TForce | Chicagoland area notification of teamsters meeting

Why can't we just all get along?
We can agree to disagree.
We are all doing the best we can with the knowledge we have,we might not have the same opinions that everyone elses has so if I think strongly along a different way of thinking that doesn't mean everyone that doesn't think my way is stupid,or wrong.

Well thats my speach for tonight,what do you all think,about just trying to get along?

I GOT NO SOCKS ON!!!!:biglaugh:

What brought this line of thinking on you BusterNite?
Are you having a hard time dealling with something that has caused you to be wound to tight?
I hope the rest of your week will go better for you my friend.

there are only two teamsters terminals that are going to see that contract one is Indy and the other is Reno.......

the rest of you will have to sign cards first.

Good Day Gentleman and ladies:
Alot of folks have just speculation about the Indy contract well you can get your answers at the Teamsters Hall 705 Auditorium 1645 W. Jackson Street Chicago 2/11/2007 Time 1:00 P.M. This meeting is to answer your questions about the biggest fear YOUR Pension and other pertainent questions about seniority,overtime,etc. IF you are from SOH,AUR,PAL,CGO and you have questions and do not go then rely on 3rd patry info. That is about like playing russian roulette with 5 shells in the chamber.If you truly want to be informed then go if not then you have no one to blame but your selves.And I know that a couple of the devout anti union bashers who work at UPS Freight will put their 2cents in but this is AMERICA they have their rite to their opinion.Yes Folks believe it or not your interest in the UNION is strong why?Who made this happen well management who believes in doing it their way send the old timers home,cut deals with certain employees they like so they get their way and HOURS,New employess being filled with all kind of grand promises about do not worry about seniority this is an issue we dont have to worry about BECAUSE WE HAVE TO BE FLEXIABLE! Sorry folks any way you cut it garbage treatment is still garbage treat is still treatment.But with a contract and the truth being known see what happens when a few grievances get filed because of UPS FREIGHT FLEXIABILITY.OK folks lets keep it clean no bashing please just honest opinions and statements we are not children we are adults. :chairshot: :1036316054: :smilie_132:
Ok, U said it just fine..Brothers stick together, It won't long now..

New England is behind you Oldtimer. We have encouraged the nay saying kool-aid drinking individuals to attend all info meetings. At first many said NO!!! Now after being hit in the wallet a few times due to "flexibility" they all signed cards. And whats even more astonishing is that they are spreading the message and not the mess. To be honest, I truly do think that with all thats being done by the company, they do want a unionized freight division. Afterall structure is what corporate Brown thrives on and here it is chaos at its finest!!! Go IBT.
RITE ON BROTHER

I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way with my post reply oldtimer.

My Rochester terminal went to one of our local Teamster informational meetings just a few weekends ago.

It was more,or less a pep talk to hang in there.
That everything was going well with the barganing.
Other than that they either didn't know much more,or if they did they didn't say.

So if your meeting is anything like the one we had,I really hope you are able to find out more about the current process.
I understand only language is being agreed on to this point.
I know to go to the Teamsters web site for any current news.
So far we know the barganing started Sept 6th,of 2006 other than that who knows?

Again I'm very sorry for saying you could be our hero.
I didn't mean to be hurtful,by saying that.
I've got to engage my brain before I start typing on this message board.
The IBT & UPS R meeting the week of 02/12/2007 to talk some more on the contract,,

Signing cards, ONLY means that you are asking for representation. It does not mean that you have to take what they give you. When the contract is done, you will have a chance to read it and then a chance to vote on that contract. If you don't like what you see in the contract, you vote no on it. And it goes back to the table. I have a feeling that you will like what you see in this contract. After all, We as employee's have stated all the issues that needs to be corrected and thats what you will see in the contract.:smilie_132:
Yes u r correct on this topic,
Unite My Brothers

If teamsters are out collecting cards they are breaking an agreement and the cards will not be counted and will have to be re-signed and re-collected after Indy gets there contract
Who told u that crap..U r far from being correct. Cards can be collected now they r good for 1 yr. what's wrong with being ahead of things? As far as the union collecting cards they can do that .What AGREEMENT r u talking about ,,Indy was the terminal choosen so they had to leave us alone and let us get the cards signed without any problems

Sorry to break your bubble. We do not need the IBT to sign cards. The NLRB has said if we are seeking union representation, it is our legal right to organize. All the terminals in New England as a whole has signed the cards and is waiting in the wings on Indy.
That is Correct

You know you guys are your own worse enemies. You talk about courage and try to make the people that are against the union look like they have no courage or are as you put it kool-aid drinking individuals.

What about the drivers that were shot and that had bottles thrown through their windshield. You can have your teamster courage I'll stay with the kool-aid drinkers.
:chairshot:
So does this mean u will be leaving the company when the contract is done,So a IBT member can have a job??

I was woundering if just-me is a Teamster official?
He,or she whatever this poster is,sure knows how to talk the Teamster promo talk.
Sounds to me like someone who is completly comitted to the (International Brotherhood,of the Teamsters) big time.

there are only two teamsters terminals that are going to see that contract one is Indy and the other is Reno.......

the rest of you will have to sign cards first.

Signing cards first or being teamsters? If we sign cards without being organized, we will be able to see the contract?

Signing cards first or being teamsters? If we sign cards without being organized, we will be able to see the contract?
You can not see or vote on the contract until you sign cards. Signing cards does not mean that you are union. It means that you are seeking representation. Call your local union hall for more info.

I've signed two cards for two different areas (because I transfered). I just wanted to know if we can see it before my terminal get's organized. (if they are organized)

Signing cards used to mean with enough of a precentage of the terminal that signed up,ment there could be a vote to see if there was also enough of a precentage that wanted to be represented by the Teamsters.
the cards got the right to hold an election to vote the Teamsters as representing that terminal.

Enough cards got the right to vote,enough votes in favor of representation got you into the Teamsters union.

So if 90% signed cards there would be a vote.
If the 90% changed their minds,and voted against being organized than the Teamsters would of lost out.

Now I know thats the way it used to be.
It may be different now?
I've been out of the union over 20 years.

I've signed two cards for two different areas (because I transfered). I just wanted to know if we can see it before my terminal get's organized. (if they are organized)
Steve,
I'm sure that once the Indy Contract is negotiated and ratified it will be out there for all to see. It will be a huge factor in other terminals joining the Teamsters.