XPO | Con-way actively looking to sell itself

So is Con-way actively looking to sell itself??? I don't see it happening.
:hide: That is a question only the top brass can answer, and they will, right after it is a done deal.
As far as appearances goes, it appears they are positioning us for a sale.
Freezing the pension, ending sick days, combining the three LTL'S, vastly enhancing the golden parachutes for top execs, and other things that have happened all make us more desireable as a buyout target.
These same things are called "growing with the times" by upper management.
With the YRC growth, and the FDX growth, we are a much smaller LTL player than we were 2 years ago. This leads me to believe that we will either be bought, or we will buy someone. :smilie_132:

:hide: That is a question only the top brass can answer, and they will, right after it is a done deal.
As far as appearances goes, it appears they are positioning us for a sale.
Freezing the pension, ending sick days, combining the three LTL'S, vastly enhancing the golden parachutes for top execs, and other things that have happened all make us more desireable as a buyout target.
These same things are called "growing with the times" by upper management.
With the YRC growth, and the FDX growth, we are a much smaller LTL player than we were 2 years ago. This leads me to believe that we will either be bought, or we will buy someone. :smilie_132:

Hopefully we are the ones who are bought,We need a change of attitude toward our employees...

So is Con-way actively looking to sell itself??? I don't see it happening.

OHHHH Its happening, This has been in the cards for quite some time. Not only CONWAY, but many others who want too make big bucks, and be involved in the 3PL game.....

Now comming to a theater near you.....

Mr cruzer I personally could careless about you and your Conway Kool Aid. Growing up is something I did long ago. I at least know when someone has called me a name or has said that the company I work for treats me LIKE something. You sir are the one that needs to try to use your brain before you engage your mouth. If you have anything more to say to me about this subject take it to a PM.

Nappy headed frog always starting trouble:biglaugh:

man you guys got it rough back east I like Conway alot its been very good to me I quit Roadway to come here and Ive never regretted it by the way Conway opened for buisiness 16 may 1983 as far as being bought out could get better could get worse bottom line I was lookin for job when I came here and with 130 % annual turnover rate in our industry I dont think it would that hard to find anouther job

I doubt many would quit a full time job at Roadway to go to ConWay, more like; you were a casual at Roadway, and ConWay would hire you full time on the spot. CF, CNF, Conway, all of those names has graced the corner of a large office building here in Portland, OR. This company was at one time so big that they were considered by many to be a monopoly.
Con-way - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know where you come up with a %130 annual turnover rate, but I would guess that would include all trucking if even that. It would not be hard to find another job, but why when you can just make the one you have better?

Skeeter, I belive 3pl means Third Party Logistics.

Accelerator, What do you mean by 3PL?

Lets use UPGF as an example, Look at the white board commercial's and not any on UTUBE (ALTHOUGH QUITE FUNNY) .

This man draws a pallet, that pallet ( of freight ) get's picked up by UPGF in Umbagog Ohio, and gets delivered in Secaucus NJ, to a UPS warehouse , there it will sit until it gets custom's clearance, then it will hop a container, through Elizabeth NJ, and will be trucked and booked by SCS ( Supply Chain Solutions, FORMERLY EMERY) then this pallet will be consolidated into a container headed to another pier, lets say in china, there it will be broken down at port and hauled to a UPS SCS warehouse again, and be delivered by UPGF china.

Everything is handled by UPS, One Company, One delivery service, and also the technology for realtime tracking , that will show you when and where your pallet arrives.And truetime for port of entry.

This example, although windy, explains what a third party logistics company is , Same with small package, and airfreight.
3PL. Same company worldwide.

UPS is the biggest in the game thus far, Fedex, and Evergreen are rite behind us.

I doubt many would quit a full time job at Roadway to go to ConWay, more like; you were a casual at Roadway, and ConWay would hire you full time on the spot. CF, CNF, Conway, all of those names has graced the corner of a large office building here in Portland, OR. This company was at one time so big that they were considered by many to be a monopoly.
Con-way - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know where you come up with a %130 annual turnover rate, but I would guess that would include all trucking if even that. It would not be hard to find another job, but why when you can just make the one you have better?

Skeeter, I belive 3pl means Third Party Logistics.

I agree with your statement, but what is this 130% turnover in referrance too. It can't be drivers, and if it is, I would like a chance to argue the point in referrance.

Sounds a little tough, with no boundries.

Lets use UPGF as an example, Look at the white board commercial's and not any on UTUBE (ALTHOUGH QUITE FUNNY) .

This man draws a pallet, that pallet ( of freight ) get's picked up by UPGF in Umbagog Ohio, and gets delivered in Secaucus NJ, to a UPS warehouse , there it will sit until it gets custom's clearance, then it will hop a container, through Elizabeth NJ, and will be trucked and booked by SCS ( Supply Chain Solutions, FORMERLY EMERY) then this pallet will be consolidated into a container headed to another pier, lets say in china, there it will be broken down at port and hauled to a UPS SCS warehouse again, and be delivered by UPGF china.

Everything is handled by UPS, One Company, One delivery service, and also the technology for realtime tracking , that will show you when and where your pallet arrives.And truetime for port of entry.

This example, although windy, explains what a third party logistics company is , Same with small package, and airfreight.
3PL. Same company worldwide.

UPS is the biggest in the game thus far, Fedex, and Evergreen are rite behind us.

This also applies too companies like, roadway, yellow, abf, conway, burlington northern etc. etc. Any company shipping worlwide, with or without contracts with other carriers on different continents to deliver freight small package etc. etc. I was incorrect stating 1 co. world wide, sorry for the mistake.

If the news article is "patently false and baseless" why then is it not removed from the internet? Could it truly be possible that it maybe hard to accept the truth at this time? The publisher sure doesn't see a need to defend it's article. Who exactly are we to believe?

If the news article is "patently false and baseless" why then is it not removed from the internet? Could it truly be possible that it maybe hard to accept the truth at this time? The publisher sure doesn't see a need to defend it's article. Who exactly are we to believe?

THE PUBLISHER(I hope)...

I agree with your statement, but what is this 130% turnover in referrance too. It can't be drivers, and if it is, I would like a chance to argue the point in referrance.

Sounds a little tough, with no boundries.

Accelerator :1036316054:

The 130% turnover rate is for truckload carriers and not LTL companies.

:smilie_132:

I was under the impression 130% turnover wasthe trucking industry as a whole by the way that 130% number comes from the American trucking associationI

Granted, I could be mistaken, but again what is the credible statement, it sounds a little off, maybe not, but I would like too see thier argument.

I was under the impression 130% turnover wasthe trucking industry as a whole by the way that 130% number comes from the American trucking associationI
:hide: I read the article in the local newspaper, it stated that t/l turnover was 130%, ltl was 14% :smilie_132:

Thanx for the info, is there a link to the supposed article?

Accelerator :1036316054:

For 99 dollars a year you too can subscribe to Transport Topics the official newspaper of the ATA American Trucking Association and stay informed on the latest news like the rest of us. You get it delivered at home and can have something to read while sitting in the toilet.

:hysterical: :smilie_132: