TForce | Drivers runs- mileage cut- A Must read

Yeah buddy when I'm sitting at a rail crossing I see a lot of UPS trailers on the rail road.
I also see Yellow,and Roadway,but the most is UPS.

But when it comes to running trailers on the rails.
You need a driver to drop off the trailer,and another driver to pick it up at its destination.

So they can't completly cut us drivers out of their vision,of being the tightest ship,in shipping.

I've seen them too. Luckily it is just parcel and not us (freight div.), but of course this could change!

lost run

Hey that hurt us too. The double Dallas runs were our premium runs out of HRS.
That little change cost me too because I couldn't even get a sleeper at bid.
Last year they forced 14 guys on sleeper, and this year there weren't enough.

if you think that hurts wait until all this bumping is over. Sorry to say this ride has just begun.

change

I've seen them too. Luckily it is just parcel and not us (freight div.), but of course this could change!
get ready for the change. Ups thinks putting the freight on the rail will make the delivery faster. Looks like were going to have alot of rail runs in HRS. any question ask Frank

Well in my opinion this idea doesn't make that much sence.
You need a driver to drop off the trailer at the rail yard.
The trailers have to be placed,and secured on the rail cars,after the train gets to the desination,the cars have to be broke out of the line up,than unloaded,with another driver taking in from that rail yard to the terminal.

We old time Overniter's know this was one of Union Pacifics big ideas that didn't work out for them.
they found out it was quicker for a driver to go from terminal,to terminal than it was messing with doing it by rail.

Oh well here we go again.

I don't know who "we" is...or who you think "you" are, but I asked dispatch about it and he said he heard this rumor also....but hasn't heard it from Frank(Transportation supervisor) yet....so until Frank says it...it is what it is...A Rumor:chairshot::nutkick:

In my travels I've found Frank to be rude and he's a dope and knows nothing about how to what we do "service costumers" :smilie_132:

Frankly how do you deal with management?
If you know whats good for you its yes sir if thats what you want its ok with me.
All the whinning in the world won't change company policy if thats how management wants it done than so be it.

Case in point say your TM wants something his way,but you totally disagree.
You scawl,and bawl about how wrong he,or she is by wanting it their way,but than you just wind up doing it,so whats the point of being a whinner?

You know I'm the old gear jammer on these boards,I don't always get it right.
But this is how I've seen it work,in the 44 years I've been in this buisness.
What management wants management gets.
If it doesn't work out for them,they have to change.
Any objection by the workers usually falls on deaf ears.
This may just be my opinion?
But I speak from experience I've delt with a lot of managers in many LTL trucking companies over the years,and its always the same story.
You say yes sir,than go out and do your best,without saying another word.
If it works,than they are doing their job of managing.
If it doesn't work out for them,you did your best,and they have to change their ways so it will work,or they will be replaced with someone else that can make it work.

In my travels I've found Frank to be rude and he's a dope and knows nothing about how to what we do "service costumers" :smilie_132:

I agree....He is rude and talks to you like your a peice of shyte......

And I'm sorry but you team feelars have been running over the top of solos like crazy and not word about how bad you feel for them...Denver has lost many bids while more and more teams go thru there....The went from somewhere around 30 to 19 bids to keep you teams running.....Sorry I wish no ones job changed but it is not only you team drivers that are taknig it in the backside...Solo guys have been taking it in the backside for almost a year now.....

drivers

I agree....He is rude and talks to you like your a peice of shyte......

And I'm sorry but you team feelars have been running over the top of solos like crazy and not word about how bad you feel for them...Denver has lost many bids while more and more teams go thru there....The went from somewhere around 30 to 19 bids to keep you teams running.....Sorry I wish no ones job changed but it is not only you team drivers that are taknig it in the backside...Solo guys have been taking it in the backside for almost a year now.....
read my other post you will find that your statement is not true. I dont believe the teams from HRS. is takeing freight from Denver. I will say that I have been to many terminals and would have to sit and listen to a dispatcher telling me he had no freight. when it was not true. Loads were sitting for FL, ric. dal.or other terminals and was told cant take that cause that was for owner op. "Well that freight is for our teams from so -so that will be here tomarrow night." The problem is central dispatch--and dispatchers that have a buddy system going to make sure their BUDS are taken care of while your *** sits at home.-The company needs to hire experienced Dispatchers and coordinators. Not Joe blow of the street with no idea what is going on. This is a BIG waste of time and money for all. Dont take offense to this post.

read my other post you will find that your statement is not true. I dont believe the teams from HRS. is takeing freight from Denver. I will say that I have been to many terminals and would have to sit and listen to a dispatcher telling me he had no freight. when it was not true. Loads were sitting for FL, ric. dal.or other terminals and was told cant take that cause that was for owner op. "Well that freight is for our teams from so -so that will be here tomarrow night." The problem is central dispatch--and dispatchers that have a buddy system going to make sure their BUDS are taken care of while your *** sits at home.-The company needs to hire experienced Dispatchers and coordinators. Not Joe blow of the street with no idea what is going on. This is a BIG waste of time and money for all. Dont take offense to this post.

May not be you in particular, but it happens everyday....And its not right on eitherside...You work at terminal for years, do a good job and the next thing you know guys from Florida roll in and take the freight you have moved for years.....I know we are on the same page here....I just don't like the fact that if it is not effecting you....Then out of sight out of mind....But once that samething happens to you it is awful....And the YOU is not just you, its a few on here that has called me a whiner and such for stating the samethings you all are now....And I really don't think it is all the controllers, the engineers set ALL of this crap up and the controllers have to apply it....Not saying that they don't do the STUPIDEST things I have ever seen.....Empties to empties, leave freight because you could only bring one trailer to your turn......I am on your side, it all sucks.....The changes and uncertainty. I really feel like some of these changes are to put us at odds with eachother....Divide and concur....Huh? And the buddy system I have no doubt it is in play.....

May not be you in particular, but it happens everyday....And its not right on eitherside...You work at terminal for years, do a good job and the next thing you know guys from Florida roll in and take the freight you have moved for years.....I know we are on the same page here....I just don't like the fact that if it is not effecting you....Then out of sight out of mind....But once that samething happens to you it is awful....And the YOU is not just you, its a few on here that has called me a whiner and such for stating the samethings you all are now....And I really don't think it is all the controllers, the engineers set ALL of this crap up and the controllers have to apply it....Not saying that they don't do the STUPIDEST things I have ever seen.....Empties to empties, leave freight because you could only bring one trailer to your turn......I am on your side, it all sucks.....The changes and uncertainty. I really feel like some of these changes are to put us at odds with eachother....Divide and concur....Huh? And the buddy system I have no doubt it is in play.....
not putting each other at odds. This is going to effect everyone of us. The only terminal that it hasnt to my knowledge is INDY since they are under contract with the teamsters and the company has to negotiate everything.

not putting each other at odds. This is going to effect everyone of us. The only terminal that it hasnt to my knowledge is INDY since they are under contract with the teamsters and the company has to negotiate everything.

B-I-N-G-O!!!!!! And it does put people at odds...The company very rarely feels the brunt of these things....Employees get mad at each other thinks that some how that driver had the power to make it happen....This driver here is all pissed at me because they painted his truck and turned it down ( I had to bring it back to our yard)...Like I had a thing to do with it.....Put the blame where it belongs...Ya know? Not that these posts had anything to do with what I just stated...But I hope my meaning came across.....

This is why guys u all need to stick together. If they see u weak , they see an opportunity. Don't let ur gaurd down stick together .Don't bit**h about one another this show weaknesss to the company.

Support each other because in the end thats all u have,for now.unity ,brother hood .keep ur head up.

I'm Sorry.

YOU LYING BA$TARD!!!!!! You take their money and run to the beach and chase the naked girls around flashing your cash or your nuts&berries rollerblades!!!!! Cal;iforniacatin freaks!!!!! Love ya brother, I know you are.....Just gotta to do your job to pay the bills.....

I hate to say I told you so, but it's only beginning.

I just hope Indy's proposal fly so your lives are not disrupted too much.

It's not time to wait and see anymore, it's time to turn up the pressure.

T251