TForce | Did'nt we at O/upgf vote out the union...

I apoligize for those scholars who were offended by my oversight in not spelling "Overnite" correctly on this site. In the future, I will do my best to be a better speller so I can avoid future abuse and be like you good spelling truck drivers. If I were to disclose where I work, would you report me to my TM?

Just a thought I have a dictionary right next to my keyboard.
But even with that so close I get typing and still miss spell words.
Or sometimes I sound out the word I want to use,and than can't find it in the dictionary,than have to change my statement to use a word I can spell.

I had to be the smart guy quitting school to enter the work force.

Although I've always said driving a truck is a no brainer,what do you need to know.
Just shift the gears,and aim it.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

T251 see how quick my fellow workers are to jump on my back. Try working with these "people". They are only for themself. I talk about the union and they can't belive I drive for UPSGF. They must think there way is the only way. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT UPSGF THAT WANT A UNION AND ARE GOING TO GET IT. I know if there is a vote at my terminal who will win.

skull said:
T251 see how quick my fellow workers are to jump on my back. Try working with these "people". They are only for themself. I talk about the union and they can't belive I drive for UPSGF. They must think there way is the only way. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT UPSGF THAT WANT A UNION AND ARE GOING TO GET IT. I know if there is a vote at my terminal who will win.

It's quite obviuos they are for themselves, every statement, complaint, or acqusation is an obviuos indication of their individualism.

Being a Teamster or espiring to be one takes unity and teamwork.

Individuals like those that belittle you or jump in your back for your ideals have probally never experienced being part of a team probally never played a team sport, served in the miliarty or know what its like to be "more than one".

Funny thing, this voting thing is going to spread like wild fire. The ones that get it going need the most credit, some will jump on board, others will need coaxing.

Fighting for what you and your brothers/sisters believe in is what it all about here.

Don't wait and see.

Support for this cause is out there, alot more then most think.

Keep the faith skull, don't sweat the small stuff or should I say the small "ones"

Yours in Solidarity
T251

They will be going to the union halls soon. Don't be scared - it will look like the dawn of the dead. They will look braindead, out-of-shape and totally dismayed. They'll be wearing UPS Freight uniforms. Don't worry, It won't be an illusion - just don't turn your back on them, they'll stab you.

hugnlug said:
DY and HM, grow up!! What you fail to realize is this is an open forum. Calling a fellow employee out on the carpet because of a misspelled word is ridiculous and makes you both look real mature. HM, you talk about bomb throwing? Just because you do not agree with someones opinion doesn't give you the right to make a point that they spelled Overnite wrong. If you are a "All Star Team" driver, walk the talk and show some respect, regardless of opinion. And DY, do you enjoy jumping on someone that makes a mistake too? Pretty sad. Regardless of your nonunion ideology, we all belong to the same company. Last time I looked it wasn't "O" or "MC" on my paycheck. If tomorrow UPSF went union, it would not amount to a hill of beans operationally or financially. Our parent company who has dealt with the Teamsters for 100 years, and always made money, will make this work on the back of it's bread and butter, it's workforce. I along with many others just want our backs protected. Regardless of that outcome, we all have to work together and give a 100% to become the world leader in LTL business. Childlike behavior is not the professional standard that we should aspire for and will lead to internal animosity.
When did someone put you in charge of deciding who is right or wrong.We can speak about what we want as long as we follow the rules....We don't need outside influences to sway us...:smilie_132:Anyone who truly works for the company would know how to spell the company and you can take that to the bank......

HEAVY-METAL said:
Hugnlug; The only point I was trying to make is he's probably not an OVNT vet. It's not about the wrong spelling of a "word". I get words wrong too from time to time. I'm saying that you ought to know the correct spelling of the company you've worked for. When you're dealing with customers (or law enforcement) you should know how your co's name is spelled. I think I just caught a OVNT impostor. Or want-a-be. Also, I didn't disrespect anyone. I try to be as civil as possible on this board. I don't know anyone here personally. Benefit of the doubt, respect goes both ways.
The problem is there are alot of people outside the company who would love to see us fight and stand to gain by it......:smilie_132:

Johnnybegood said:
The problem is there are alot of people outside the company who would love to see us fight and stand to gain by it......:smilie_132:

Gain what DY?
1% in membership.
Is that what you think it all about?
Maybe the pension, the NEPF is in terrific shape?
Tell me again what am I to gain. You say we are doing this to gain something.
WHAT IS IT?

Do you actually know or are you just searching for smileys to post.

T251

Teamster251 said:
Gain what DY?
1% in membership.
Is that what you think it all about?
Maybe the pension, the NEPF is in terrific shape?
Tell me again what am I to gain. You say we are doing this to gain something.
WHAT IS IT?

Do you actually know or are you just searching for smileys to post.

T251

I think I know. You do it out of love so you can call us all brothers and sisters. I can just feel all the love. :moon2:

There are lots of people who stand to gain...Everyone knows there are more people going to retire soon ,lots of Baby boomer's.And there are not enough paying into these funds at the current rate they are going so they need more people putting money into the pot .....

Johnnybegood said:
There are lots of people who stand to gain...Everyone knows there are more people going to retire soon ,lots of Baby boomer's.And there are not enough paying into these funds at the current rate they are going so they need more people putting money into the pot .....
I believe that holds true for every pension fund, single or multi-employer in the US.

Are you so blind that you can't see through he forest to see the trees?

Johnnybegood said:
We have a great pension now with lots of years vested.Why put all that in jeopardy?

You do?

Tell us about it.

How much does the company pay into it on your behalf weekly?

How is that money invested?

In what funds?

Who manges it?

Names please, who's the mangaers of the pension?

Great pension, you must know all about it, please tell us.

T251

Teamster251 said:
You do?

Tell us about it.

How much does the company pay into it on your behalf weekly?

How is that money invested?

In what funds?

Who manges it?

Names please, who's the mangaers of the pension?

Great pension, you must know all about it, please tell us.

T251
:smilie_132:

I'm sorry i dont have all the answers for everything i work you know and do not have the time to look all these things up....You tell me the answers if you think yours is better......