TForce | Drivers runs- mileage cut- A Must read

greenbean

TB Lurker
Credits
Today we were told: teams that run from Hrs to Fon will no longer be. They will do meet and turn to Oklahoma city then return to Hrs.
When they return to Hrs if team freight is available the can run, if not the team can be split then run single. Bump slips have been handed out to 30 drivers that I no of. Ups thinks putting the freight on the rail,it will get there for delivery. There will more changes to come. Also heard slip seatting will start soon. Good luck to all. Changes will not be to our best interest get out the LUBE.

Yeah buddy when I'm sitting at a rail crossing I see a lot of UPS trailers on the rail road.
I also see Yellow,and Roadway,but the most is UPS.

But when it comes to running trailers on the rails.
You need a driver to drop off the trailer,and another driver to pick it up at its destination.

So they can't completly cut us drivers out of their vision,of being the tightest ship,in shipping.

1) Maybe they expecting a significant increase in freight and are fearful that they do not have enough linehaul drivers and power to move it.
2) It could be the brain dead at central dispatch that have come up with this brilliant plan.
3) Maybe its a little bit of both the above possiblities

Today we were told: teams that run from Hrs to Fon will no longer be. They will do meet and turn to Oklahoma city then return to Hrs.
When they return to Hrs if team freight is available the can run, if not the team can be split then run single. Bump slips have been handed out to 30 drivers that I no of. Ups thinks putting the freight on the rail,it will get there for delivery. There will more changes to come. Also heard slip seatting will start soon. Good luck to all. Changes will not be to our best interest get out the LUBE.

Maybe I will be able to go back to 3 and 2's. This sleeper thing is getting old.

I don't know who "we" is...or who you think "you" are, but I asked dispatch about it and he said he heard this rumor also....but hasn't heard it from Frank(Transportation supervisor) yet....so until Frank says it...it is what it is...A Rumor:chairshot::nutkick:

I don't know who "we" is...or who you think "you" are, but I asked dispatch about it and he said he heard this rumor also....but hasn't heard it from Frank(Transportation supervisor) yet....so until Frank says it...it is what it is...A Rumor:chairshot::nutkick:
Rumor my a** just ask the Dallas drivers about there Harrisburgs, they are now Bristol meets :1036316054:

guess what we have a bump slip. maybe dispatch dont no what they are talking about. SORRY NOT A RUMOR. Call Frank yourself and see what the answer is.

Why are meets better than team turn arounds?
Both methods are using two drivers?

Of course these questions are coming from me a city driver that is totally clueless when it comes to road the operation.

It is true that Fontana and LAX will be turning OKC. According to Mickey & Frank there will be a conference call on Thursday to see if they will put another turn w/the OKC (ie. South Holland). Yes, I did receive a bump sheet and just think last week I was telling my partner, that our schedule was working too..... good...... May the bumping begin!!!

Didn't you guys in HRS just bid? Man that stinks. Oh well lets get used to the changes. I don't think we have a choice.

SIGN YOUR CARDS

Oh Ya If u think it's true than it must be,,,sign a card
be part of the solution ,,:hysterical: , not the problem

I was woundering if you could tell all of us a little more about yourself just-me?
From your posts it looks like your sold out on the Teamsters.
Are you a member of the Teamsters now?
If so how long?
Are you a driver,or dock hand,if so for who,and how long?

No I don't think I'm being nosy.
I just take an interest in posters that post a lot.

Your putting up a lot of posts,and I'd like to know more about what is behind your strong opinion to become a Teamster.

Heres one more question.
Do you know Teamster 251,if so have you known him long?

I was woundering if you could tell all of us a little more about yourself just-me?
If so how long?

Your putting up a lot of posts,and I'd like to know more about what is behind your strong opinion to become a Teamster.

Heres one more question.
I don't believe I owe u anything .

Yes would have the answer for you team drivers Myself Frank always seems to get it done on top of everything

Rumor my a** just ask the Dallas drivers about there Harrisburgs, they are now Bristol meets :1036316054:

Hey that hurt us too. The double Dallas runs were our premium runs out of HRS.
That little change cost me too because I couldn't even get a sleeper at bid.
Last year they forced 14 guys on sleeper, and this year there weren't enough.

If so how long?

Heres one more question.

His writing style and comments remind me of JonnieBeGood....but from the other side of the fence.