Estes | Estes Express Rumor THREAD

the yard ? its fair size. 100 - 120 doors maybe ? good sized shop. yard is good enough could be bigger

Capturestl.jpg

Starbucks?

Anyone got concrete facts on Starbucks/Saia rumors floating around? Heard of happenings but last trailer I pulled was full of Starbucks freight headin Northeast.

That's pretty good sized BB.What's the highway off to the right?Someone told me the other day that terminals get charged for all their empty trailers something about home office takes it out of their bottom line every month.They keep taking trailers out of our yard and started Bobtail our road drivers back to the yard,which worries me a bit.

that would b a rail line to the right i think,steet on left would b broadway and i-70 would b about 1/2 mile to the left of that

I know empty miles doesn't help your cost per line haul mile
but to be charged with the amount of equipment you have in your yard is a new one to me.
bad thing about STL is the yard is fine till it got busy. remember the 2 yard days ......... that sucked

I know empty miles doesn't help your cost per line haul mile
but to be charged with the amount of equipment you have in your yard is a new one to me.
bad thing about STL is the yard is fine till it got busy. remember the 2 yard days ......... that sucked

Yea,go find your trailer and digg it out.

don't know about being charged for xtra trls ? but back last winter they moved a bunch of trls out of 028 to 066 like that. when i ran pnd,we had a drop trl at a low volume shipper and i had to go in there once in while to drop n hook mty trl so the mty there moves,that was a move it or loose it situation.but being charged would not shock me either,filled in for a hub driver the other night and was told to make sure ther was a proper count of load bars on the trl otherwise the terminal was gonna b charged for the difference

Someone told me the other day that terminals get charged for all their empty trailers something about home office takes it out of their bottom line every month.
Common accounting practice. Every terminal gets charged $$ per trailer in their pool. If you lower your pool, you get charged less.

Fred ex is probably the best run company out there. They have those ground guys practically running for free and have some of the best accounts out there. Ups started catching on and now do the same thing. Fred ex wouldn't take on big discounts if they couldn't afford it. We haul mediocre freight and the big boys are killing us. I'd bet our hub gets moved from a lot of terminals in the next couple of years.

What's this rumor I keep hearing about two other freight lines cutting rates to eliminate another? Have I been asleep and just woke up..Cause this seems like the '80s again,if this is true..Did this company **** the other two off about something? I thought things were flowing pretty good..

I don't know about eliminating another, but ALL co's are being as competitive as they can to get and keep the freight on their trucks, FXF held out as long as they could before following suit with the rest, bout time, we were getting killed over here.

FM