FedEx Freight | Dumbest reasons for getting fired

blues81b

TB Lurker
Credits
We had a road driver fired in STL for threatening another driver. Just wanted to hear about some of lamest reasons guys have got the boot.

We had a road driver fired in STL for threatening another driver. Just wanted to hear about some of lamest reasons guys have got the boot.

I'd say that's a pretty good reason, and yes it's happened in KCY too.

We also had 2 shop employees steal some meat from a cookout that was being stored in the shop freezer, video caught them walking to their vehicles with the boxes.

roog

What I don't agree with is when we had a city driver start a physical confrontation, promptly got educated in the finer ways of getting his butt kicked and they fired both. Zero tolerance it is.

roog

What I don't agree with is when we had a city driver start a physical confrontation, promptly got educated in the finer ways of getting his butt kicked and they fired both. Zero tolerance it is.

roog
The guy defending himself shouldn't have been fired just because he won. It's pretty hard to stay professional when someone tries to feed you a knuckle sandwich.

I was fired for, oh wait I'm not an at will employee anymore so I don't have a cloud hanging over me everyday wondering if I have to go home and explain to my wife that after more than a decade of service I no longer have a job because of some corporate agenda. Oh, you want to discipline me for something? Hold on, let me grab my steward and my pocket packet for Weingarten rights and I'll be right in your office champ!

I was fired for, oh wait I'm not an at will employee anymore so I don't have a cloud hanging over me everyday wondering if I have to go home and explain to my wife that after more than a decade of service I no longer have a job because of some corporate agenda. Oh, you want to discipline me for something? Hold on, let me grab my steward and my pocket packet for Weingarten rights and I'll be right in your office champ!

Whats it say in your contract about it? Oh that's right. Go to work tomorrow and punch someone then check back in.

You better have a good relationship with that shop steward. Because they will sell you down the river in a heartbeat. Been there, done that.