TForce | Christmas pay is a scam

And you will be labeled a disgruntled union worker, just as they are doing to the UAW in the auto industry.

The last thing you want to do is let our customers know we are unhappy or fighting with the company.

Just becuase the company wants to work outside of the bounds set in the contract that they wanted, doesn't mean we should, That is gonna be the first thing a panel or arbitraitor looks at is who stayed in the guidelines.

If both parties go outside of the guidelines set by the contract then the grievance could be thrown out.

I think when a company want to cheat you out of three days pay on christmas and make you decide between toys for your kids or your mortgage all bets are off.Where in this contract does it say I can't just tell the truth.

I think I have this christmas pay figuired out, the email that was passed around is used to scare people into using a vacation day or discretionary day on friday, alot of people will do this and there the ones who are gonna get screwed, they will be paid wednesday thursday and friday, but will be out of a vacation day.

I am gonna file a grievance on the guaranteed 40 hours rule and be paid wednsday thursday and friday, and cash out my discretionary days.

Don't fall for this trap.

I am going to hold a card game in the breakroom ON THE 23RD, AND THE 26TH of Dec. Come one ,come all, and we will ride the greivance wave. Little cribbage maybe, Texas Holdem, BINGO. Come one come all and enjoy the holiday festivities in the name of LABOR FAIRNESS.

I am going to hold a card game in the breakroom ON THE 23RD, AND THE 26TH of Dec. Come one ,come all, and we will ride the greivance wave. Little cribbage maybe, Texas Holdem, BINGO. Come one come all and enjoy the holiday festivities in the name of LABOR FAIRNESS.

Good luck on the 26th if your terminal is locked down so nobody can get in.

I really dont understand why no one looked at the calendar in 2007, saw xmas was on wed and thur. and said to themselves, " self', we'll be pretty slow that day, I'd better take a Vacation or disc. Day so I can get a 5 day weekend!" I did that and so did 95% of our employees, I have done this every year for 25 years on all holidays, even when I was just a 1 week newbee. Did you really think we would work Friday after xmas? We have 2 customers open, and they are not shipping.This wouldnt be a big deal if you had thought it out earlier, I'm already planning time off for 2010.

I really dont understand why no one looked at the calendar in 2007, saw xmas was on wed and thur. and said to themselves, " self', we'll be pretty slow that day, I'd better take a Vacation or disc. Day so I can get a 5 day weekend!" I did that and so did 95% of our employees, I have done this every year for 25 years on all holidays, even when I was just a 1 week newbee. Did you really think we would work Friday after xmas? We have 2 customers open, and they are not shipping.This wouldnt be a big deal if you had thought it out earlier, I'm already planning time off for 2010.

You are not really siding with the company on this issue, are you??? Teamster Elvis out....

when put to work means is that they can't satisfy the 40 hr guarantee by working you 3 10 hr days and then working you a 6.5 hr day and then a 3.5 hour day. File the 40 hr guarantee grievance if you have no more paid time, if not play it safe and use your paid time off. Until we get this B.S. figured out.

I'll be filing one too. This is total crap and even our TM agrees with us.

We didn't even know we were going to be union,much less have a contract when the vacation days and etc. were decided on. We always got paid the holiday pay no matter what the circumstances. Past practices and 5 work days and guaranteed 40 demands holiday pay be honored and not taken from us via unscrupulous tricks. If they want to save money,park the Safety/Security vehicles instead of wasting fuel following us around,and trespassing on other peoples property to make "unannounced observations".

Our big meeting happened today.
I'll find out the details on operation "How I got Candy Caned in the Brown" and post them if no one else does.
Our TM also agreed, not paying us for Chirstmas is bull crap and that the UPS contract loophole finders are hovering on one fricken word. "When"

Our big meeting happened today.
I'll find out the details on operation "How I got Candy Caned in the Brown" and post them if no one else does.
Our TM also agreed, not paying us for Chirstmas is bull crap and that the UPS contract loophole finders are hovering on one fricken word. "When"

I'm still waiting to see what happens with Thanksgiving pay. They could tell you to stay home tomorrow night because of lack of freight and then not pay you for the holiday. Bingo, they have now set the precident for not paying people at Christmas! :nono:

I'm still waiting to see what happens with Thanksgiving pay. They could tell you to stay home tomorrow night because of lack of freight and then not pay you for the holiday. Bingo, they have now set the precident for not paying people at Christmas! :nono:

not by any stretch of the imagination.

Most employee's assumed we would be paid for all 9 paid Holiday's as we have always been paid for them. No one saw this coming and many employee's have used up all their time as most of us try to use them up by the end of the year. And some have used them all up do to any lack of work that came about. I fully expect these Holidays to be paid as usual rather than the company ending up in court.

Most employee's assumed we would be paid for all 9 paid Holiday's as we have always been paid for them. No one saw this coming and many employee's have used up all their time as most of us try to use them up by the end of the year. And some have used them all up do to any lack of work that came about. I fully expect these Holidays to be paid as usual rather than the company ending up in court.

This is nothing more then vindictivness for going union. I wish someone would grow up and march on to make this company worthy of sharing the sheild.

We have allot of good people in this company who want to see nothing more then its success, I for one , is one of those people, no one wants to be working for a failing company, the unfortunate truth is, when the upper echalon does something as stupid as this, and it is stupid, CHILDISH, What kind of message is this sending.

This is nothing more then someone at the top saying HA HA you went union now it's time to get you back, if they had followed the rules they put in place to begin with, this never would have happened, so be inmature, hope for the best, and hopefully these 5 year old antics do not cost this company.

This is nothing more then vindictivness for going union. I wish someone would grow up and march on to make this company worthy of sharing the shield.

We have allot of good people in this company who want to see nothing more then its success, I for one , is one of those people, no one wants to be working for a failing company, the unfortunate truth is, when the upper echelon does something as stupid as this, and it is stupid, CHILDISH, What kind of message is this sending.

This is nothing more then someone at the top saying HA HA you went union now it's time to get you back, if they had followed the rules they put in place to begin with, this never would have happened, so be immature, hope for the best, and hopefully these 5 year old antics do not cost this company.
...spot on my friend you nailed it to the wall.And if the truth be known this decision probably ain't setting to well with the shirts that have any inkling where this crap could lead.

Wonder who this brainiac was that thought up this stupidity might need to start looking at signatures and the powers at be having a conference with his boss...mngt is chging system wide,maybe this guy needs a career adjustment...

This is nothing more then vindictivness for going union. I wish someone would grow up and march on to make this company worthy of sharing the sheild.

We have allot of good people in this company who want to see nothing more then its success, I for one , is one of those people, no one wants to be working for a failing company, the unfortunate truth is, when the upper echalon does something as stupid as this, and it is stupid, CHILDISH, What kind of message is this sending.

This is nothing more then someone at the top saying HA HA you went union now it's time to get you back, if they had followed the rules they put in place to begin with, this never would have happened, so be inmature, hope for the best, and hopefully these 5 year old antics do not cost this company.

I agree, you power nailed it to the wall!
UPS knows they are being scrooges.
It's nothing more than a way to demoralize the unionized employee and make them resent UPS for taking simple, innocent, unassuming contract words out of context.
It will also make the "above and beyond" workers do the bare minimum.

I love UPS and feel this is the greatest job I have had to date, but I am really starting to see what the Parcel guys have been talking about. UPS will nit pick and change the meaning of the contract language on the fly.

I'm not so sure that this Holiday pay issue is in retaliation because we went union. After all it was our own company (UPS) that opened the door for us to organize. I also don't believe that its some old disgruntled Overnite manager making the decision regarding pay. I believe its as simple as the company following the contract language to there advantage. Remember UPS knows how to make money. Unfortunately we have some grey areas in the contract and the company WILL use it to their advantage. They have been doing this for 100 years. We the employee's will learn many lessons in the next 4 1/2 years and will be well prepared to repair some of these grey areas in the next contract.

I'm not so sure that this Holiday pay issue is in retaliation because we went union. After all it was our own company (UPS) that opened the door for us to organize. I also don't believe that its some old disgruntled Overnite manager making the decision regarding pay. I believe its as simple as the company following the contract language to there advantage. Remember UPS knows how to make money. Unfortunately we have some grey areas in the contract and the company WILL use it to their advantage. They have been doing this for 100 years. We the employee's will learn many lessons in the next 4 1/2 years and will be well prepared to repair some of these grey areas in the next contract.

Another power-nailed reply!
I also agree with your opinion.
We do have very minor contract leaks that need plugging, our contract was a rush to judgement, but overall it benefits the majority and mostly the retirees.
I guess we are all learning how UPS can dissect a contract to their advantage and this will make us that much wiser the next time around.
Lot's of notes being taken on this learning lesson.

Gone are the "Lack of Work" excused absences?
We now have to save a few paid days for those middle of the week holidays.

Another power-nailed reply!
I also agree with your opinion.
We do have very minor contract leaks that need plugging, our contract was a rush to judgement, but overall it benefits the majority and mostly the retirees.
I guess we are all learning how UPS can dissect a contract to their advantage and this will make us that much wiser the next time around.
Lot's of notes being taken on this learning lesson.

Gone are the "Lack of Work" excused absences?
We now have to save a few paid days for those middle of the week holidays.

This is by far NOT a done deal .And as far as plugging leaks I am looking forward to Dec 5. I think the leaks will be in UPS. wallet.:nutkick: