FedEx Freight | Countdown to wed!!

It's a good job but we'd all feel better if FedEx would make a decision and stick with it so we could all breath, knowing that things will be fine, but sadly they haven't done that yet. Maybe they will soon.

I heard a driver in CGT thursday say the appeal was lost and that we are going back to a ten hour drive time. But I haven't been able to find any proof of his claim.

There is no appeal to have been lost. A couple months ago, the FMCSA postponed releasing the final HOS rule until September or October. Even then, if they said "10 hours", it wouldn't be effective for 90 days or so, plus there will be litigation out the wazoo. I predict we will still be running under the 11 hours rule at this time next year.

oaf

::shit:: it's due day. Now what are we gonna do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh i'm so sorry I forgot we have some wanna be english mojors on here. That since you have nothing to say about the post, let's see for your benfit here kno is short for know ok got me on that one. Darn let me fix respected and yes, you the wanna be english major I is see I did tier wrong also. Guess I really shouldn't do these at the end of my run cause the wanna be english major with absolutely nothing to say is going to pick it apart:fingure: My apologizes to all others
It makes him feel good when he can point out other people's errors. Once in a while I almost feel sorry for him.

Had our meeting. Whole lot of nothing about nothing. FedEx Corp is debt free with 2 bill in the bank. Going to improve freight profits by reducing road costs. That's it there ya go. Throw out the kool aid.

Learned in our meeting that the company is operating at a 97 and they want to get it down to a 90 by having less damage and better communication within the system. Talked about the survey, apparently there is going to be no bonus, at least not for a while according to our scm. They have rerouted some of the economy freight but all in all we learned about much of nothing. We were told we were leading the industry but with a 97 compared to OD'S mid 80's I think we have a long way to go. Anyway it was a bs meeting they could have covered with a handout and saved an hour on the clock. Oh one more thing, they have ordered some new equipment and if your terminal has a shop it will be the one's with the older tractors so the ones withuot a shop don't have to tow a tractor to a shop for repairs so much.

Oh one more thing, they have ordered some new equipment and if your terminal has a shop it will be the one's with the older tractors so the ones withuot a shop don't have to tow a tractor to a shop for repairs so much.

My center has a shop. Dang it! Ok that's it... I quit.

Informative post birddog, why such bad reputation? I'll have to check your post history...

I quess I just rub some people the wrong way but it is all good. It really was a long boring meeting but if the doom and gloom is coming they are keeping it under their hat for now. They have straightened out how they route the economy freight so what you see is pretty much what you get with a few tweeks along the way. Have a good day.

Ok I'm really confused. The supposed "BIG" meeting was rescheduled for next Tuesday yet apparently there were meetings throughout the country about humdrum petty stuff? What gives?

And the current freeze on transfers? I think some of you are riight. I think their enjoying messing with our heads.