SAIA | Crashes and big brother in the trucks

Dude sales reps could care less about the driving and safety side of this company they have enough on their plate already seems to me that you are one of very very few on here that have a problem with me as well as many more on trucking boards on multiple forums you sir are just an instigator and an aggravator . Anyways just as every other time my work here is done I gotta go to work and don't have time to play anymore have at it RT :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
DUDE!!!! You are right I do have a problem with you.....I know what sales reps do but they are not my only source of information.....I've worked here in a different capacity for years and you my friend are the instigator........You are a negative cry baby. Go with your gut on who and what you think I do here. Because my friend you would probably be right......I know more about Saia and it's internal workings than you. And that you can take to the bank......You need to change your attitude before you become a victim of your own demise......Drive Safe.

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm at Con-Way now and have been looking for a way out ever since they put these ridiculous tattle-tale cameras in our trucks. I have an app in with Saia but didn't realize they had all the BS just like Con-Job. Guess I will be passing on that job offer...

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm at Con-Way now and have been looking for a way out ever since they put these ridiculous tattle-tale cameras in our trucks. I have an app in with Saia but didn't realize they had all the BS just like Con-Job. Guess I will be passing on that job offer...
There is a night and day difference in the two.....Don't let this thread discourage you from looking our way.....The technology at Conway is much more nit-picky and the working environment is much better here.....We don't actually have cameras in your face....You guys have a completely different system.....We mostly just monitor lane changes and abrupt stops......Come on over....We would love to have you.....Send me a PM for more information if you need it.....We are also offering a 3000. dollar signing bonus.....Good time to jump ship. Don't let these cry babies influence your decision to look our way. This is a great company and much better than Conway to work for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys rt said (these cry babies ) guess that means all of us who have an opinion oh and rt if you worked at a good company like saia at one time in the 80s or 90s and you have such a pristine record how in the heck did you end up at a bottom of the barrel co like central transport /vitran and then come back to saia geez couldn't you have done better in that in between time with your knowledge and reputation you should have easily been able to get a job at fed ex. , ups or OD NOT CENTRAL

DUDE!!!! You are right I do have a problem with you.....I know what sales reps do but they are not my only source of information.....I've worked here in a different capacity for years and you my friend are the instigator........You are a negative cry baby. Go with your gut on who and what you think I do here. Because my friend you would probably be right......I know more about Saia and it's internal workings than you. And that you can take to the bank......You need to change your attitude before you become a victim of your own demise......Drive Safe.
worked here for years? I thought you just got hired in April 2014

Hey guys rt said (these cry babies ) guess that means all of us who have an opinion oh and rt if you worked at a good company like saia at one time in the 80s or 90s and you have such a pristine record how in the heck did you end up at a bottom of the barrel co like central transport /vitran and then come back to saia geez couldn't you have done better in that in between time with your knowledge and reputation you should have easily been able to get a job at fed ex. , ups or OD NOT CENTRAL

Try and spin it trouble maker.....You know I meant you.....I could edit it but why bother. You know nothing about my history except what I want you to know.....Yes I did work at Vitran for many years because they were a good company at one time. But when Central Transport bought them in Oct 2013 I walked.........I could have went to work for FedEx or OD but I chose Saia because of some old connections......I have many friends here. Your digging yourself a grave son.....You better just walk away.

I AM NOT YOUR SON AND WHATS THIS (DIGGING YOURSELF A GRAVE )THING ABOUT IS THAT A THREAT ? isn't their some kinda rule on trucking boards about that kinda thing ? You would love to know my name and which terminal I'm out of wouldn't you ah heck you probably already tried to get that info from Jeff or demolition man oh well I don't care go live your sad life and try to work on that attitude cause it SUCKS :-)

I AM NOT YOUR SON AND WHATS THIS (DIGGING YOURSELF A GRAVE )THING ABOUT IS THAT A THREAT ? isn't their some kinda rule on trucking boards about that kinda thing ? You would love to know my name and which terminal I'm out of wouldn't you ah heck you probably already tried to get that info from Jeff or demolition man oh well I don't care go live your sad life and try to work on that attitude cause it SUCKS :-)

Go get-em SJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this thread has more than run it's course and needs to be closed!
I agree it has run it's course but if you closed a thread every time someone had a disagreement it wouldn't be a very interesting forum. Part of having a good forum is feeling like you can express yourself without a concern of censorship .....Jeff has the right to censor anything he wants because after all this is his site.....Free speech doesn't apply here. As you have noticed Demolitionman let us duke it out and never became involved and that's a credit to his skill as a moderator. As this forum moves forward I hope it will become more active because honestly it's rather boring and dead at times. For the most part I'm not confrontational and just sit and watch. Some moderators ......for a lack of a better term.....Over Moderate and keep a forum shut down in many ways....It's nice to know we don't have that.

I agree it has run it's course but if you closed a thread every time someone had a disagreement it wouldn't be a very interesting forum. Part of having a good forum is feeling like you can express yourself without a concern of censorship .....Jeff has the right to censor anything he wants because after all this is his site.....Free speech doesn't apply here. As you have noticed Demolitionman let us duke it out and never became involved and that's a credit to his skill as a moderator. As this forum moves forward I hope it will become more active because honestly it's rather boring and dead at times. For the most part I'm not confrontational and just sit and watch. Some moderators ......for a lack of a better term.....Over Moderate and keep a forum shut down in many ways....It's nice to know we don't have that.

that's fine but you two are just having a pissing contest and not on the original topic.

Back to topic. Drivers are graded by transit times. They are graded by how they shift. Now, you will be graded by the Bendix Wingman Accident Mitigation System otherwise known as those tattletale boxes. TM's or whoever will be able to access the incident reports by date or date range.The system may even file its own report, with pictures or video. You sway, you sway more than 6 inches, you sway without a signal, you hard brake, the system hard brakes for you, the system hard brakes because it thinks that you are going into a turn too fast, how many times are you detected following another vehicle by less than 2 seconds, how long do you follow another vehicle at less than 2 seconds? These are all incidents and I am sure that there is more that the system tracks. This is just the stuff that I can remember from a quick glance at the information packet explaining the printout. Get ready for the write ups and the counseling. Since I now know that this information is being accumulated and will be used, I find myself ,in traffic, looking at the wingman screen more than I should.

Has anybody else seen the information packet or heard about the program?

Now what do I do? True story. I drive on state and US single lane with good shoulders highways every night and into the morning rush. Every morning, without fail, I will have other vehicles pile up behind me but I would move to the shoulder to let them by. This lets the antsy drivers go on and seemed to be a good safety move. Now, If I move to the shoulder, the system will light me up for major sway and probably start the camera. Now, I can't let the antsy drivers go. I almost saw a headon collision the other day. In fact, the only reason why the collision was avoided is because I was watching the antsy pile, saw the driver pullout, realized he wasn't going to make it, and pulled to the shoulder to give him some place to go. I don't think that the system saw it the same way and their way is the only way.

It can be a distraction, especially after being counseled or worse. Runaway, you still think that this system is not a possible distraction?

Are we not suppose to hit the on/off button for the lane or sway detector? Whenever I know theres construction and they push me to a shoulder for it I hit it to avoid it going off.