XPO | Con-way actively looking to sell itself

I'm still very intrigued by the fact that this may be rumor and speculation , but the fact of the matter is that Financial Times dot com seems to have gone out on a limb by reporting a merger ( or possibly going private). Apparently it caused quite a raucous for senior management to respond with memos to rebuke the entire article. Where it all goes from here is any body's guess.

I'm still very intrigued by the fact that this may be rumor and speculation , but the fact of the matter is that Financial Times dot com seems to have gone out on a limb by reporting a merger ( or possibly going private). Apparently it caused quite a raucous for senior management to respond with memos to rebuke the entire article. Where it all goes from here is any body's guess.

You know something, I get a kick at all of these articles and thier referrance too who is buying who, and what the big deals are , and why they should do this, and that ,doing nothing more then just fortune telling.

I can get 40 or more articles in referrance to what fedex should have done, and did not.

Sorry I am not mocking you, I just find it funny.....

10-4, you have me there, I still think there is an underlying reason as to why they have not been bought before though, except for menlo, the company as a whole was making very good monies.

And with the amount of monies they were\are earning , I am quite sure the shareholders would not have waited long for thier returns.

But I would have to ask ,the total emphises for a perspective buyer is placed on LTL\TL , and that only? In the 3PL vision with most playing companies at this point, one would think the whole entity would have been an attractive buy.

I think it boils down to they are just over priced. Plain and simple. They can play hard ball for now. But I hope it don't come back to bite them.

conway down the tubes, that would be a sad day......YEAH RIGHT.........:smilie_132:

I don't think that is what anybody is thinking. Well, The ones that can think. LOL! What is Conway right now over a 4 billion dollar company. It started in what 1982 or 1983 I forget. But didn't it start on the west coast first???

Double Amen Brother!!

*Word on the street is to avoid Con-way as an employment source unless you want the driving experience.
*Con-way is not as threatening as they once were. Big players are now UPS and FedEx and the LTL company that DHL buys out.

I hope it's FedEx that buys Conway. Not UPS...:hide:

I saw that also :biglaugh: In fact I saw the white jail bus come in and let people out on a work release program with monitoring bracelets and anklets.
I saw three FedEx drivers, all at different locations. I talked to them. They told me, "You guys are no longer a threat to us, we are so much better than you guys"
I didn't know what to say because I truly believed them.

....okay back to the original topic of Con-way actively looking to sell itself.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Without getting too deep into the reasons why. (Because there are many many topics already being discussed) YES!
With the amount of views the Con-way section gets daily compared to others, YES! Houston We Have A Major Malfunction!
Is it that Con-way members are all just a bunch of whiners? Everyone has there whiners at Con-way it depends on the seniority level and how it effects those certain people . The majority, if not all of the complaints are 100% true!
I stuck around because I was afforded an opportunity to prove myself.
I came on board fresh out of a CDL school. I felt indebted to a company that gave me a chance. 110% everyday, no sick days used.
I made it all the way to top scale and watched as things improve in the efficiency department as well as the sudden "benefit take-aways" etc.
When you stick it out and make it to top scale, some guys just can't afford to restart a career at a lower payrate because they have mortgages, car payments etc. to pay.

I once believed we were the King of the (non-u word) LTL world and no one could touch our benefits, payscale and service product.
Now that the competition is fierce and other LTL players have entered the arena we have been targeted and will continue to be targeted until we shrivel up. We've lost so many good employees to UPSF,FedEx and YRC.
I get tired of hearing from our customers that we are over-priced and that our competition can do it cheaper with less damage.
I get insulted when I hear from our competition that Con-way is the driving school for them.
There is so much more that it is no longer worth saying it anymore. Most of the members have already posted it. I'm pretty sure the resentment of the company comes from the larger more mismanaged terminals. The consistent unprofessional behavior of certain managers and supervisors. The unwillingness of the company as a whole to be competitive and retain their drivers.
You know the almighty catch phrase, "If you don't like it quit?" Well thats what I did. The postive attitude I once had disappeared and coming to work was no longer fun.

I will tell you guys this. If you do your LTL research and research it well. Some members in here are spot on with their vast knowledge and goings on with the company.
The grass is greener on the otherside.
Don't let yourself become your own prisoner.
Where do you see yourself 5 years from now let alone next year?

.....nuff said...Goodbye to all the great Con-way people on here and goodluck to the newbies! Try to stay positive.
Thanks XGO and higher for reading, I hope I was able to enlighten you.

.....back to the original topic of Con-way actively looking to sell itself.

:hysterical: You're killing me driver...

I think it boils down to they are just over priced. Plain and simple. They can play hard ball for now. But I hope it don't come back to bite them.

Well I must say I am rite there with you on comming back too bite them, there will be alot of employees out on the street, no one needs that.....

I don't think that is what anybody is thinking. Well, The ones that can think. LOL! What is Conway right now over a 4 billion dollar company. It started in what 1982 or 1983 I forget. But didn't it start on the west coast first???

was.......not is ..........:smilie_132:

Calling names???

Maybe if your precious company treated their employees like people instead of like orangutans then maybe they would have something nice to say
I don't appreciate your name calling - I don't go to threads to call people names or cry about a company I DON'T work at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:nono: :hand: :thumbsdown:

not a 4 billion company anymore.....was...not is and wont be again.........:1036316054:

Well, The LTL freight part will bring a pretty penny someone will have to shell out. I think the buyer will have to have pretty deep pockets. If it does sell it will probably be UPS, FedEx, or DHL would be my guess.