These people who had done, what they did during the last strike ,bottle throwing , name calling, shooting, hitting, keying, and so on and so on. These people are nothing more then CRIMINALS wether they have affiliation with the teamster's or not, they are nothing but, and alway's will be CRIMINALS, and if it happened to me in the again I would treat them as such.

Again, if HOFFA told me too kill someone in the name of the TEAMSTERS (not to say he did) I would tell him to get FU****. Even if it was at the cost of my liveleyhood. And again alot of TEAMSTER'S did not comply with the violence involved in the strike.The problem here is we have a tendancy of labeling people wich is a big problem in society today. "KOOLAID DRINKERS" "TEAMSTER KILLERS" Hipicritical at best.

When we were "O" Leo came through on alot of things, Things were not the best of coarse, but what company provides the best?

When there was a vision (and I know how alot of people hate hearing this statment)
I feel alot of people had hope in the company and that thing's was getting better.

We saw, Time and a half, and we were told "O" employees would never see it.
We saw better insurance, supplimental ins.
Vision Ins.
Dental
alot of the power units changed for the better, vans, pups etc.etc.
We had a working man's atmosphere where the TM more or less had to follow rules and a driver had reprieve by calling HR. when needed ,to rectify problems with MGNT. with no recoarse.
Raises every year, and more productive years meant more then the common $.50 a year.

"O" had done alot in the short time, I was there, every year things were better, and better, adding truth to "THE VISION".

I will be the first to admit, I was infact a "KOOLAID DRINKER" because it tasted good, and we had no reason too think otherwise.

NOW we get bought out, and things take a turn in a different direction.

The working mans rules is out the door with no reprieve, judgement is now turned over to TM'S ,not to say some lack good judgement but most is in tune with the #'s vs a stupid rule book.
Forget about calling HR they do not want to hear about it anymore.

Do not go out on short term if you live paycheck to paycheck.

No layover pay for the first three hour's.

Ins. has gone up and has managed to get worse in most cases in respect on what they want to payout. and in some occasions have to argue on the doctor's behalf for payment after submission.

The $.50 we recieved for cost of living raise , is the equivelent of charity when it comes to inflated ins. cost's.

And I could go on and on and on, alot has changed thus far, and I do not think things will be getting better anytime soon.
At the very least not in our favor.

We now work for a company that cares more about effeciency and #'s. Then the driver's well being.

Union's today can be compared to, Capitalism,Communism, Dictatership's, Kingships, and so on and so on. In theory all sound great, and are for the benifit of the people, but are nothing more than theory as opposed to in practice.

So please all, KOOLAID DRINKERS AND KILLER BAD BOY TEAMSTERS Is nothing more then stereotypes or LABEL'S . Please leave this home. A disagreement is fine but let's make the best of it.:1036316054: :1036316054:

Nice speech Accelerator.
I'm home on a vaction day because most of our turns were canceled last night due to the snow storm we are getting,as I type this message.

But back to the subject at hand.
We UPS Freight haulers have a different vision now.
We are UPSer's and its said that UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping,either get onboard,and hang on tight,or fall off and drown.

So this is the new vision we are on the (Tightest ship in shipping)
Do what UPS wants,the way they want it,and you'll have a job as long as you want.
Try to do what you want,the way you think it should be done.
Well it was nice knowing you,good luck in your next job.

Yup I agree with you hillbilly frog.
just words,thoughts, and opinons from faceless posters.
The only thing we know about each other is what we think of any given subject on this board.

If you are faced off with someone in person and you don't agree with them,you can either change the subject,walk way,or slap them up side the head.
When your on a message board and don't agree its just your opinion no matter how strong you agree,or disagree.
Just opinions,words that can't hurt anyone.
Gee wiz anyway we are not childern here.
If you really hate what you see than you need to look in the mirror to see what the problem is?

Yup I agree with you hillbilly frog.
just words,thoughts, and opinons from faceless posters.
The only thing we know about each other is what we think of any given subject on this board.

If you are faced off with someone in person and you don't agree with them,you can either change the subject,walk way,or slap them up side the head.
When your on a message board and don't agree its just your opinion no matter how strong you agree,or disagree.
Just opinions,words that can't hurt anyone.
Gee wiz anyway we are not childern here.
If you really hate what you see than you need to look in the mirror to see what the problem is?
U need to go preach to someone else.:chairshot:

Well you know just-me you seem to me like you have a bad attitude toward us non-union folks.
All you are doing in my opinion is driving a wadge between us UPS Freight workers,and your very strong opinion of us becoming Teamsters.
You know skeeterhawk knows what he's talking about.
The only way to receive friendship is to show yourself friendly.

Put your self in our shoes for a change.
Would you want to join an organization if everyone was as unfriendly as you seem to be?

Your right you didn't have to answer any of my questions,but you didn't have to snap back at me like you did.

This is also just my opinion,but it may be shared with other posters you have attached in your posts?

Well you know just-me you seem to me like you have a bad attitude toward us non-union folks.
All you are doing in my opinion is driving a wadge between us UPS Freight workers,and your very strong opinion of us becoming Teamsters.
You know skeeterhawk knows what he's talking about.
The only way to receive friendship is to show yourself friendly.

Put your self in our shoes for a change.
Would you want to join an organization if everyone was as unfriendly as you seem to be?

Your right you didn't have to answer any of my questions,but you didn't have to snap back at me like you did.

This is also just my opinion,but it may be shared with other posters you have attached in your posts?
I have been there,, If u must know I don't know t231 and yes I have 18 yrs in the Teamsters I have had a few company close down but I don't blame that on the Teamsters.I joined the Teamsters
in April 1979. I have had bad times and good with them .But I'm a Teamster all the way. I raised my Children on Teamster pay and Benny's. I will do what I can to try and get everyone to come on board with us. Also I get a little tired of all the put down's on the Teamsters all the time, U sir r the pot calling the kettle black, I have read ur posts many times and u have not been a nice person either at times..

I never blamed the Teamster for my last union company closing after I had just shy of 18 years with them.

The big three union companies started discounting the freight rates,which lead to the closing of a lot of good old Teamster union companies just after deregulation in 1980.

The Teamsters had nothing to do with all that nasty business back in the day.

I had other issues with my local Teamsters that could of,and should of helped me,but didn't.
I was a dues paying Teamster member in good standing my dues money went to help pay all of their salaries,but they wouldn't help me when I really needed them,so now I'm a non-union driver.

I don't have to call the pro-union people kool-aid drinkers just because I disagree with them. It wouldn't do my cause justice and neither does it do justice for your cause:1036316054: .

Oh but popping up in a thread and calling someone a wanna be is different how? And the thread had nothing to do with a union conversation.....So....the pot and the kettle are both black or only when it fits you?

You're right, Im not. I didn't word it right. I meant it wont be long before he get's himself into trouble.

AAAAAHHHHH ten!!!!! Thought we lost ya, and was going to have to call the EMTs for ya.....If you can back what you say with facts then there is no need to worry, RIGHT????