TForce | Contract Information!

Does anyone see any improvement with the UPS Freight contract ? Giving up company match in 401K is absurd for a BILLION dollar company ! Can anyone afford to give up THOUSANDS of dollars for these so called wage increases . In five years we will still be in the same wage neighborhood give or take $1.50 . I bet the parcel division will not give up 401k company match !

NMFA does not offer a company match even UPS parcel.

Skeeter, It is a waste of time sending this contract to people. This contract only pertains to the Indy employee's. The employee's of Indy have designed this contract to meet their needs. This is NOT the contract that employee's have to accept. With suppliments added, the employee's can desighn this contract to fit their most Important issues.

BN, Just left the hall and New England will be negotiating their own suppliments. Thank God!!! There is a good chance we will not be paying for insurance after all. :1036316054:

BN, Just left the hall and New England will be negotiating their own suppliments. Thank God!!! There is a good chance we will not be paying for insurance after all. :1036316054:

From my sources, I have been told the same and that no one has 1/2 the Information that they need. The Indy contract pertains to Indy and thats it. :1036316054:

I have been told that ot after 8, Seniority, Full rate pay for road drivers when not driving. Pension remains the same, And the highest raises per ratio in the industry are all a fact, The medical health plan will be modified with suppliments to fit your needs. Is this all true?

Hey Skeeter,
Of the majority of the contract that you sent me looks good. There are improvements over the NMFA. When I get a chance to finish reading and printing, I will post later with a comparison. All in all don't look bad. I will also email you.
Mikey

Hey Skeeter,
Of the majority of the contract that you sent me looks good. There are improvements over the NMFA. When I get a chance to finish reading and printing, I will post later with a comparison. All in all don't look bad. I will also email you.
Mikey

Keep in mind, The Indy. draft copy contract is NOT in its entirety. And there is alot of missing Info.:smilie_132:

THANKS SKEETER I just downloaded and read over everything. From what I can see this is still an improvement over what we have now. OT after 8, seniority rules, Guaranteed 8hrs. per day, 1hr for lunch, these are all things we said we wanted. If they do something with the pension at the first of the year it will be an ok first contract. Lets build on it from here. We all know management will throw us under the bus in a second to save their own butts. We need representation.

We do need representation, but do not settle for less then the NMFA. The northern new england terminals is next, and everyone who is part of the northern new england terminals on this board , I say to you now we are settleing for nothing less and I hope you do the same.

Skeeter, It is a waste of time sending this contract to people. This contract only pertains to the Indy employee's. The employee's of Indy have designed this contract to meet their needs. This is NOT the contract that employee's have to accept. With suppliments added, the employee's can desighn this contract to fit their most Important issues.

Well, If nothing else people of other locations can be warned that the teamsters will settle for a crappy contract if they can get away with it. So watch them and don't settle for anything less than the Master Freight.

I have been told that ot after 8, Seniority, Full rate pay for road drivers when not driving. Pension remains the same, And the highest raises per ratio in the industry are all a fact, The medical health plan will be modified with suppliments to fit your needs. Is this all true?

The whole contract is being modified, it is a model, and only for INDY, not us, if this thing has to be thrown back at the faces of UPS 10,000 times I will do it. Its all in the suppliments, that is the key..........

I did my job. All I wanted was to make sure we all get a good contract. There are enough people aware now that I feel we are back on track to make it all happen.

The drivers are what makes ALL THE MONEY for this company.

We should not be sold short. We deserve the Master Freight Contract. Not a good starter contract. Come on guys where would UPS be without it's drivers.

It might be historic that the teamsters got UPSF (Overnite) a contract.

But what Indy got is a long way from a historic Master Freight Contract.

I did my job. All I wanted was to make sure we all get a good contract. There are enough people aware now that I feel we are back on track to make it all happen.

The drivers are what makes ALL THE MONEY for this company.

We should not be sold short. We deserve the Master Freight Contract. Not a good starter contract. Come on guys where would UPS be without it's drivers.

It might be historic that the teamsters got UPSF (Overnite) a contract.

But what Indy got is a long way from a historic Master Freight Contract.

This is just the beginning.:1036316054: Thanx skeeter.

Well, If nothing else people of other locations can be warned that the teamsters will settle for a crappy contract if they can get away with it. So watch them and don't settle for anything less than the Master Freight.

I would say that the Indy employee's settled for that contract. Not the Teamsters. They could have easily renegotiated the contract 107-1 I would say that they were happy with the issues that THEY had. Employee's need to understand that the Indy contract is a model, But it will be the employees of other terminals to design the contract that best suits there needs. And this will be done with suppliments. We the employee's are in the driver seat to make this contract what we want.:1036316054:

negotiate suppliments?

If you want somthing more out of the contract you have to give somthing up, there is no room to give somthing up.

In my opinion the people who negotiated this contract gave up more than what we benefited from on a $ to $ basis.

negotiate suppliments?

If you want somthing more out of the contract you have to give somthing up, there is no room to give somthing up.

In my opinion the people who negotiated this contract gave up more than what we benefited from on a $ to $ basis.

Sure there is room to give somthing up. At Overnite we have always received .50 every year for a raise. Over a five year period this = $2.50 In the contract they received $4.65 over a five year period. Take some of this money and put it towards medical. As long as I have been with this company, The money was not an issue. It has always been, work rules, job fairness, rising medical costs,ot after 8, delay pay and most of all seniority issues.

Sure there is room to give somthing up. At Overnite we have always received .50 every year for a raise. Over a five year period this = $2.50 In the contract they received $4.65 over a five year period. Take some of this money and put it towards medical. As long as I have been with this company, The money was not an issue. It has always been, work rules, job fairness, rising medical costs,ot after 8, delay pay and most of all seniority issues.

The contract might be for 5 years but the last wage increase the .90 will not start until after the fifth year is over if the next contract is negoited then we may not see that .90 we might we might not, I have heard this happen before, I am not saying it will happen, But the question needs to be asked will the next contract preceed this one, I know in other areas when contract terms are negoited beyond he length of a contract 5 years and 6 months if another contract is negoited before those terms are met the new contract takes precedent.

And the lower medical cost, I think that most people don't know how much they pay for medical. According to my book noone should pay more than $26 a week for family medical.

After scanning this Indy contract over.
I see that this first ever UPS Freight contract is just a step in the right direction,bringing us up to the LTL industry standards.
Most LTL's have offered overtime pay after 8 hours per day,along with delay pay for the linehaul operation.
Union,and non-union alike have had this item for their workers for many years.
Also the company picking up the tab to get a DOT physical thats a must have every two years.

Just take a look at Con-way their top pay for city drivers is $23.00 per hour with time,and a half paid after 8 hours per day.
Their pension is a company matched 401-k.
And its very welknown they are a non-union LTL company.

So looking at this first contract as a stepping stone,or foundation,to build on.
All I can say is let the building begin.

If Leo's vision was coming to pass,we'd be doing better then Con-Way,in the wage,and benefits.
But then Leo is out of here enjoying his sunset years,he must of took his vision with him when he retired.

Good post BN!!! Right to the point. :1036316054:

The contract might be for 5 years but the last wage increase the .90 will not start until after the fifth year is over if the next contract is negoited then we may not see that .90 we might we might not, I have heard this happen before, I am not saying it will happen, But the question needs to be asked will the next contract preceed this one, I know in other areas when contract terms are negoited beyond he length of a contract 5 years and 6 months if another contract is negoited before those terms are met the new contract takes precedent.

And the lower medical cost, I think that most people don't know how much they pay for medical. According to my book noone should pay more than $26 a week for family medical.

This contract expires exactly the same time as Buster Browns will. Coincidence? No. Bargaining power!!!