Yellow | Con-Way being sold.

Ask DHL how going big in the United States turned out. 3 years ago this was a 2.5 Billion Dollar Company. Now it's going to be a 15 Billion Dollar Company 3 years later!! To big to fast!
I pray that the Con-Way employees come out of this ok. However, it looks way to familiar to an retired Yellow employee. Yellow overpaid for Roadway Corp., in 2003, and USF Corp. in 2005 and then the financial collapse hit in 2008. XPO was a 2.5 billion company and now is a $15 billion company overnight. Our economy is hanging by a thread from what I see. Way too much de-ja-vue for me.

I pray that the Con-Way employees come out of this ok. However, it looks way to familiar to an retired Yellow employee. Yellow overpaid for Roadway Corp., in 2003, and USF Corp. in 2005 and then the financial collapse hit in 2008. XPO was a 2.5 billion company and now is a $15 billion company overnight. Our economy is hanging by a thread from what I see. Way too much de-ja-vue for me.
Difference here is, yellow was a company that would've been better off being run by monkeys with down syndrome. The management at xpo has been growing the business and seems very competent.

Difference here is, yellow was a company that would've been better off being run by monkeys with down syndrome. The management at xpo has been growing the business and seems very competent.
For the first time I am leaning towards agreeing with you, because if anyone knows the mentality of a mentally challenged monkey it would be you. Oh, have I mentioned lately who owns Holland and that they can't be sold separately. JUST CHECKIN

For the first time I am leaning towards agreeing with you, because if anyone knows the mentality of a mentally challenged monkey it would be you. Oh, have I mentioned lately who owns Holland and that they can't be sold separately. JUST CHECKIN
Anything can be sold to those willing to pay. And losers like yrc can be shut down rather easily as well.

T

They don't have drivers they are brokers
Brokers yes , BUT they have drivers now and ConWay trucks will need Drivers too right ??? as they bought the company to run it not shut to down ?? so yes they will have a Driver pay scale !!!!

I
Brokers yes , BUT they have drivers now and ConWay trucks will need Drivers too right ??? as they bought the company to run it not shut to down ?? so yes they will have a Driver pay scale !!!!
I guess you can always buy your own rig and become an independent contractor and find out much they pay maybe one day they will make concay all owner operators like FedEx does with their Fedex Ground

Aaaaaaa an old saying comes to mind..."The devil you don't know could be worse than the one that you do know." Any time one company takes over another the first thing they do is to look for places to save money. And trucks, fuel and real estate prices are pretty much uncontrollable costs. What's left? Drivers' wages and benefits. You know that they won't take it from the upper echelon. Sniff, sniff, I smell a good reason to vote yes in a union election.

i agree... they still are the CF.. managed by LOONS... we will see how long it takes to freeze wages..

I'm pretty skeptical about this now that I've looked at it more. They've taken on a lot of debt and made some pretty fantastical statements like squeezing another 200 million in profits out of conway. If their ability to service that debt is predicated on their ability to make huge operational improvements like that, I don't think it bodes well for them

This will be the wave of the future. Conglomerates buying LTL and truckload companies, lowering wages, benefits, and pensions and there is no Union Companies now to drive wages, benefits, and pensions back up. Everyone better enjoy what they have today, because there future will be worth less than their past from a financial perspective. This is happening in every industry and now the untouchable trucking industry see's just how it will be infiltrated into their industry. The non-union companies did not get to glote long about the downfall of the union companies. Oh yes, by the way, the day will come when the price will be right and the Cogdin's will let O.D. go and they will suffer the same fate, eventually.
maybe.. very family strong... but money talks nowadays... slow steady and watching the trends.. O.D.'s growth and profits are quite impressive.
as far as the "UNION".. teamsters are not the baseball bat carrying, dirt eating, ass kicking brotherhood I once knew.. starts with cleaning out the head office.. alot talk tough,but,very little proof during strikes.. I work in a non-union environment but refuse to cross all picket lines,whether or not we agree or disagree philosophical differences.