Yellow | COO April 2012 comments thread .

I personally don't believe that anybody in the headquarters actually looks at each and every terminal when it comes to a COO! Cause the terminal I'm at produces more outbound freight than Omaha,St Paul(sometimes),and many others. We have 12 P&D drivers and 2 road drivers. But of coarse us road drivers are history, as it stands now. And there leaving drivers at 388 and eau Clair. Just doesn't make any damn sense what's-so-ever. I don't like to bypass our union however I think the best way to get a reasonable answer, is to e-mail Welch himself or see if your manager will try and stop this **** with your local labor guy. Just my thoughts behind this "PROPOSED PILE OF ASS WIPE"!!!

If anyone is planning on moving, you might wanna look to where there's a growing economy, cause these people running this place are trying their dam nest to put us outta business. NO company goes "back to the future" to survive. UPS, FedEx, Conway, etc... are not going back to what they were doing in the 80"s & 90"s, they are going forward. This company is gonna do what they do best, destroy lives & destroy another good company. Yellow ***** Preston of their freight & shut them down, Conway did the same with CF, Roadway spun off Roadway Express with hopes of failure. YRCW is gonna do the same, after they get what they want, they will spin off YRC Freight & this spineless Teamster brass can't see it. They keep lying & deceiving people for their own benefits. Tyson & his cronies are puppets to this company, YRC has played them like fiddles & they're either blind or to arrogant to see it. He's lied to us on numerous occasions, "YRC needs UE & Velocity to survive, the money's in regional freight", " NO road drivers will lose their jobs to the new velocity network", " We will not negotiate on pension & health benefits", " The UE's will ONLY move their own freight & will not touch domiciled freight", " We will get Glenn Moore under contract & Unionize them" etc... To give our freight away AGAIN, is just asinine to think this is good for members. Frank Zappa said it best "Don't eat the yellow snow cause that's where the husky's go" & evidently Tyson & his regime thinks those are yellow flavored snow cones, cause they keep eating it up. 23 years I've given & supported this union, for what? No pension, less wages, garbage insurance, work rules depleted, While the CEO, COO's & CFO's of this union reek with benefits. I wouldn't move across the street for this destined to fail company & a bunch of spineless leaders who only want whats best for themselves. Good Luck to all the people who move & don't let this company destroy your families, your families will be there for you, this company & union won't.

If anyone is planning on moving, you might wanna look to where there's a growing economy, cause these people running this place are trying their dam nest to put us outta business. NO company goes "back to the future" to survive. UPS, FedEx, Conway, etc... are not going back to what they were doing in the 80"s & 90"s, they are going forward. This company is gonna do what they do best, destroy lives & destroy another good company. Yellow ***** Preston of their freight & shut them down, Conway did the same with CF, Roadway spun off Roadway Express with hopes of failure. YRCW is gonna do the same, after they get what they want, they will spin off YRC Freight & this spineless Teamster brass can't see it. They keep lying & deceiving people for their own benefits. Tyson & his cronies are puppets to this company, YRC has played them like fiddles & they're either blind or to arrogant to see it. He's lied to us on numerous occasions, "YRC needs UE & Velocity to survive, the money's in regional freight", " NO road drivers will lose their jobs to the new velocity network", " We will not negotiate on pension & health benefits", " The UE's will ONLY move their own freight & will not touch domiciled freight", " We will get Glenn Moore under contract & Unionize them" etc... To give our freight away AGAIN, is just asinine to think this is good for members. Frank Zappa said it best "Don't eat the yellow snow cause that's where the husky's go" & evidently Tyson & his regime thinks those are yellow flavored snow cones, cause they keep eating it up. 23 years I've given & supported this union, for what? No pension, less wages, garbage insurance, work rules depleted, While the CEO, COO's & CFO's of this union reek with benefits. I wouldn't move across the street for this destined to fail company & a bunch of spineless leaders who only want whats best for themselves. Good Luck to all the people who move & don't let this company destroy your families, your families will be there for you, this company & union won't.
I dont see how its cheaper to run road drivers over eu drivers ? At abf our change was shot down(lawsuit?) They wanted to add eu to run next & 2nd day freight so we can compete with conway,estes ect. so i dont see how this will save money. But im sure Tyson knows that already. Just keep those dues coming....

FACTOID: In the Big UE COO....only 179 drivers took those UE jobs...ONLY 7 of them were Linehaul drivers...as of today...ONLY 2 of those 7 are still working, the other retired....I beleive 1 is in Decatur, IL and the other is in Rock Island, IL....those who are still UE will go back into their Local Cartage lists is what I have been told.....KK

Kk when the UE-velocity change happened I know of at least 50 ROAD drivers went into ue-v people. At this time around 40 of them are still running.You better recheck your numbers.And as of this change they will either have to move or become P-D drivers which most would never make it,or get laid off!

KK, you were @ the UE/Velocity COO & so was I, That's where we met. The ruling there was "anyone could bid UE, road/city/dock" as long as they have or could obtain CDL. That did not happen, grievances were filed & at some make shift hearing that nobody knew about in Arizona, the company & union made a blanket decision to pay those grievances 2 1/2 hours pay, even the grievances that weren't asking for pay only seniority rights to UE. What's gonna happen when those UE's go back to the city & that freight is gone? Massive layoffs AGAIN. The bottom of these city boards will have to be cut, the freight is gone. This is not right to give our freight that we haul, work & kept during the fiasco merger, to another carrier, whether a YRCW company or not. This the 4th time the company & union has taken away our freight, with no recourse, since that UE/Velocity change. Where is the benefit to YRC Freight in going back to what we used to do? Name me 1 carrier still in business today, that goes back to hauling freight the way they used to do in the 80's & 90's. Interlining the regional carriers with long haul makes sense, stealing freight from 1 to give another does not. When this company gets all the good paying high dollar freight & the equipment into the regional carriers they will spin YRC Freight off. It just doesn't make sense to keep the "long haul, money losing" carrier in business.This company is a pro at shutting down companies after they **** & pillage it.

Well Said. I think a lot of people quickly forget the recent promises by the union and the company. In order to survive in this economy you must adapt. Going back to the ways of old is not the answer. Is there really a great demand for 3 to 5 day freight service anymore? I agree with you zipperbs, the upper level managers really do not want this company to exist. Otherwise, we would not be looking a a proposed change that reverses everything they implemented 5 years ago. I wish everyone well and pray that we will all get through this. However, do not drink the Kool-Aid that both the company and the union is offering.

How dare they go back to the old money-making ways !!

So true. And yet they're doing in spite of the advice of the many underutilized, unappreciated, unacknowledged, fantastically successful transportation company CEO's who post so regularly on these boards!! For shame!!! :LMAO:

The heck with all the bickering. How many here have vivid memories of Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers defeating Hank Stramm's Kansas City Cheifs?

What a GREAT post !!!!!
thats a laugh the old money making ways lol just like the old money losing teamster work rules that cause us not to compete with fed x conway etc kc 15 minute clean up rule, 30 minute mechanic one in big terminals,kc cant take a ready tractor from outside they have to take one from in shop that has right up and make driver wait longer ....dumb.....check lane guy cant change tire so go find the guy who does. or the bad truck in fuel lane i had switched cause tractor had flat for one with right up in fuel lane so now wait once again for a mechanic cause the fuel lane guys cant touch a tool............watch check lane guy sit there for over and hour while the 2 fuel guys are behind and 15 road guys are waiting up stairs novel thought, check lane guy go help fuel but no waste more time and money......and as a roadguy we have to put placards on or off cause they know the yard or dock guys doing it could take for ever ....put trailers in dock, the list goes on and on so teamsters mentality and rules are alot why in this day and age we cant and will never compete without change........... in the 60 70 ltl was mainly if not all unioun.................. now theres what 4 or 5 ltl unioun companyees vs what 100s back in the day.......ifyou dont change with your competors and moderniaze you end up out of bussineess thats where this is heading ....only reason ups survives they get 100 percent work out there employees and holland and new penn dont have the same cost losing work rules and more flexability...... point if your going to pay the best wages pension benifits you need to outperform your competors why you think micheal jordan got the big money and they guy on the bench got very little and ibet fedx conway to more work per hour with less employees ......... which means with less employees =big savings

cellblock309 are you prepared to have your logic used on you also. Instead of sitting in the break room waiting, how about you go out on the dock and strip some inbound.

FACTOID: In the Big UE COO....only 179 drivers took those UE jobs...ONLY 7 of them were Linehaul drivers...as of today...ONLY 2 of those 7 are still working, the other retired....I beleive 1 is in Decatur, IL and the other is in Rock Island, IL....those who are still UE will go back into their Local Cartage lists is what I have been told.....KK

The 1 in Decatur will be laid off immediately when the COO takes place.

thats a laugh the old money making ways lol just like the old money losing teamster work rules that cause us not to compete with fed x conway etc kc 15 minute clean up rule, 30 minute mechanic one in big terminals,kc cant take a ready tractor from outside they have to take one from in shop that has right up and make driver wait longer ....dumb.....check lane guy cant change tire so go find the guy who does. or the bad truck in fuel lane i had switched cause tractor had flat for one with right up in fuel lane so now wait once again for a mechanic cause the fuel lane guys cant touch a tool............watch check lane guy sit there for over and hour while the 2 fuel guys are behind and 15 road guys are waiting up stairs novel thought, check lane guy go help fuel but no waste more time and money......and as a roadguy we have to put placards on or off cause they know the yard or dock guys doing it could take for ever ....put trailers in dock, the list goes on and on so teamsters mentality and rules are alot why in this day and age we cant and will never compete without change........... in the 60 70 ltl was mainly if not all unioun.................. now theres what 4 or 5 ltl unioun companyees vs what 100s back in the day.......ifyou dont change with your competors and moderniaze you end up out of bussineess thats where this is heading ....only reason ups survives they get 100 percent work out there employees and holland and new penn dont have the same cost losing work rules and more flexability...... point if your going to pay the best wages pension benifits you need to outperform your competors why you think micheal jordan got the big money and they guy on the bench got very little and ibet fedx conway to more work per hour with less employees ......... which means with less employees =big savings

Man................reading this made me dizzy!

I was 1 of the road that went to UE in asheville (673) I`m laid-off

Page 51 of the NMFA reads in part "Individual employee's shall not be redomiciled more than once during the term of this Agreement as a result of an approved change of operations unless a merger, purchase, sale, acquisition or consolidation of employers is involved, or unless there is proven economic need as determined by the Change of Operations Committee based on factual evidence presented".
We have had 2 drivers at our EOL for more than 10 years now. Our terminal has seen sigificant growth, lower operating costs, better service, and our on time deleviery is at 99%. I can prove all of this with the charts/graphs the company showed us 2 weeks ago.
I transferred there in the 09 change. Now we are being redomiciled again. my question is......
Can the company legally redomicile us again with all of the factual evidence i can get? Am I wasting my time trying to fight the company on this? any help is appreciated.