Yellow | COO April 2012 comments thread .

we should tell them WE WILL NOT MOVE. go ahead and hire. LOL if they can

Last edited by a moderator:
Page 51 of the NMFA reads in part "Individual employee's shall not be redomiciled more than once during the term of this Agreement as a result of an approved change of operations unless a merger, purchase, sale, acquisition or consolidation of employers is involved, or unless there is proven economic need as determined by the Change of Operations Committee based on factual evidence presented".
We have had 2 drivers at our EOL for more than 10 years now. Our terminal has seen sigificant growth, lower operating costs, better service, and our on time deleviery is at 99%. I can prove all of this with the charts/graphs the company showed us 2 weeks ago.
I transferred there in the 09 change. Now we are being redomiciled again. my question is......
Can the company legally redomicile us again with all of the factual evidence i can get? Am I wasting my time trying to fight the company on this? any help is appreciated.
if you have a do nothing b.a. you are wasting your time.

if you have a do nothing b.a. you are wasting your time.

The contract is a legal document. If your BA/local refuses to apply it to the situation you always have recourse through the legal system. Of course that takes some effort/money and most everyone would rather bi**h and complain rather than actually do anything.

Page 51 of the NMFA reads in part "Individual employee's shall not be redomiciled more than once during the term of this Agreement as a result of an approved change of operations unless a merger, purchase, sale, acquisition or consolidation of employers is involved, or unless there is proven economic need as determined by the Change of Operations Committee based on factual evidence presented".
We have had 2 drivers at our EOL for more than 10 years now. Our terminal has seen sigificant growth, lower operating costs, better service, and our on time deleviery is at 99%. I can prove all of this with the charts/graphs the company showed us 2 weeks ago.
I transferred there in the 09 change. Now we are being redomiciled again. my question is......
Can the company legally redomicile us again with all of the factual evidence i can get? Am I wasting my time trying to fight the company on this? any help is appreciated.

What part of "economic need", don't you understand? That language pretty much lets them do whatever they want.

I am thankful I don't have a "do nothing BA"! There is no economic need in our situation. Cause of the way they have this damn COO wrote as of now. And no I will not move for these dumb asses again. Hire from the street if they can.

we should stand together show Welsh and hoffa. we are done with this B S we could do it here HERE we start I WILL NOT MOVE join me we can sendmessage Tell other and post YES WE CAN DO tHIS

not gonna work . in this world of measters dont worry a jr. man will be glad to have your job if you choose to give it up.
Im not saying its right but it is the way of today.

not gonna work . in this world of measters dont worry a jr. man will be glad to have your job if you choose to give it up.
Im not saying its right but it is the way of today.

you are right,that will not work. Teamsters should man up and walk out...see what the reaction would be! Just say'n.....

I'm probably JR to most people on here. I'm not moving for this company again. If I do get laid off, I will spend all of my time while on unemployment fighting these idiots. And if this company doesn't want a hard working, dedicated employee like myself and many others. ABF would be happy to have a employee like myself. ****em. I'm done with their ****!!!!

i got 18yrs and am jr man in 857 next to last bid go a head and be a na sayer that why they do us the way they do IF the sr men would stand up jr would to

I'm Jr sure then. Only 6 years of seniority cause I choose to quit and start over in a differant region. I am standing up for what is right. I will be laid off.

Sadly antiquated work rules adopted before deregulation put YRCW companies and ABF at a significant cost disadvantage. YRCW compounded that by borrowing to aquire assets. (Roadway Corp. & USF Group) We resist the "driver is a driver" concept, imagine the backlash if YRC Freight tried to get us to perform whatever job was needed. (dock, spot, P&D, road, clerical) Yet change is needed, but no one wants their ox to be the one gored. Please don't try to compare YRCW to ABF. They are not AND were servicing the debt that YRCW was and is.

As I understand.holland and new penn don't haul the pricing and classification of freight.that yrc freight does.yrc freight sister companies haul cheaper type freight.I'm not knocking those two companies.that's just the way it has been.yrc freight has always done better hauling longer mileage freight.the old roadway and old yellow companies both faired better doing that.