Estes | Estes Express Rumor THREAD

I just don't see how they are making money off of those lease back terminals they bought. It's like buying a $30,000 motorcycle to save $400 in gas each year. I'm told yrcw can't make the payments anyhow. Who know?

I just don't see how they are making money off of those lease back terminals they bought. It's like buying a $30,000 motorcycle to save $400 in gas each year. I'm told yrcw can't make the payments anyhow. Who know?

I guess short term,yes
But over all, on long term, Rob bought those terminals 50 cents on the dollar,and hoping property values will increase back to normal levels some day,thus doubling property values for a profit.
Either way,it's to rich for my blood, so i'll leave it to him

We needed a lot of these terminals to upgrade our facilities..Columbus,Pheonix and Memphis were needed..Memphis has been outgrown for years..And I've heard the new Albercrackie terminal was heaven sent..So,some will agree,some will disagree,I think Rob knows what he's doing..At least I hope so..Also heard that we may be going to move the Portland,Oregon terminal into the Reddaway terminal..Just a rumor though..

Has anyone heard about the rumor of the 075(JAM) hub closing..Usually, I don't mention things like this on the TB..But it will affect our terminal..

Has anyone heard about the rumor of the 075(JAM) hub closing..Usually, I don't mention things like this on the TB..But it will affect our terminal..
I heard 075 moving to 135 ...043 moving to 041 and 047 going somewhere. Also the break bulk in 179 is a fact as I read it on the puter screen.

I don't think 075 will be closing as Memphis (135) has a bid up for a (JAM 075) turn.

Also, one of the extra board drivers laid off last week in Nashville was told by the terminal manager that he can transfer to 135 next month if he desires as they will be hiring then. Hmmmm

I don't think 075 will be closing as Memphis (135) has a bid up for a (JAM 075) turn.

Also, one of the extra board drivers laid off last week in Nashville was told by the terminal manager that he can transfer to 135 next month if he desires as they will be hiring then. Hmmmm

Well, if they were told in Memphis that after the 1st of the year, they would be influxed with 1.5 to 2 million pounds of freight,they are still going to need JAM runs,just to transfer the proper freight..

I wasn't asking if the terminal was closing, just the Hub..I hope they don't close it..

Heard they might be turning the trucks back to 60mph...anyone else hear this???

I really don't care what they turn them back to..As long as they add time to runs, so your butt won't be in a sling..Lets see..If you cut them back 7 miles per hour, that means they have to add 45 minutes to the run..If my calculation is correct..

60 is fine with me. Us southern folks are never in a hurry anyhow. 65 is just fast enough to **** ya off because you get stuck in the hammer lane. At least 60 their would be no hammer lane. Lol

I don't see them turning them back to 60 mph. Every mechanic i've talked to said it was stupid to choke them down to where there at. My fuel mileage sure didn't get any better when they turn them down, still use the same or a few gallons more.

my truck already gets passed by all the other estes trucks. it says 66,67 but they pass me. shop says its fine.

but how do they all pass me then?

so i guess if they drop to 60 mine will be only going 58.

i dont see how it saves fuel anyway. when you add more time truck is running.

did you see on dvd they want to change trucks to 97000 pounds from 80000 if you have a twin axle truck. says you need six axles for 97000. they were claiming this saves fuel cause you can put more freight on trucks saving trips. could save one pup with extra 17000.

so less linehaul runs. 3 runs could be cut to 2. thats next years reduction in work force.