TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

Thousand Dollar man said:
why would the union waste their time and money on us again?My vote will be No again...:tribehasspoken:

Your vote may be no again, that's your right.

But it also the right of those that were threatned with job lose or intimidated by Onite to vote against the union to have a fair vote and be treated as the law regulates.
They are also entitled to bargining in good faith from both sides.

If you're in a right to work state, when the union is voted in you don't have to become a member, that also your right.

Things change, time changes, maybe the majority of employees at your barn want a voice in the company they break thieir back for.
Maybe they want to be treated fairly
Maybe they want to have job protection
Maybe they don't want to be passed over for work because of favoritism.
Maybe they feel the union has more to offer than UPS.
Maybe they are sick of listening to propaganda and having thier lives controlled
Maybe they are tried of giving up free time to the company when they are in a working environment for the company and responsible for equiptment and freight.
Maybe some of the ex-teamsters at your barn would like to pad their teamster pension once again.
Maybe there are a Thousand different reasons.

T251

why would the union waste their time and money on us again?My vote will be No again...:tribehasspoken:
My vote will also be no..Again:smilie_132:You wont be popular on this site with that stance.....

Johnnybegood said:
Why would someone be stupid if he has an opinion.:wavey:
I won't call anybody stupid, but consider this......if you were really hungry would you take a plate that was full or one that wasn't all the way full? It's pretty basic to most of us.

stldude44 said:
I won't call anybody stupid, but consider this......if you were really hungry would you take a plate that was full or one that wasn't all the way full? It's pretty basic to most of us.
NO,NO,NO, everyone is still waiting for that big welcome basket from ups because they love us and we are part of the vision. Wake up people!!!

BusterNite said:
NO,NO,NO, everyone is still waiting for that big welcome basket from ups because they love us and we are part of the vision. Wake up people!!!
Aha! I get it.....like when people bitched about the beard thing and they (LOL!) changed their minds? UPS will see that some don't approve of the new benefits and go back to the drawing board and really make them better.....yeah, that's the ticket!!!!

On the other hand what about the barns that voted the union in and then big O wouldn't negotiate in good faith. Don't these men have a right to be heard ???

stldude44 said:
Aha! I get it.....like when people bitched about the beard thing and they (LOL!) changed their minds? UPS will see that some don't approve of the new benefits and go back to the drawing board and really make them better.....yeah, that's the ticket!!!!
Good point Dude. Anything that UPS does comes from a master plan. If they change in midstream, that was part of the master plan. I highly doubt that anything anyone says will be listened to by the UPS Brass, unless that comes from a united voice 14,000 strong. And we all know how that gets accomplished.

T251 one of your reasons to vote yes is control?

You say we are sick of propaganda?
And having our lives controlled?

I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it come to some of you more brainier posters.

I also know the teamsters union has done a lot for labor reform since the union was originaly formed.

OSHA ,sweatshops,child labor laws all results of teamster union intervention.

As well as all the better benefits,and wage increases we've been given at Overnite with the threat of becoming teamsters.

But control is only a state of mind.
One can only be controlled if they allow someone,or something to control them.

I had a very hard time trying to get another union job when my last union company went under.

My pastor had my church pray for me to get hired at Overnite because they were the only trucking company putting on full time drivers.

The TM didn't want me because of all the union years I had.

I chose to do everything including work unto God.
The only control I have is what I allow my authority figures to have over me by the position they hold in the company.

Without authority there would be no order.

But there is no chain holding me to the time clock.
If I don't like the program I'm free to leave any time.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Skeeter said:
Why don't we change this web site to teamsters.net

Skeeter, I am no fan of Teamster.net due to the lack of moderation there and I think comparing Truckingboards to T.net is an injustice to the staff here that works very hard trying to make this place the best it can be.

I think we've got an incredible group of people here (mods and members) that make Truckingboards the best place to go to talk about the LTL business

Nobody is forcing you to come here but if you don't like our forums and are not happy here the problem can be solved very easily. Don't come here. We don't want to lose members but if you're that unhappy maybe it's time to move on.

Skeeter said:
Why don't we change this web site to teamsters.net
Skeeter, you can ignore a poster in your control panel.

The company is owned by a Union company and people have the right to discuss it in this forum if they choose too,

Truckingboards.com is Not pro union or anti union.
we are pro LTL Drivers.

Also , do not advertise a competing forum on Truckingboards dime, if you want to be famous, do like I have done for the past 6 years and spend hours in front of the computer screen.

If the goings on here is bothering you just step away from it for a while.

Jeff

usf-indy said:
On the other hand what about the barns that voted the union in and then big O wouldn't negotiate in good faith. Don't these men have a right to be heard ???
Yes we do here at indy we want to be heard,,,we had all our cards signed long before the clowns came to town,with that stupid musical chairs show:tribehasspoken:

Its ok son ಠ▄ಠ was wrong and i'm told he said he messed up so i can forgive you. :wavey: