TForce | Drivers runs- mileage cut- A Must read

I was woundering if you could tell all of us a little more about yourself just-me?
From your posts it looks like your sold out on the Teamsters.
Are you a member of the Teamsters now?
If so how long?
Are you a driver,or dock hand,if so for who,and how long?

No I don't think I'm being nosy.
I just take an interest in posters that post a lot.

Your putting up a lot of posts,and I'd like to know more about what is behind your strong opinion to become a Teamster.

Heres one more question.
Do you know Teamster 251,if so have you known him long?

APO, why would just-me want to tell you about himself to you?

Maybe just-me wants his identy proteted so he/she is not retaleated against. I think if just-me wants people to know who he/she was he/she wouldn't have chosen a name like "just-me" maybe a name like HI_ I"M_JOE_BLOW_FROM_INDY_3RD_ON_THE_LIST, would help pin point it more for you.

No one has asked who you are, you'd volunteered that info so people at your own terminal know just who you are and you have admitted it here on this board that they have given you grief over the things you post. You are out of line asking just-me to expose himself/herself and if he/she knows me.

What does knowing me have anyhting to do with the price of eggs in Boston?

Most people know who I'm, what I'm about, where I work, and so on.

People's personal identies have no bearing on anything that happens on this board PERIOD

My TM,and co-workers know who I am because I have nothing to hide.

The way just-me was posting beating the drum for all of us UPS Freight hauler to become Teansters when the big Teamster union machine is already rolling along.
With Indy,and this stalled union barganing for a custom made to order UPS Freight contract.
I thought I'd like to get to know him a little better.
How can I get to know someone if I don't ask them questions of who they are,and where they are coming from?

Yes Teamster 251 from your posts I've really got to know a lot about you,and I'm happy you are willing to share.
I don't always agree with you,but I do value the good information you've posted about a lot of the union issues a lot of us were unaware of.
So keep up the good work my truckingboard friend.

My TM,and co-workers know who I am because I have nothing to hide.

The way just-me was posting beating the drum for all of us UPS Freight hauler to become Teansters when the big Teamster union machine is already rolling along.
With Indy,and this stalled union barganing for a custom made to order UPS Freight contract.
I thought I'd like to get to know him a little better.
How can I get to know someone if I don't ask them questions of who they are,and where they are coming from?

Yes Teamster 251 from your posts I've really got to know a lot about you,and I'm happy you are willing to share.
I don't always agree with you,but I do value the good information you've posted about a lot of the union issues a lot of us were unaware of.
So keep up the good work my truckingboard friend.

Apo talks are not stalled

Just because they aren't moving quick enough for you doesn't mean they are stalled. They are progressing fine and will result in a better contract than a quickly put together affair.

Which would you prefer, a long engagement and a happy-ever-after wedding and marriage or a quick fling, a Vegas wedding and a quickie divorce?

So you think 6 months,one half of a year,is a very short time Teamster 251?
The Teamsters web site recorded the start of the bargaing Sept.6th 2006,now we are in mid Feb.?
When you get to be my age you will think 6 months is a long time.
But what the hey,theres nothing anyone can do but ride it out for however long it takes.

Holy cats I'm a whinner because I've noticed these barganing talks are going on over one half of a year now,and so far no-one knows anymore that when these two sides went to the table?

Its kind of funny in an odd sort of way.
All the fighting that Overnite did to keep all of us workers from being represented by the Teamsters.
All they would have to have done to avoid all of the money they spent.
As well as all of the unfair labor charges filed against them by the Teamsters.
Was they could of just gone to the bargaining tables way back when the Teamsters first started standing at our gates.
Who knows maybe they would of sold out to UPS when they were still holding contract talks,and than UPS could of just gone on with them where Overnite left off.

This may be a sure fire way to keep non-union companies from organizing.

Just say you don't mind if your workers become Teamsters.
Enter into contract talks,and drag your feet forever.
Yup I say UPS is a very smart company.
They've got the biggest union contract that the Teamsters have,so that means they can deal with the union the way they want in regards to their freight division.

You all think this is just my opinion?
No-one else sees this the same way I do?

Ap:
Holy cats I'm a whinner because I've noticed these barganing talks are going on over one half of a year now,and so far no-one knows anymore that when these two sides went to the table?

You need to have a talk with T251 again, he will tell you once again, why it takes the time it takes to come up with a contract from scratch. (basically)

Its kind of funny in an odd sort of way.
All the fighting that Overnite did to keep all of us workers from being represented by the Teamsters.
All they would have to have done to avoid all of the money they spent.
As well as all of the unfair labor charges filed against them by the Teamsters.
Was they could of just gone to the bargaining tables way back when the Teamsters first started standing at our gates.
Who knows maybe they would of sold out to UPS when they were still holding contract talks,and than UPS could of just gone on with them where Overnite left off.

They could afford to pay the Line Drivers the delay and work time that they deserve.

Enter into contract talks,and drag your feet forever.

Who is dragging their feet forever?
4 months is forever???

So you think 6 months,one half of a year,is a very short time Teamster 251?
The Teamsters web site recorded the start of the bargaing Sept.6th 2006,now we are in mid Feb.?
When you get to be my age you will think 6 months is a long time.
But what the hey,theres nothing anyone can do but ride it out for however long it takes.

APO!!!! just me is the man that started it all in INDY. maybe you have nothing to be thankful for considering your age and when you are retireing, but some of us do. Leave the man alone he has enough on his plate , do'nt you think....:smilie_132:

Why are meets better than team turn arounds?
Both methods are using two drivers?

Of course these questions are coming from me a city driver that is totally clueless when it comes to road the operation.

Maybe when they buy ABF that can show us how to relay. :hysterical:

But a Fontana driver told me the OKC thing was starting the 26th of the month. So it is true about the cutting runs to Harrisburg and making them meets in OKC.

OK Skeeter you are a road driver,can you give me this answer?
Why is it better to do meets than turns?
Is it a safety issue?
This meanning the meet drivers don't have to drive as far as if they did turns?

Is it a safety issue?

I have done a lot of meat and turns. Works out fine if you have a good meet man and a cell phone. It can get screwed up buy the meet man or central then you are either going through or you will sit alot!
Me i like meet and turns.

Is it a safety issue?

There is long term cost's associated with turn's, for example, in my terminal up, north we do not have a bunk house, it is motel land for this driver, and if we make this run a meet , we have eliminated the cost of lodging. Just 1 example.

Meets and turns are close to the same. they are both with out lay over. Over the many years that I have been here I have seen the company do meets in order to try and make the milage pay close to the same for both terminals involved in the meets. In the north thats all we had before NBR opened up. Some terminals that are over 600 miles for a turn out of NBR will still do a meet. Usually meeting a HRS driver. Over the last five years the company has been trying to do away with lay over runs. In the North there are few bunk houses. HRS still has one but its barely used compared to 5-10 years ago. The costs of maintaining bunk houses and the costs of hotel expenses has forced the company to do alot more turns. They claim it also speeds up shipping lanes. 10-15 years ago there was hardly any meets or turns. All lay over runs into HRS. The good old days.

whiners

these whinners at ovenite are getting a taste of what the mc employees have been getting all along......whine on driver how does it feel?

I dont think your fellow employees are whinners. If you think that then you put yourself in the group because MC and Overnite are now UPS Freight. You are in the same position as the rest of us.