FedEx Freight | City Driver Stuff

The other alternative, and yes, I have seen this, where someone goes out along their trailer, drops their drawers, and holds onto the bottom of the trailer rail, and leaves the customer a notice of dissatisfaction with their policy on restrooms on the ground.

CgaIxGW.jpg

Wong's turd shed????

Pretty much what I see at at one of my stops !
Just damn tired of the disrespect all around.

Your biggest hurdle with the vacation pay is that it's based off of 40 hours per week. By paying you overtime you're already getting the extra compensation up front. If they paid you on your annual income, obviously that would be more then 40 hours. Whereas road drivers make straight millage pay for the run whether it takes 8 hours or 12. All that being said, maybe a compromise of paying you on an average hourly scale. So your vacation pay would be based on the amount of hours you averaged per week. The elephant in the room here is that all hours for vacation pay would be straight regular pay... no OT. But it would be better then the system you have now.

The Cali situation is going to be fun to watch. So many variables to contend with. I don't believe the give and take of millage is gone, I think it's wearing a different shade of lip stick. When get down to the nitty gritty, It's just an average of what millage would pay, same as they gry now for the most part.

Easiest way to fix the hourly/OT compensation question in vacation is to take a driver's wages from the previous 52 weeks, divide it by 52 to get a weekly average, then divide that by 5 to get a daily average. Then you takes your vacation days as you sees fit.

Easiest way to fix the hourly/OT compensation question in vacation is to take a driver's wages from the previous 52 weeks, divide it by 52 to get a weekly average, then divide that by 5 to get a daily average. Then you takes your vacation days as you sees fit.

Long time no see... :1036316054:you may have missed it, but starting 1-1-17, that's how our vacation benefit will be calculated. We covered it in a couple of other threads. I'm still looking forward to using that one.:bouncy:

Long time no see... :1036316054:you may have missed it, but starting 1-1-17, that's how our vacation benefit will be calculated. We covered it in a couple of other threads. I'm still looking forward to using that one.:bouncy:
Not wanting to beat a "dead horse" but that new benefit doesn't apply for the city drivers at our center...

Not wanting to beat a "dead horse" but that new benefit doesn't apply for the city drivers at our center...
Yet?

I want to ask why, but expect the conventional wisdom to blame negotiations. I would think that a solid case could be made... Never mind.

There must be some strategy at play, or alternate gain sought. I hope the parties effected are actually participating in the process. Beyond that, I've got no standing in the matter, or inside scoop to share.

Yet?

I want to ask why, but expect the conventional wisdom to blame negotiations. I would think that a solid case could be made... Never mind.

There must be some strategy at play, or alternate gain sought. I hope the parties effected are actually participating in the process. Beyond that, I've got no standing in the matter, or inside scoop to share.
Yet would be correct but for other reasons of course...

Blame negotiations?? Naw, I'd say that was a choice, there's no one to "blame" but those who made that decision IMO...

Most are participating, they're waiting to exercise their right to vote again...

Since we're "skating on thin ice", lets change the subject...have you or any of the other city drivers received their new vacation wage rate for next year??
I got mine today!! :1036316054: