XPO | Con-way actively looking to sell itself

I understand that at some service centers that the letter that was posted last week in now a poster on the massage center. Why would they make a big deal and waste money to tell us that were not for sale. This go back to that whole rubber thing. You don't put one on unless your going to .( really, really bad word that is a lot of fun or you tell your co-worker to do it to him self). Just a thought.

I understand that at some service centers that the letter that was posted last week in now a poster on the massage center. Why would they make a big deal and waste money to tell us that were not for sale. This go back to that whole rubber thing. You don't put one on unless your going to .( really, really bad word that is a lot of fun or you tell your co-worker to do it to him self). Just a thought.

(use it) that's not that bad. Press on

It is a poster in our service center. I think one reason they come out with this strong statement is that Conway has lost so many drivers in certain areas and the driver pool has gotten smaller they didn't want any of us to jump ship.

:smilie_132: Jump ship.......we had two new hires come on board last week and they lasted exactly one day.This is a bad deal,we are so understaffed it is really getting old having to work 13.5-14 every day and be ready to hit the clock as soon as your ten is up.I have been around for a while,but I am seriously considering a change.Enough of my whining,I think that there is more going on with this stuff being reported that we are looking to sell than is visible on the surface.It seemed like a huge reaction to something that is supposedly not true.I used to work for another large corp.and we as employees knew something was up way before it happened.The more we asked mgmt.what was going on the more adament they were that everything was A OK and not to worry.We were called into work one morning for a "safety meeting" and were told you are now unemployed.Maybe I'm paranoid,but I see a lot of simalarities here.That's my .02 and it's probably not worth what you paid for it.

I don't think that is what anybody is thinking. Well, The ones that can think. LOL! What is Conway right now over a 4 billion dollar company. It started in what 1982 or 1983 I forget. But didn't it start on the west coast first???

con-way said:
The first two Con-way carriers -- Con-way Western Express (CWX) and Con-way Central Express (CCX) – together started in 1983 with a fleet of 334 trucks, tractors and trailers, 155 employees and 23 service centers. On their first day of business they handled a combined 118 shipments.
https://freight.con-way.com/aboutCTS/history.html

It is a poster in our service center. I think one reason they come out with this strong statement is that Conway has lost so many drivers in certain areas and the driver pool has gotten smaller they didn't want any of us to jump ship.
150 to 200 driver short a night i have been told. The fault is on them. If we had more trust in the actions and words of our management with better communication there would be a lot less miss trust. I know a large number of drivers who are waiting on phone calls to start new job's, Are looking for new jobs and have already quit. Most of them have three or more years in and vast number of them are very hard working employee's. The higher up drivers say, Why should i stay here when i can get a pension somewhere else. The one on the lower side don't like the why they are treated and see what we have lost and are saying why stick around and see what they will take next. The economic terminations of last year didn't help either with there well planed rate increase that ran off a large number of our best customers. Of the eleven drivers that got dumped at XCO, only three came back. Of that 8 that didn't came back and now have new driving jobs. How many of that 8 our speaking of Conway in a positive light while driving down the roads of this great land?

150 to 200 driver short a night i have been told. The fault is on them. If we had more trust in the actions and words of our management with better communication there would be a lot less miss trust. I know a large number of drivers who are waiting on phone calls to start new job's, Are looking for new jobs and have already quit. Most of them have three or more years in and vast number of them are very hard working employee's. The higher up drivers say, Why should i stay here when i can get a pension somewhere else. The one on the lower side don't like the why they are treated and see what we have lost and are saying why stick around and see what they will take next. The economic terminations of last year didn't help either with there well planed rate increase that ran off a large number of our best customers. Of the eleven drivers that got dumped at XCO, only three came back. Of that 8 that didn't came back and now have new driving jobs. How many of that 8 our speaking of Conway in a positive light while driving down the roads of this great land?

NONE :smilie_132: Con-Way is getting a BAD reputation out their, who the hell would come here and be treatred like s#@t...Not to mention what are they going to take next. I wonder if customers care about the way Con-Way treats its employees???

man you guys got it rough back east I like Conway alot its been very good to me I quit Roadway to come here and Ive never regretted it by the way Conway opened for buisiness 16 may 1983 as far as being bought out could get better could get worse bottom line I was lookin for job when I came here and with 130 % annual turnover rate in our industry I dont think it would that hard to find anouther job

man you guys got it rough back east I like Conway alot its been very good to me I quit Roadway to come here and Ive never regretted it by the way Conway opened for buisiness 16 may 1983 as far as being bought out could get better could get worse bottom line I was lookin for job when I came here and with 130 % annual turnover rate in our industry I dont think it would that hard to find anouther job

I don't think any company out there is breaking records right now. Even if it is true Conway is looking to sell itself doesn't mean a negative. It could be a very big positive to Conway and who ever buys it.
Maybe the thing they see down the road is UPS, FedEx, and DHL with the money they have behind them it is better to sell not and get more.

Time will tell!!!

the 5.3 years to top scale is also not helping get drivers.why come here and wait 5.3 years when you can go to any other trucking company a be at top scale in 2 yrs.

It takes 3 years at UPS freight.

When I hired on with Overnite back in 1986 it only took 1&1/2 years.
But the startng pay then was only $9.22 per hour,also straight time,never any overtime,no matter how many hours were worked.

It takes 3 years at UPS freight.

When I hired on with Overnite back in 1986 it only took 1&1/2 years.
But the startng pay then was only $9.22 per hour,also straight time,never any overtime,no matter how many hours were worked.

I believe it's 2 years now AP. Or 18 months is what I hear...

Don't be so defensive. The man said "like orangutans" not that you were.

I am defensive -- I constantly read on these threads all the name calling and hate for people and its gets really old -- I don't expect people to be goody two shoes but to have someone come on the CONWAY site that does not work here or has quit for whatever reason but can't let go of bashing the company and tell us what losers we are for staying ----- I say grow up, give up, and leave us alone!!!!!:soapbox: :wavey:

I am defensive -- I constantly read on these threads all the name calling and hate for people and its gets really old -- I don't expect people to be goody two shoes but to have someone come on the CONWAY site that does not work here or has quit for whatever reason but can't let go of bashing the company and tell us what losers we are for staying ----- I say grow up, give up, and leave us alone!!!!!
:duh: :duh: :duh: :butt kiss:

That is what is happening. People are leaving.

Mr cruzer I personally could careless about you and your Conway Kool Aid. Growing up is something I did long ago. I at least know when someone has called me a name or has said that the company I work for treats me LIKE something. You sir are the one that needs to try to use your brain before you engage your mouth. If you have anything more to say to me about this subject take it to a PM.

Too much bashing!

As I said before there's too much bashing on these threads to waste my time and since hillbilly frig must be one of the original members with over 4000 entries I ask that Jeff take my name off as a user of the unofficial LTL trucking company forum --- negative comments are a dime a dozen and life is too short!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun with all the hate speech --- maybe it will keep people from going postal?