ODFL | Equipment Updates

I looked in the new batch of tractors and they have this front end collision avoidance system thing mounted below the stereo. Is this just one that beeps at you when too close or is it the full job that brakes?

I looked in the new batch of tractors and they have this front end collision avoidance system thing mounted below the stereo. Is this just one that beeps at you when too close or is it the full job that brakes?

I hope not, or I hope they have a better system than we did at Conjob, that thing would mistake the car getting off the ramp as still in front of you and try to plant you through the windshield!

This month's Safety Video is on the Avoidance System in the new equipment.Also,we got new 2018's rolling into our term.Was at Freightliner yesterday.Seen at least 8 twin axles and bunch of single axle daycabs.Everyone Suppose to watch video and sign off on training.Because Freightliner will void warranty if driver's have not been trained before driving

This month's Safety Video is on the Avoidance System in the new equipment.Also,we got new 2018's rolling into our term.Was at Freightliner yesterday.Seen at least 8 twin axles and bunch of single axle daycabs.Everyone Suppose to watch video and sign off on training.Because Freightliner will void warranty if driver's have not been trained before driving
We watched the video, not all that interesting. System is going to do what the system is going to do. Didn't see anyway a driver could do something to void a warranty.

We watched the video, not all that interesting. System is going to do what the system is going to do. Didn't see anyway a driver could do something to void a warranty.
Could cause a driver to wreck or cause a wreck if he or she is not familiar with system

Well I guess this will be the first monthly safety video in my near 4 year employment with OD that I will watch! We just get a printout and a paper to sign,

We got about 30 2018's here in PHX over the last few weeks, guess we are keeping about 16 of them and the rest are being sent out other places. They will replace all of our colombias and some of the 2009 cascadias. I hopped in one to check it out the other day, the seats are very comfortable... prob because it hasn't had a bunch of 300+ pounders crushing the life out of it. The Blu also looks nice integrated into the dash.

We got about 30 2018's here in PHX over the last few weeks, guess we are keeping about 16 of them and the rest are being sent out other places. They will replace all of our colombias and some of the 2009 cascadias. I hopped in one to check it out the other day, the seats are very comfortable... prob because it hasn't had a bunch of 300+ pounders crushing the life out of it. The Blu also looks nice integrated into the dash.

We've got some '17s with the integrated Blu... looks really cool and professionally done but they forgot that sometimes we have to reboot these things and with it in the dash we can't do it ourselves anymore.

We've got some '17s with the integrated Blu... looks really cool and professionally done but they forgot that sometimes we have to reboot these things and with it in the dash we can't do it ourselves anymore.
Can reboot by just holding the home key down and holding it on the newest one.No need to reset from the side button.When holding down it will make crazy noise.Just hold it down till it resets

Someone asked upthread about collision avoidance.Yes the new trucks have a unit below the radio in what Used to he a cubby.We also had a meeting about a month or so ago with Todd.Talked about it and how cruise control will back out of it senses a vehicle in front.Also took us out to show us not to down shift but save fuel letting motor drop to idle.Shift through all 10 gears at idle.It really worked I guess.Don't think we saw any video about collision avoidance.

We're having a meeting tomorrow but I'm sure they won't talk about new trucks at all.