Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

First, the IBT could have used our dues to purchase stocks to maintain the 25% ownership. Just because they didn't hold the stocks doesn't mean that they should have ignored the need to maintain that power. Just because they never were given any doesn't mean they can't buy stock on the market. Seems like a better bargaining position to say that not only do we represent 25,000 employees we also represent 25% of the ownership of this company. If we as teamsters no longer own 25% of this company then the ball was dropped somewhere.

Second, I'm pretty sure the IBT negotiators demanded that number be there as a hedge for the future. If the economy would have improved, you can be sure that in 2015 the union would have been reminding us all to look at our check stubs. But again, it's looking at money that we never received so it doesn't count and I'm afraid that fixating on that number is what is going to make any negotiations so difficult this time around. Our labor is only worth what someone will actually pay us for it. If I thought I could have left YRC and made more than that .85 cents on the dollar I most certainly would have.

Using dues money to buy stock in a company I believe is illegal for one. Even if it were legal you are talking about money that is paid by a couple million members. Teamsters just don't represent the workers at this pos. If you were a warehouse worker you wouldn't want your dues money being spent on loser company's stock.

YRC wants to extend the MOU for another 5 years... huh.. let's rehash and look over how we got from here to there.

In 2008 just around this time the IBT was in negotiations with YRC privately. They came from these meetings and said a 10% pay cut was needed to keep the company afloat. Yrc gauranteed everyone that this cut would get us over our rocky patch.

March of 2009 YRC defaulted on everyone's pension payments.. No letter prior, no heads up.. just default.

August of the same year we are hit with another pay cut of 5%. Oh yes and the news that YRC will be suspending payments to the pension for a couple of years.

Roll in 2010 and in September of that year YRC now says " we need a weeks vacation back from you guys". Also we are going to re-instate your pension payments but only at 25% of what it use to be.

2011 YRC resumes pension payments at 25%

2012 was a stellar year for the board of directors at YRC because they decided that a $1,000,000.00 bonus should be awarded and split up amongst these superstars.

2013 arrives with the KNOWLEDGE that they have a major payment due in 2014..HMMMM.. let's re-write history.. Sooo YRC gets the IBT on the tellie and says we need to meet and talk...Are you that naive to assume that the November meeting was the 1st time these 2 boys have gotten together??
Do we really want to negotiate with these upstanding business leaders?

From the posts that I have read there is a group that wants to save this company. I'm sure we all do, but to assume that you are helping this company out by voting "YES" to anything that they are going to force down you throat is completely counter productive to YRC's survival. YRC has done nothing difficult to keep this business afloat. As a matter of fact they have consistently taking every easy step and attacked the path of least resistance. If they are serious about taking steps to cut costs and raise production then why haven't they looked inside instead of outside. Inside meaning.. Where are the forensic audits of every terminal in the system? Where can money be saved by simply reducing redundancy inside of these terminals? Is there really a need for 10 billing clerks to have the same job? Where do they purchase their fuel? Their tires? Their oil? Their G&% Da^# paper clips? Has anyone seen this or is prive to such an inspection at their terminal???
No that hasn't been done and it won't be done unless someone makes them search elsewhere for their survival. Your "YES" vote doesn't save this company, it only makes them weaker. Your "YES" vote let's the crack head lock himself inside the pharmacy and where he basically says I'll see ya in 5 years. Sureee it's good that we don't have to deal with the crack head for 5 years.. but we are gonna have to deal with him someday.. Unless... we deal with it now.
The banks aren't going to let them skip out on a billion dollars. To the banks YRC is a cash cow.. Funny how they haven't missed a payment to them..
I've told you before, our leaders have failed us only because we have let them go unchecked. Act now and the truth about money owed, deals made, and "shared sacrifice" will finally be uncovered.

NO NEW DEALS.. NO EXTENSIONS...NO NEGOTIATIONS until they give us the effort we have giving them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, sorry I see your the sensitive type.you also seem to suffer from a very self centered personality.you can dish it out but you can't take much back because of insecurities. When people like you try to show how intelligent they are,the inadvertently expose who they really are.p.s. post your zip code & some of us on here will find a free toothbrush give away for you.

It truly is becoming tiresome to keep reading this BS. If anyone disagrees, they are not a "real" teamster or they should "man up" or "grow a set". You CHOSE to chase a job. Perhaps it is time for you to "man up" and realize that as long as you work for someone else you will NEVER control your own destiny.
I've already posted I would vote no without a deal on pension. But the more I read the "shut 'em down' TRIPE the more inclined I am to vote yes out of spite!

Ive never been employed with a company that we actually have to pay to go to work.Life for corporate YRCW is good.dont you think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

YRCW needs to honor the original MOU as we agreed to first, before asking to exstend it!....KK

Thanks for posting this KK.I think a lot of guys on here are making the mistake that a guy who says vote no is wanting the the co. to close.not so by a long shot.i simply want a enforceable agreement & for mgt. to get their own affairs in order.most of the reason is the failed change that Welch finally has acknowledged. I honestly don't think if we give up 50% of our wages it would be enough to save this place without this mgt. acts to stop the huge waste they create and allow to continue.thats the way I see it.

Heres one thing to ponder.How about this scenario.If we go back and remember Mr Welch and company talking buyout with ABF? The said proposal didnt sit well with the membership.As we were all told about some hedge fund company was willing to back this expenditure.With this secret investor(s) backing out.In doing so this prospective proposal blocked other potential buyers from buying ABF.So just maybe there is a lawsuit looming by ABF (again but different reason) for blocking other entities out.With little time left on the clock before ABF decides to pull the lawsuit switch.YRCW has to reduce their interest rate to gather some cash (hence thats why we havent heard much in wage and benefit increases over that five year extension) They want to use the residuals of a lowered interest rate to go ahead and buy ABF.Before its too late to repair damages incurred in the failed buyout of ABF.ABF and YRCF have already tested each others lanes and network without at least a wimper from our union.

It truly is becoming tiresome to keep reading this BS. If anyone disagrees, they are not a "real" teamster or they should "man up" or "grow a set". You CHOSE to chase a job. Perhaps it is time for you to "man up" and realize that as long as you work for someone else you will NEVER control your own destiny.
I've already posted I would vote no without a deal on pension. But the more I read the "shut 'em down' TRIPE the more inclined I am to vote yes out of spite!
I as long as people want to rail against my thoughts on where we are just because I don't agree with their position, I will continue to respond in kind.if you would change your vote to spite someone on tb you really need to reread what you just posted about a real teamster,man up &growing a set and get a grip on reality . unbelievable. ..

People are saying no extention. If the doors close it will be management that does it.

Of course its management that's screwed things up past and present Rogers was the fall guy but welch was the head honcho,

Maybe its time to get a CEO thats has no connection to yellow in any way, cause these guys just can't seem to figure things out,

There motto should be yellow freight destroying union jobs one company at a time,

They seem more like a 5th column then a company that wants to thrive

Of course its management that's screwed things up past and present Rogers was the fall guy but welch was the head honcho,

Maybe its time to get a CEO thats has no connection to yellow in any way, cause these guys just can't seem to figure things out,

There motto should be yellow freight destroying union jobs one company at a time,

They seem more like a 5th column then a company that wants to thrive

So why should the burden fall on the workers? ABF posted a profit for the 3rd quarter which HAD NO CONCESSIONS.

YRC wants to extend the MOU for another 5 years... huh.. let's rehash and look over how we got from here to there.

In 2008 just around this time the IBT was in negotiations with YRC privately. They came from these meetings and said a 10% pay cut was needed to keep the company afloat. Yrc gauranteed everyone that this cut would get us over our rocky patch.

March of 2009 YRC defaulted on everyone's pension payments.. No letter prior, no heads up.. just default.

August of the same year we are hit with another pay cut of 5%. Oh yes and the news that YRC will be suspending payments to the pension for a couple of years.

Roll in 2010 and in September of that year YRC now says " we need a weeks vacation back from you guys". Also we are going to re-instate your pension payments but only at 25% of what it use to be.

2011 YRC resumes pension payments at 25%

2012 was a stellar year for the board of directors at YRC because they decided that a $1,000,000.00 bonus should be awarded and split up amongst these superstars.

2013 arrives with the KNOWLEDGE that they have a major payment due in 2014..HMMMM.. let's re-write history.. Sooo YRC gets the IBT on the tellie and says we need to meet and talk...Are you that naive to assume that the November meeting was the 1st time these 2 boys have gotten together??
Do we really want to negotiate with these upstanding business leaders?

From the posts that I have read there is a group that wants to save this company. I'm sure we all do, but to assume that you are helping this company out by voting "YES" to anything that they are going to force down you throat is completely counter productive to YRC's survival. YRC has done nothing difficult to keep this business afloat. As a matter of fact they have consistently taking every easy step and attacked the path of least resistance. If they are serious about taking steps to cut costs and raise production then why haven't they looked inside instead of outside. Inside meaning.. Where are the forensic audits of every terminal in the system? Where can money be saved by simply reducing redundancy inside of these terminals? Is there really a need for 10 billing clerks to have the same job? Where do they purchase their fuel? Their tires? Their oil? Their G&% Da^# paper clips? Has anyone seen this or is prive to such an inspection at their terminal???
No that hasn't been done and it won't be done unless someone makes them search elsewhere for their survival. Your "YES" vote doesn't save this company, it only makes them weaker. Your "YES" vote let's the crack head lock himself inside the pharmacy and where he basically says I'll see ya in 5 years. Sureee it's good that we don't have to deal with the crack head for 5 years.. but we are gonna have to deal with him someday.. Unless... we deal with it now.
The banks aren't going to let them skip out on a billion dollars. To the banks YRC is a cash cow.. Funny how they haven't missed a payment to them..
I've told you before, our leaders have failed us only because we have let them go unchecked. Act now and the truth about money owed, deals made, and "shared sacrifice" will finally be uncovered.

NO NEW DEALS.. NO EXTENSIONS...NO NEGOTIATIONS until they give us the effort we have giving them.

Very well said...

Heres one thing to ponder.How about this scenario.If we go back and remember Mr Welch and company talking buyout with ABF? The said proposal didnt sit well with the membership.As we were all told about some hedge fund company was willing to back this expenditure.With this secret investor(s) backing out.In doing so this prospective proposal blocked other potential buyers from buying ABF.So just maybe there is a lawsuit looming by ABF (again but different reason) for blocking other entities out.With little time left on the clock before ABF decides to pull the lawsuit switch.YRCW has to reduce their interest rate to gather some cash (hence thats why we havent heard much in wage and benefit increases over that five year extension) They want to use the residuals of a lowered interest rate to go ahead and buy ABF.Before its too late to repair damages incurred in the failed buyout of ABF.ABF and YRCF have already tested each others lanes and network without at least a wimper from our union.

This is the 2nd time you brought this up...... Nothing more then a pipe dream.... We all run the same lanes, monkey see monkey do. The stock price is also a player now, almost $13 higher then what the offer was back then....

at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you are a real man and stood for something! You are a coward and a brown noser. Yrc tried to by abf last spring now this fall the are broke! Give me a break! Ban me if you want, but i speak the truth!!!!

another dumbass who nows nothing

Lied to? In what way? Are you saying that Company just made it all up about how financially distressed they were...and still are? From the Posts that I read it appears that they are calling for the Closure of the Company....not about honest answers....with your distrust of the Company and the Union would you even recognize what an honest answer would look like? ...

More accurately it is not so much YRCF as it is the conditions placed on them by the lenders....How does it make sense to support the loss of Jobs just because you feel you were "lied" to? ... It is a big World out there and along the way someone is going to "lie" to you.... you just have to grow up and get over that as it is a fact of life in our society......the Issue is larger than whether or not you feel that you were "lied" to..

It is more prudent to make a decision based on a gathering of the facts as best as possible and leave your hurt feelings about your perception of being "lied" to at home.....
No where in my posts did I say close the company. That was you saying that I wanted the doors closed because I disagreed with you and others for telling us "if we don't like it, quit."
Yes we have been lied to. "If the company gets this give back, not only will we survive but thrive no matter what the economy does!"
Sound familiar? Like 3 other times. If I was that bad at my job I would have been fired long ago.
The workers have made it too easy to keep coming back to us for the financial relief. It didn't stop with the first one & this won't be the last.
The company has stopped listening to worker input completely. "I don't care what you think, do it the way I told you!" Sound familiar? Heard that at almost every terminal that I travel to in one form or another. Each event that I knew of was very costly over what the worker was trying to get management to do.
Until this changes expect the same thing.

Whether you voted yes or no to the MOU, by remaining you accepted the terms. YRCF owes you NOTHING. I find it sadly disturbing that people who hate working for YRCF get angry when people who want to work here tell them to quit. If you don't like what has become of YRCF why do you stay? If YRCF shuts the doors the vast majority will NOT find better jobs. And any way you slice it you WILL likely take a pay and benefit cut.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with you albag, I've always respected you and your opinion. Having said that, I will respectfully disagree with you on the part of your post that states YRC owes me nothing. They owe me a paycheck on Friday from the hours I worked the previous pay period, and to honor the current MOU in good faith. That my friend is something.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with you albag, I've always respected you and your opinion. Having said that, I will respectfully disagree with you on the part of your post that states YRC owes me nothing. They owe me a paycheck on Friday from the hours I worked the previous pay period, and to honor the current MOU in good faith. That my friend is something.

Very well said! I might also add they owe us to honor the contract &the mou that they agreed upon.

Don't ask for that; that's how Zollars came in...

I poorly phrased what I posted. By nothing I meant no more than we accepted under the MOU. It wasn't so much you specifically. I am just disappointed some are so rabid about closing the doors. We have yet to see a proposal. As I said, with out some improvement on the pension I'm a no.
As long as I'm on the soap box, one more thought. From my personal observations waste is clearly not limited to one side of the glass.