Yellow | COO April 2012 comments thread .

okay Holland hero. Their are many more terminals other than your estes owned dump you work at. All our freight other then a few loads all go to breakbulks to be handled and damaged more than once every nite. Open your eyes and look farther than west allis.

How did I say I was a hero? You said holland doesn't load direct anymore and I proved you wrong. I also said that the majority of the inbound we get are direct loads which means other terminals are loading direct as well. Again proving you wrong. Sorry facts bother you so much.

This change will certainly make the locals in the big cities happy, since it brings more work back to them. But it is at the expense of the ELO terminals, who's service will suffer by implementing this change. Most EOL shut down their outbound early in the evening. If they have a road driver or two, their freight moves sooner, and the breakbulk won't have to close out their inbound until he arrives in the am. Under the change, the breakbulk will have to close the load in the afternoon, in order to go get the EOL terminals outbound. Or run it later, and then the EOL's outbound is 24 hours old before it leaves the terminal.
I get discontinuing velosity, but this change is a big waste of money. Just my opinion.

yes i agree our EOL we had one pup a night to chicago becuase of what you said once they put 2 road guys in there instead 3 to 5 days to east we where getting 2 to 3 days with in a year we had 2 to 3 sets to chicago cause of better service so this change makes no sence except to get rid of employees

Copy avalible

I have a very clean copy, and a good fax if you need another copy JEFF. Just let me know. R-14, call me, some changes have already been made to some of the area around 640. I'll give you those over the phone.
Have a Great Day and GOD BLESS!!!​
:17142:

I started with yellow in the old "hub and spoke" network. I transferred to a corridor hub(my interest, not yellows) and was amazed at the efficiency it added. the corridor was NEEDED to maintain and increase bill count to not go bankrupt. Later i took an UE bid and saw first hand how the next day freight network worked. It also was done to maintain bill count to not go bankrupt. Both systems improved bills per hour by reducing the distance freight travelled on the slab. I left for greener pastures with Jimmy g after the merge. I understand economics. I see set costs like terminals, forklifts, trucks and trailers. I don't see how loosing that much freight and still needing to pay for the equipment, while going back to a system that moves more slab miles will improve profits.
Dude, every decision I have EVER heard this company make was based on numbers. It's the reason Trucking Boards has a thread for Daily Bill Count! Does the company lie? ABSOLUTELY! But I have never seen a TM manipulate numbers to make HIMSELF look bad! My original question concerned moving freight to terminals that have "ISSUES." Dallas has had issues. Chicago has had issues. Atlanta has had issues. I'm not the CEO. But I can look at a piece of paper and see where this company is moving work to and where it's being taken from. And when one OUT PERFORMS the other based on the numbers the company supplies us, I have to wonder why this company would choose to purposely UNDER PERFORM!

Many of you P&D drivers may be aware of how FedEx prices their freight. Jeff, help me if I'm wrong, but they have FedEx Priority and FedEx Economy. Both are priced differently, move throughout their system differently, and have a different service standard. Holland, New Penn, and Reddaway become "Priority" and YRC Freight becomes "Economy". ?????? If YRC Freight becomes "Economy", and competes on price in this cut throat industry, will we ever regain our wages and pension losses??/

Many of you P&D drivers may be aware of how FedEx prices their freight. Jeff, help me if I'm wrong, but they have FedEx Priority and FedEx Economy. Both are priced differently, move throughout their system differently, and have a different service standard. Holland, New Penn, and Reddaway become "Priority" and YRC Freight becomes "Economy". ?????? If YRC Freight becomes "Economy", and competes on price in this cut throat industry, will we ever regain our wages and pension losses??/

The answer is no regardless of how they price anything.

I have a very clean copy, and a good fax if you need another copy JEFF. Just let me know. R-14, call me, some changes have already been made to some of the area around 640. I'll give you those over the phone.
Have a Great Day and GOD BLESS!!!​
:17142:

Sure if it's very clean I will make it available to everyone here Fax number is in my sig

This change will certainly make the locals in the big cities happy, since it brings more work back to them. But it is at the expense of the ELO terminals, who's service will suffer by implementing this change. Most EOL shut down their outbound early in the evening. If they have a road driver or two, their freight moves sooner, and the breakbulk won't have to close out their inbound until he arrives in the am. Under the change, the breakbulk will have to close the load in the afternoon, in order to go get the EOL terminals outbound. Or run it later, and then the EOL's outbound is 24 hours old before it leaves the terminal.
I get discontinuing velosity, but this change is a big waste of money. Just my opinion.

This is the part I don't understand. I drive for Holland. Before that I drove for 2 other Union and regional carriers. Our linehaul drivers were based where the freight originated from and not to where it was going (ie a break). I guess I need to be educated on why run from a break to get a load that was closed out half a day ago at the eol. Now the freight has sat half the night when it could have been moving. I know ABF just tried to put thru a COO that would do just the opposite of what YRC's COO does. They wanted the drivers at the EOL's and out of the breaks. I don't get it.

Here is few things to consider. When you try to run the system like we have, your cramming a 7 day breakbulk operation into a 5 day EOL. Another thing is the amount of outbound freight the EOL generates. So in some cases it does make sense to have a few drivers at an EOL. Also if all our competitors are closed part of the weekend why are we still open all weekend?

I'm still waiting for re-call from 3/2009 at 852. Vol driver will go local so I get to wait... Did some part time at 714. Now that I got 1yr in at USF (near 433), and we might get 4 new road bids, I'm feeling safer. It would be nice if USF went into FL, I used to be able to golf from 5 to dark for $10.
btw, there was zero pay cut at USF, full rate -15%.
It is sad to see so many that followed or bid got screwed. Sold and bought homes, changed schools, wives quit jobs.

JPMorgan and Sachs are controlling the company. They also control the US highway corridors, aligning industry, and People.

Get ready to be arrested for having more than 5000 sq/ft yard, garden, 2 cars, the ability to read-write-speak. Don't forget those TSA road screenings/body searches.

How many People around the world does the US need to kill before 'Americans' will accept their freedom and enforce the Constitution upon those they've elected to serve, protect, and defend the Constitution? It used to be that a WARRANT was needed, or two witnesses for treason, and all was public to ensure truth and justice. Now the USA can grab anybody secretly, the way it's done in China, Libya, Nigeria, Honduras.

It used to cost $40/acre (two $20 gold coins). Now is cost $1500/acre (or one $20 gold coin). If the USA kept the gold standard land would be half price today, instead it is %75 higher. Nothing like a good COO to distract hard working Men from the things they should really pay attention to...

I'm still waiting for re-call from 3/2009 at 852. Vol driver will go local so I get to wait... Did some part time at 714. Now that I got 1yr in at USF (near 433), and we might get 4 new road bids, I'm feeling safer. It would be nice if USF went into FL, I used to be able to golf from 5 to dark for $10.
btw, there was zero pay cut at USF, full rate -15%.
It is sad to see so many that followed or bid got screwed. Sold and bought homes, changed schools, wives quit jobs.

JPMorgan and Sachs are controlling the company. They also control the US highway corridors, aligning industry, and People.

Get ready to be arrested for having more than 5000 sq/ft yard, garden, 2 cars, the ability to read-write-speak. Don't forget those TSA road screenings/body searches.

How many People around the world does the US need to kill before 'Americans' will accept their freedom and enforce the Constitution upon those they've elected to serve, protect, and defend the Constitution? It used to be that a WARRANT was needed, or two witnesses for treason, and all was public to ensure truth and justice. Now the USA can grab anybody secretly, the way it's done in China, Libya, Nigeria, Honduras.

It used to cost $40/acre (two $20 gold coins). Now is cost $1500/acre (or one $20 gold coin). If the USA kept the gold standard land would be half price today, instead it is %75 higher. Nothing like a good COO to distract hard working Men from the things they should really pay attention to...

Can I have a toke?

#s will probably be ajusted when fought by locals . but all in all it wont change too much.