TForce | Chicagoland area notification of teamsters meeting

Apo, all I'm saying this wait and see attitude is getting old. We had our meeting recently and other than the 4-1-07 deadline nothing else was of any real importance other than negotiations are going good. Well when asked questions, the local Pres. did his best to answer the questions, but of coarse it was done in a very neutral way so he would not get caught up in something that was taken out of context. So the employees at our barn are going to write out the questions and present them to our local well in advance of any future meetings. This way they will have time to research and address our concerns. We need to make them work for us. If you accept anything less, you'll get what you put into it. Also if I have offended anyone with this post or the thread I started "Time To Drive", I just want you to realize that this is our future and our company and should not be taken lightly.

hugnlug, My experience with contract negotiations is that no information will be released until there is a finalized contract to bring to the members.

I know everyone wants details but information being released prematurely will only lead to rumors and speculation.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear but it's for the best in the long run.

Keep the faith Brother

hugnlug, My experience with contract negotiations is that no information will be released until there is a finalized contract to bring to the members.

I know everyone wants details but information being released prematurely will only lead to rumors and speculation.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear but it's for the best in the long run.

Keep the faith Brother

I truely understand what you are saying, And I Have no problem with your statement.

I also understand that releasing info is not the best practice for reasons you have mentioned as well as others of coarse.

But when a soon to be steward calls the hall too find out if there is any info in regards to this contract, and we are told yes, and then we get there and there is nothing to be heard, for 6 mth's. straight ,1 meeting per month, things have a tendancy of getting old..

We would rather have a meeting when there is something to be told. This is the actual problem. Not the fact of inpatience.

I mean the meeting's of coarse are great,
we have breakfast buffet's and there is alot of old freind's there , but we hear the same old same old.

Why the sour grapes in your post Accelerator?
At our union info meetings here in Rochester the Teamsters provide a nice breakfast spread of sweet danish,bagels,coffee,juice,and water.

We haven't learned much of anything about the Indy contract,but we've been informed on the area the suppliments will be taking care of.

We've also learned about the grevence process,when it comes to dealling with management.
I already know about this,but out of our whole terminal theres only one other driver thats had any time in the union.
But like my co-worker singlescrew says its a real nice informal setting with the Teamsters offering any advice we need in regards to being organized.
So even though we don't know any more about the custom made UPS Freight contract,these meetings aren't a total waste of time.

Why the sour grapes in your post Accelerator?
At our union info meetings here in Rochester the Teamsters provide a nice breakfast spread of sweet danish,bagels,coffee,juice,and water.

We haven't learned much of anything about the Indy contract,but we've been informed on the area the suppliments will be taking care of.

We've also learned about the grevence process,when it comes to dealling with management.
I already know about this,but out of our whole terminal theres only one other driver thats had any time in the union.
But like my co-worker singlescrew says its a real nice informal setting with the Teamsters offering any advice we need in regards to being organized.
So even though we don't know any more about the custom made UPS Freight contract,these meetings aren't a total waste of time.

I actually do not have sour grapes per say, if we had the same type of meeting you described above I think it would be productive. The breakfast and the way (to a scence) That they explain themselves is great.

Unfortunatly we are hearing alot of how the teamster's are great, no offence to those who are, but alot of us are curious about the operations of the teamster's and how we are going to fit in and again we hear nothing about this, and yes to a degree I am a bit perterbed at the fact that we are not more productive in these meetings.

Again we understand that we do not have a contract so everything to this point is speculation, but give us something.

If teamsters are out collecting cards they are breaking an agreement and the cards will not be counted and will have to be re-signed and re-collected after Indy gets there contract

I was at the Greensboro NC hub yesterday and the feeder drivers down there never even heard of APWA. I guess the are another forgotten item already

If teamsters are out collecting cards they are breaking an agreement and the cards will not be counted and will have to be re-signed and re-collected after Indy gets there contract
Sorry to break your bubble. We do not need the IBT to sign cards. The NLRB has said if we are seeking union representation, it is our legal right to organize. All the terminals in New England as a whole has signed the cards and is waiting in the wings on Indy.

I was at the Greensboro NC hub yesterday and the feeder drivers down there never even heard of APWA. I guess the are another forgotten item already

Thats pretty bad because I'm pretty sure the 2 UPS men that refuse to pay dues but still collect all the benefits of the union contract are from NC. :hysterical: :hysterical:

The last pro-apwa poster got banned after a handfull of posts. Be carefull UPGFgvl.

And who would that be steve? To the best of my knowledge no APWA supporter has been banned.

Secondly, If any member is banned it's because they violated Truckingboard rules. No member has ever been banned because they had unpopular opinions.

And who would that be steve? To the best of my knowledge no APWA supporter has been banned.

Secondly, If any member is banned it's because they violated Truckingboard rules. No member has ever been banned because they had unpopular opinions.

They were actually spammers CFER.

Check your pm.

New England is behind you Oldtimer. We have encouraged the nay saying kool-aid drinking individuals to attend all info meetings. At first many said NO!!! Now after being hit in the wallet a few times due to "flexibility" they all signed cards. And whats even more astonishing is that they are spreading the message and not the mess. To be honest, I truly do think that with all thats being done by the company, they do want a unionized freight division. Afterall structure is what corporate Brown thrives on and here it is chaos at its finest!!! Go IBT.

You know you guys are your own worse enemies. You talk about courage and try to make the people that are against the union look like they have no courage or are as you put it kool-aid drinking individuals.

What about the drivers that were shot and that had bottles thrown through their windshield. You can have your teamster courage I'll stay with the kool-aid drinkers.
:chairshot:

You know you guys are your own worse enemies. You talk about courage and try to make the people that are against the union look like they have no courage or are as you put it kool-aid drinking individuals.

What about the drivers that were shot and that had bottles thrown through their windshield. You can have your teamster courage I'll stay with the kool-aid drinkers.
:chairshot:

Skeeter, I know you remember all that trash talk back and forth that the boards had on this. This wasn't Teamsters and this wasn't Overnite employees. This was criminals!!! Plain pure and simple. This would be like saying that a certain race, creed or religious orientation is all the same because of a few who break the law. My point is to me a kool-aid drinker is brainwashed into thinking the company's word is the only truth. Are you brainwashed?

Skeeter, I know you remember all that trash talk back and forth that the boards had on this. This wasn't Teamsters and this wasn't Overnite employees. This was criminals!!! Plain pure and simple. This would be like saying that a certain race, creed or religious orientation is all the same because of a few who break the law. My point is to me a kool-aid drinker is brainwashed into thinking the company's word is the only truth. Are you brainwashed?

I don't have to call the pro-union people kool-aid drinkers just because I disagree with them. It wouldn't do my cause justice and neither does it do justice for your cause:1036316054: .

Why can't we just all get along?
We can agree to disagree.
We are all doing the best we can with the knowledge we have,we might not have the same opinions that everyone elses has so if I think strongly along a different way of thinking that doesn't mean everyone that doesn't think my way is stupid,or wrong.

Well thats my speach for tonight,what do you all think,about just trying to get along?